• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lebron doesn't need another title though. He has already proven that he's top 10 all time and arguably top 5. Even if he wins another title he's not going to be #1 so his legacy is pretty much set. Winning a title for Cleveland just makes him more loved in Cleveland, but I think the rest of the world already know where he stands in the basketball pantheon.

jbug617

Banned
Cavs are being compared to the Bills of the 90s by Woj
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/embar...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
The hysteria is going to grow between today and Wednesday, the gathering of that tortured city's Here-We-Go-Again darkness descending onto the Cleveland Cavaliers. So far, they've been a stunning embarrassment in the NBA Finals, undisciplined and unfocused and unworthy. So far, the Cavs are threatening to become the NBA's Buffalo Bills.

Bread

Banned
LeBron isn't going anywhere. No other team would let him make one of his friends the head coach, plus let him trade away a top pick for a guy like Love. For better or worse LeBron will be staying with the Cavs.
No other team would let him take their sorry squad to the playoffs or finals? Please. The Sixers would kiss his feet for a chance to see him wearing their jersey.

rando14

I don't want lebron to leave cleve or anything but...

No. I won't say it. Lebron is a cleve for life and he would never leave his city!

BG we will look back on this moment after The Comeback and laugh!

I seent BG's snapchats from yesterday, he's not doing so well ;_;

No other team would let him take their sorry squad to the playoffs or finals? Please. The Sixers would kiss his feet for a chance to see him wearing their jersey.
Of course other teams would love to have him but after seeing what a failure coach/gm LeBron has been will any other team let him hand pick his coach and also trade away players? LeBron is getting older I really wonder how many teams would give him total control like the Cavs do.
Edit: LeBron will be 32 next year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

The Bills weren't undisciplined nor did they lack talent or coaching. As a matter of fact the Jim Kelly Run N' Gun offense, ran out of shotgun formation, revolutionized the game.

Comparing football and basketball is nonsense unless you're trying to correlate the cities of Cleveland and Buffalo with cursed franchises. Then let's brings the Lions into the conversation who have had one playoff win in 50+ years.

The Bills made four straight Super Bowls.

Two totally different sports with totally different outcomes.

The Bills weren't undisciplined nor did they lack talent or coaching. As a matter of fact the Jim Kelly Run N' Gun offense, ran out of shotgun formation, revolutionized the game.

Comparing football and basketball is nonsense unless you're trying to correlate the cities of Cleveland and Buffalo with cursed franchises. Then let's brings the Lions into the conversation who have had one playoff win in 50+ years.

The Bills made four straight Super Bowls.

Two totally different sports with totally different outcomes.

you're overcomplicating this

I don't want lebron to leave cleve or anything but...

No. I won't say it. Lebron is a cleve for life and he would never leave his city!

BG we will look back on this moment after The Comeback and laugh!

lebron_james_by_rondo9mvp-d42d77t.jpg

56eb0947954f9.image.jpg

thomas-isaiah-usnews-getty-ftr_7kqxdq3s1uhn1gpdmp1z56fvg.jpg

#TheNewBigThree

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lebron is staying in Cleveland FOREVER!

KD is coming home to Toronto this summer. Next season is about respeck!

bionic77

lebron_james_by_rondo9mvp-d42d77t.jpg

56eb0947954f9.image.jpg

thomas-isaiah-usnews-getty-ftr_7kqxdq3s1uhn1gpdmp1z56fvg.jpg

#TheNewBigThree
Thats a nice dream but it greatly exceeds the black people quota that Boston has in place for the Celtics.

If you are getting Lebron you also need to take on at least one dopey white guy so that Boston feels comfortable rooting for the team. Probably Kevin Love if I had to guess.

Tom Penny

The Finals have been disappointing. Lebron and Curry were supposed to be the new Magic and Bird Celtics and Lakers and have failed me.

Welp.. Cable went out and Internet sucked so didn't get to see game 2.. I see that I didn't miss much and I really do hate that I was right about the outlook of the series :(

You're out of Cavs Gaf and you out of my T-mobile top 5 pleighboi. Floy you back in
playoff thread kinda the worst
Yes.. I'm no longer the worst :)

Bitch I'm a founding member of Cavs-GAF. I remember when it was just me and jdez holding shit down in the OG NBA-GAF

Speaking of jdez....anyone notice that he hasn't been here since well before Floyd got here? Makes you wonder hmm
What are you saying Jak Jr?

FFXII HD! Chris!!!
Chris.. The dream has been achieved friend!!

But he reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyy can't leave Cleveland again, because well the city would revolt. Fuck a jersey, they're burning down his house this time.
God... I cannot see him fucking off now. I can't.

