• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kinda says it all, doesn't it?

oeCf0RJ.png

I take it the Cleveland Bills and Lebron Kelly ended up getting creamed?

It's certainly not Lebron Kelly's fault that he happened to go back to Cleveland at the same time the greatest team ever popped up (I mean, let's face it, the 2015-2016 Warriors are way better than any team MJ had to play in the Finals and generally better than those Pistons and Celtics teams he had to go through in the East at that time too).

It is his fault that he built the roster like shit tho

Hindl

rwxkK3z.png

Nintendo

The ultimate L taker

Sounds about right. And I'm not sure how they can fix it. Even if the NX is a runaway success, I just don't see 3rd party software doing well on there. Assuming you have a PS4/XBO and an NX, and they're all comparable performance-wise, why would you buy a 3rd party game on NX over the other one? Chances are you have an established ecosystem on one of the other two systems

3rd parties and Nintendo are over.

There's just no reason to support them. It's not 1985 anymore - too many options out there, and Nintendo fans have proven that they only care about Nintendo's games on Nintendo's systems.

Only chance Nintendo has with third parties is if there's some sort of Japanese renaissance in gaming, and I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
#Vikings S Harrrison Smith signed a 5-year extension worth $51.25M source said. Full guarantee is $15.278M, total guarantees are $28.578M

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
For #Vikings S Harrison Smith, he's now the highest paid safety. On his 5-yr, $51.25M deal, its a $10M signing bonus. 3-year avg of $10.75M

Smith contract details

Fox318

Nintendo did nothing with the Wii momentum and the Wii U was way under powered and poorly designed (for example in an era where capactive screen games are king they go restive screen).

They don't have a modern networking interface, it took them the death of a ceo who frankly drove the company into the ground for them to get on the mobile bandwagon all while they lost the casual market completely by overpricing 3ds games and letting apple and google eat their market base.

When was the last time you saw a kid play a 3ds instead of a phone or tablet? Plus you get shit like poor account management and not able to play disc media. its probably a 45 cent fee but Nintendo didn't want to pay it and frankly if a family had to oder one console you are probably going to get one with better app support and on that can play your movies.

Trying to celebrate today because of FF12 and yall can't even let me with this Nintendo nonsense

Ninty will rise again and you'll all be sorry for how you've been this year :'[

Harrison Smith new deal for the Vikings.

Who is the highest paid S again?

Earl Thomas, I believe. Earl was 40 million/4 years - 14.2 million guaranteed.

EDIT: Scratch that - its Devon McCourty. 5 years, 47 million - 22 million guaranteed. Jarius Byrd has a higher value contract (54 million) but MCourty's guaranteed money is higher.

EDIT2: Per year salary - Earl Thomas is higher at 10/yr while Devon is at 9.5/year.

bionic77

rwxkK3z.png

Nintendo

The ultimate L taker
Its sad that fans of videogames (at least on this message board) have to settle their arguments or justify their arguments with sales numbers.

I will always love Nintendo games and it would be a real shame if they were to exit this industry for good. You are probably right that new gamers will be ok without them, but Nintendo is really the only Japanese company left standing.

But I never gave a damn for sales other then seeing if the company was making enough to continue making more content.

squicken

It's like Grover said, there's no shame in what Lebron the player has done. His Finals' teams have mostly been outclassed. But for this iteration of the Cavs, coach and GM Lebron have a lot to answer for

bionic77

It's like Grover said, there's no shame in what Lebron the player has done. His Finals' teams have mostly been outclassed. But for this iteration of the Cavs, coach and GM Lebron have a lot to answer for
Why?

They are playing a 73 win team.

We shouldn't be surprised they are styling all over the best team from a vastly inferior conference the faced zero adversity to get to the Finals.

And when Lebron joined the Cavs no one (not even people in the Bay) saw this Warriors team coming. It seemed like the Cavs were a lock to win at least one title 2 years ago.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Why?

They are playing a 73 win team.

We shouldn't be surprised they are styling all over the best team from a vastly inferior conference the faced zero adversity to get to the Finals.

And when Lebron joined the Cavs no one (not even people in the Bay) saw this Warriors team coming. It seemed like the Cavs were a lock to win at least one title 2 years ago.

Poor Kave can't get no respect

I think Lebron really, really has nobody to blame for this time though. Last time he left Cleveland because he felt he was doing everything on his own and on and on. This time they gave him the keys to the kingdom and still had the same result.

The Cavs owner is a big part of the problem. Cavs fired a good coach who is well respected in the NBA for LeBrons buddy. It was such an incredibly stupid move. Also that love trade just looks terrible now. Guy can't get his own shot and doesn't play one bit of D.

Lebron really has to go ring chase and leave Cleveland again if he wants to beat the Warriors. He has to go somewhere like the Spurs where the coach/front office/owner won't take his shit and let him run the franchise. Or the Heat.

But he reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy can't leave Cleveland again, because well the city would revolt. Fuck a jersey, they're burning down his house this time.

Leaving would be crazy at this point since he's literally the GM of the team.

It would be the biggest joke and make him look like a huge fool.

But he's already proven he's a terrible GM. He can't have the power if he wants to win.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Lebron really has to go ring chase and leave Cleveland again if he wants to beat the Warriors.

But he reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy can't leave Cleveland again, because well the city would revolt. Fuck a jersey, they're burning down his house this time.

Sometimes you have to know when you're beat.

No one man can save Cleveland. He's going to look like a joke either way, at least this way he won't look delusional too.

Bread

Banned
I don't want lebron to leave cleve or anything but...

No. I won't say it. Lebron is a cleve for life and he would never leave his city!

BG we will look back on this moment after The Comeback and laugh!

LeBron isn't going anywhere. No other team would let him make one of his friends the head coach, plus let him trade away a top pick for a guy like Love. For better or worse LeBron will be staying with the Cavs.

Top Bottom