• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

bionic77

I think they have a chance if their role players start burying threes at home like they were earlier in the playoffs.

GS is a much, much better perimeter defending team than anyone they've faced in the playoffs so far, so I don't really see it happening.
That 3 parade only happens if GS has 2-3 players in foul trouble or they just decide to play Cavs basketball and not give a fuck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They held a 40 yard dash at Steelers OTA's. The participants: Antonio Brown, Marcus Wheaton, Sammie Coates and Ryan Shazier.

Ckcdk9CWEAA0K2a.jpg

That's my linebacker!

TOCry.jpg

Different positions and all, but fuck I just want the Cox contract to be done with this year. Really want to get it done before the Miller contract. If we wait till next offseason it'll be monstrous
I think that's a pretty fair offer to Von. I don't know the structure of the contract but I'm betting he's pushing for more money guaranteed up front.

Olivier Vernon basically got 40.5 million guaranteed for two years with the Giants. It was reported as 52 million but (as usual) that was bullshit. That last 12 million doesn't become fully guaranteed until he's on the roster for the 2018 season.

If they kick up the guaranteed money into the 41+ range, I have to imagine they would be close (Von and the Broncos I mean).

Different positions and all, but fuck I just want the Cox contract to be done with this year. Really want to get it done before the Miller contract. If we wait till next offseason it'll be monstrous
It'll be monstrous regardless. The Suh/Marcell Dareus and JJ Watt contracts already set the tone for Cox's bargaining position. You aren't escaping guaranteeing Fletcher between 42-50 million dollars. If Howie somehow pulls off significantly less - you all need to give him his due props for being a contract magician.

Hindl

I think that's a pretty fair offer to Von. I don't know the structure of the contract but I'm betting he's pushing for more money guaranteed up front.

Olivier Vernon basically got 40.5 million guaranteed for two years with the Giants. It was reported as 52 million but (as usual) that was bullshit. That last 12 million doesn't become fully guaranteed until he's on the roster for the 2018 season.

If they kick up the guaranteed money into the 41+ range, I have to imagine they would be close (Von and the Broncos I mean).

Oh I know I think it's fair too. Von deserves it, I just want to try to get a Cox contract done now a) before the cap rises even more and contracts start ballooning, and b) because I think switching to the 4-3 is going to cause him to become a household name (he's already known but not really talked about along Watt, Suh, Donald, etc.) and getting him cheaper now would help a lot with our cap.

It'll be monstrous regardless. The Suh and Marcell Dareus contracts already set the tone for Cox's bargaining position. You aren't escaping guaranteeing Fletcher between 42-50 million dollars. If Howie somehow pulls off significantly less - you all need to give him his due props for being a contract magician.

Oh I'm expecting something like $110M, $55-60M guaranteed honestly. And I'd be fine with that. I just think in the next couple years contracts are going to go up way beyond that.

Oh I'm expecting something like $110M, $55-60M guaranteed honestly. And I'd be fine with that. I just think in the next couple years contracts are going to go up way beyond that.
Sure. It's inevitable with the cap rising but I think we are already seeing the ballooning effect. Especially when you add in the cap floor situation. Teams simply have to spend to a certain amount. The Giants offseason is a perfect example. The Jaguars committed a boat load of money to their free agents as well but if you look at the parts and pieces of the contracts - all of that big money is basically being give to the player up front in big signing bonuses.

As mentioned - the Vernon contract is nothing more than a two year deal. It's a 40.5 million dollar commitment but if it isn't causing cap related problems and its off the book in two years anyway? For a roster depleted team? The whole "Insane to commit that much to a player" argument goes right out of the window.

Teams love leaking terms of contract offers when talks break down. Every single year!
Just like agents love leaking/tweeting insane contract numbers that have no basis in reality when their player is signed. Fair game on both sides as far as I'm concerned.

Colasante

#Bengals are finalizing a 3-year, $15.5 million contract extension with running back Giovani Bernard, source said.

I know running backs are devalued now, but that still seems like a pretty good bargain for Gio.

squicken

Funny the Luck numbers being floated around. Earlier in the year I posted in a thread asking if a 10 year deal for $250m was better for the Colts or for Luck. Seems like those might be close to the terms

e: I wonder if Algholor is on the bubble of the roster. He seems to drop 2-3 passes every OTA the media has seen, and had drop issues last year

Malalaw

Just got a call from HR about a customer calling them to say how nice and awesome I am and I'm the best manager they've hired in quite some time. Feels good!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Eh. Love is not why they are losing. You could make an argument that Lebron has missed more defensive assignments than Love. Frye isn't going to make that better by just stepping on the court.

They need to find a way to slow down the Warriors on offense. If they can't play better defense it is over barring a miracle or injury. One way to do that is effort, but they also have to play smarter as well. Considering they are a dumb team that is going to be tough to do.

I'm not putting it all on Love but I mean instead of them putting Love and Kyrie in endless pick and rolls and destroying them they now can only really do it on Kyrie now.

Making it slightly (not by much) better for the Cavs to play defense when they don't have two human sieves on defense and only one.

"Get up, stand up, stand up for your Cleve
Get up, stand up, stand up for your Cleve
Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight"
- a Marley

bionic77

I'm not putting it all on Love but I mean instead of them putting Love and Kyrie in endless pick and rolls and destroying them they now can only really do it on Kyrie now.

Making it slightly (not by much) better for the Cavs to play defense when they don't have two human sieves on defense and only one.
Thats actually not what is happening.

I and most experts assumed that it was going to be Love and Kyrie that were going to be picked apart individually and on mismatches, but really it is a team defense problem for Cleveland. They just don't seem to be able to play good defense for long stretches of time. They can play 4 or 5 possessions where they play good defense and then they fuck up a switch and GS punished them every single time with a wide open 3 or a dunk/layup. Their problem is more effort and being smart. You can always control effort, but can a dumb team get smart just by going home?

We are about to find out...

bionic77

Lightening deal on the DJI Phantom 3 with camera and light bridge for $680.

I really kind of want one but I have no idea where and how often I would actually use this thing.

But if any of you want to get a drone this is supposed to be a good one for video and photos.

Top Bottom