Gimme your address. I'm gonna fly over to your trailer and fight you!
Fixed

bionic77

E3 is next week?? Man...this is the most out of touch I've been with video games...since...ever I guess.
MS and Sony are going to convince gamers that they should continue to overpay to upgrade underpowered consoles instead of just upgrading to PCs and growing a neckbeard like they should have done years ago. Most gamers are too stupid to know that a modern PC is just a more powerful Xbox and can plug into your tv just like an Xbox and can even use its controller!

Nintendo is going to show us a Zelda game that took 10 years to make and that is it.

And probably some fat gamers are going to grope or harass some women there.

Now you are up to speed bro!

JABEE

MS and Sony are going to convince gamers that they should continue to overpay to upgrade underpowered consoles instead of just upgrading to PCs and growing a neckbeard like they should have done years ago. Most gamers are too stupid to know that a modern PC is just a more powerful Xbox and can plug into your tv just like an Xbox and can even use its controller!

Nintendo is going to show us a Zelda game that took 10 years to make and that is it.

rYHo5Uu.jpg

Video Games are Back!

Malalaw

I used to be super hyped for E3. Now I just don't care. Everything leaks early anyway and 9 chances out of 10 everything they show gets downgraded and or delayed.

Now that I'm caught up it's no wonder I don't care anymore!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah since I bought a 970, my care factor for consoles has plummeted. Now it's like E3 will often show games that, for me, will be underpowered and unmoddable. I'm glad Microsoft is taking steps to release most everything on PC.

On the other hand, these new consoles will hopefully force devs to push specs which will ultimately benefit the PC version.

Hindl

I think one reason this E3 is muted besides the whole Nintendo ditching and MS/Sony doing the upgrade stuff is that there doesn't really seem to be room to announce new stuff. The past 3 E3s have all had major announcements for games that still aren't out. I feel like this E3 is going to be just showing extended gameplay of a lot of them. I could be wrong, but look at these games that are announced but haven't released:

FFXV, KH3, Horizon, TLG, Shenmue, FFVIIR, Crackdown, Scalebound, Nier 2, Gears 4, Persona 5, Phantom Dust?, Hellblade, Nioh, etc.

Then there's recently announced stuff like CoD, Battlefield, new AC, new Watch_Dogs, annual stuff. And companies like Bethesda just released Doom and Fallout, maybe they'll show off ES6? Sony could announce TLoU2? Just seems like there's a ton of announced games that we need to learn more about, so I'm not expecting too many surprises this year. The past few years have been all the big bombs, it's time to actually follow through on them

Yeah since I bought a 970, my care factor for consoles has plummeted. Now it's like E3 will often show games that, for me, will be underpowered and unmoddable. I'm glad Microsoft is taking steps to release most everything on PC.

On the other hand, these new consoles will hopefully force devs to push specs which will ultimately benefit the PC version.

I still don't have a lot of faith. The spec improvement that would really push shit forward would be getting CPUs worth half a shit in those consoles. But that affects things that aren't nearly as marketable as the shit a better GPU affects. So until they put a decent CPU in there I'm not holding my breath

It's not even about the games/consoles, my PC can run any current game, I have a Vita/PS4 but I just don't have the time and when I do I'm usually catching up on shows/go to the gym/watch movies so video games just got left out. I'm still playing through UC4 though but for the most part I just don't care.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's not even about the games/consoles, my PC can run any current game, I have a Vita/PS4 but I just don't have the time and when I do I'm usually catching up on shows/go to the gym/watch movies so video games just got left out. I'm still playing through UC4 though but for the most part I just don't care.

Just get a serious girlfriend and you'll like them again.

You'll also want to smoke some brisket and watch Friends reruns. But doesn't that just sound like everyone's personal hell or what?

I couldn't be more excited for this e3. Ms has so much to announce and the XB1 has already hit such a great stride. I can't wait to see more of crack down especially but all the great exclusives that ms has coming up.

Tom Penny

I'm so excited going for Peruvian food tonight for the first time. Anyone ever have it? All I know is I'm getting ceviche and paella at least :)

BigAT

I couldn't be more excited for this e3. Ms has so much to announce and the XB1 has already hit such a great stride. I can't wait to see more of crack down especially but all the great exclusives that ms has coming up.

:tompenny

Oh wait, you were serious.

Hindl

I just need to see Zelda. Everything they've said about it sounds amazing, I just need to see how Nintendo will crush my dreams

I'm just saying you and jdez have never been seen in the same place at the same time.

And I haven't had alcohol since Friday and haven't been "drunk" in like a month. I resent this slander against my person
It's not slander.. It's libel. :)

You need to prove i was making it up or knowingly printed false statements.. (Am I correct Bionic/Lawyer-GAF?) And since I am your snapchat friend.. I think I am correct in my statement calling you Jak 2.0.

Edit- Top of page.. Um Patriots suck..

Top Bottom