• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Catches up on the day's sports news.

Let's see what's happening in Bronco's land...

OK let's not see what's happening in Bronco's land...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Micheladas look like vomit to me especially when they have all those floaty bits on top. I'll pass.

Corona is widely recognized as the best beer ever.

Also, moving to St. Louis with your bae? Why St. Louis?

Toretto is my spirit animal.

People are fleeing oil and gas like rats off a sinking ship right now. Oil needs to be at least $80 per barrel to make a lot of the economics work for these companies in Houston.

Plus she wants to move closer to family because soon it'll be time for a kid, brisket, friends reruns, and the boring suburbs where life can never be good.

I've heard a lot of negative things about St. Louis proper but we'll end up across the river in St. Charles somewhere so it'll probably be pretty great. Can't wait to have four distinct seasons again and not have to deal with overwhelming traffic. I looked at traffic patterns at 5:30pm on a Friday and chortled....CHORTLED at how bad it wasn't.

Milchjon

Micheladas look like vomit to me especially when they have all those floaty bits on top. I'll pass.

People are fleeing oil and gas like rats off a sinking ship right now. Oil needs to be at least $80 per barrel to make a lot of the economics work for these companies in Houston.

Plus she wants to move closer to family because soon it'll be time for a kid, brisket, friends reruns, and the boring suburbs where life can never be good.

I've heard a lot of negative things about St. Louis proper but we'll end up across the river in St. Charles somewhere so it'll probably be pretty great. Can't wait to have four distinct seasons again and not have to deal with overwhelming traffic. I looked at traffic patterns at 5:30pm on a Friday and chortled....CHORTLED at how bad it wasn't.

Wienku, are you getting married again?

jmdajr

So looks like I'm going to the Copa Americana at NRG Stadium this Monday in Houston.

Last time we went it was the craziest sports event I ever went to. I don't think I have ever seen so many fights break out. Soccer nationalism is CRAZY.

#Pray4Me

BG, things are looking up! Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 out December!

Prosperity!

Woooooo!!!!! I got time to beat the first one

Also Happy National Best Friend Day!!!!!!

P0pOUdr.gif

Engagement rings are way too expensive. Weddings in general are. I hope my wife will be chill with just going to the courthouse for the license, getting cheap rings and then throwing a small wedding party.

Not even bothering with the whole bride/groom/dress/preacher bullshit.

Soon-ish

Need to get a new job up in St. Louis although she's joked about buying the ring and me paying her back so...

Damn, our boy Wienku-San getting hitched again. Time for baby Wienku-kun. Is your bae a Patriots fan, just like all the members of the NFL-GAF wives club?

smh at least I hope she's going for something other than a Diamond ring...

When I was looking for bae's birthday gift, I saw this beautiful ring with blue diamonds and moonstone in it. I'm buying that shit some day. How can it be an engagement ring without diamonds?

Engagement rings are way too expensive. Weddings in general are. I hope my wife will be chill with just going to the courthouse for the license, getting cheap rings and then throwing a small wedding party.

I would want some sort of party, event thing. But some people spending 50-100k on a wedding when they drive a beat-up Honda are ducking idiotic. I understand it's a special day and all, but that's a bad life decision right there. Was watching Say Yes to the Dress with bae (I know smh) and that shit man. 10k+ for a dress, no ma'am.

When I was looking for bae's birthday gift, I saw this beautiful ring with blue diamonds and moonstone in it. I'm buying that shit some day. How can it be an engagement ring without diamonds?

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/02/how-an-ad-campaign-invented-the-diamond-engagement-ring/385376/

There are far more precious (actually) rare gems you can use than a boring (overly expensive) diamond.

Yup, if I ever get married (big if) it'll be like this. I'd rather use the money for a ton of other cool stuff than some stupid party.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Neither of you is scared off now?

Nah, both of us made poor choices for spouses in our previous marriages. Not sure if y'all remember but my ex was 19 when we got married so yeah....

Damn, our boy Wienku-San getting hitched again. Time for baby Wienku-kun. Is your bae a Patriots fan, just like all the members of the NFL-GAF wives club?

I would want some sort of party, event thing. But some people spending 50-100k on a wedding when they drive a beat-up Honda are ducking idiotic. I understand it's a special day and all, but that's a bad life decision right there. Was watching Say Yes to the Dress with bae (I know smh) and that shit man. 10k+ for a dress, no ma'am.

No, she's still NFL agnostic but I'm trying to convert her to a Packers fan. Being from Kentucky, her bread and butter is college basketball....everything else is secondary.

She wants a nice ring but a modest getaway wedding. Like a beach wedding on the gulf coast, nothing crazy. Then a reception (or two maybe...since we have spread out family and friends) when that's done. I think we're both against spending a shit ton of money even though we could technically afford it. And by we I mean she since she makes as much as bionic probably whereas I'll be lucky to make like $60-70k at my next job.

Honestly, expensive weddings are kind of a joke. While I think it's important to celebrate your love for each other and the start of a new life, it seems that many people believe that the better the wedding, the better the marriage. Oh and there's the "keeping up with the Jones's" effect thanks to social media. I just don't know why people want to start their lives out with $50k or more in debt from a wedding. Fuck that.

RBH

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
Children in sandboxes in backyards near the #Browns facility beware: RG3 has thrown 2 away over 16 foot fence into yards. Hit garage today

He threw them away due to the play going to shit.

I'm glad he's doing that, may lead to him doing it in games instead of dangling his precious knee out there to get injured.

Lol throwing the ball away in practice gets the infamous wave now?.....

I didn't know it was in the context of a play breaking down.

Blame squicken for posting an out of context tweet in order to make RG3 and the Browns look bad!

*folds arms and smiles*

bionic77

Honestly that might be good for the Cavs.
Eh. Love is not why they are losing. You could make an argument that Lebron has missed more defensive assignments than Love. Frye isn't going to make that better by just stepping on the court.

They need to find a way to slow down the Warriors on offense. If they can't play better defense it is over barring a miracle or injury. One way to do that is effort, but they also have to play smarter as well. Considering they are a dumb team that is going to be tough to do.

Eh. Love is not why they are losing. You could make an argument that Lebron has missed more defensive assignments than Love. Frye isn't going to make that better by just stepping on the court.

They need to find a way to slow down the Warriors on offense. If they can't play better defense it is over barring a miracle or injury. One way to do that is effort, but they also have to play smarter as well. Considering they are a dumb team that is going to be tough to do.

I think they have a chance if their role players start burying threes at home like they were earlier in the playoffs.

GS is a much, much better perimeter defending team than anyone they've faced in the playoffs so far, so I don't really see it happening.

Top Bottom