• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RBH

Who's going 0-32?

Who?

Who?

Who?

Who?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EAGGGLLLEEEESSSS-GAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFF!!!

DON'T YOU DARE FEEL SOUR!!!

CLAAAP FOR YOUR 2016 NFL DRAFT OFFSEASON CHAMPIONS!!!

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!

I3lnCZS.gif

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY WE GOT MORE DRAFT PICKS!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY WE GOT MORE DRAFT PICKS!!!

LOOK AT IT EAGLES-GAF! LOOK AT THOSE DRAFT PICKS! LOOK AT THEM!!!

LOOK AT THEM!

GlisteningExaltedIriomotecat.gif
lmao

You don't make this trade unless you know who the Rams are taking, which I'm sure they do.

Wrong, there is no 100 percent guarantee another franchise will do what you think they will. They can change their mind at any time for any reason and then you are fucked for years because you were so sure they'd do what you expected them to. You don't throw that many picks at the trade unless you're comfortable with any outcome. All the more because the Rams haven't officially stated who they are taking anyway. There's just hearsay from various sources. That's fine for us fans to say that we're pretty damn sure they are taking Goff but it's not for a GM to consider it gospel and bet their tenure on it.

The Minnesota Vikings are on the clock. They have until 9pm EST.

We take Treadwell obviously.

He is the most skilled WR in the draft and he is dominating in the short and medium range passing game. Speed is overrated at WR.

I did a write up earlier in the thread. The fact that Doctson went first in this mock is pretty funny, the Vikes will gladly take Treadwell and would probably not have expected him to still be on the board. Teddy needs a guy who can contest for balls opposite Diggs.

Oh and he can block really really well. Perfect.

Unlikely on draft day though. He's going to be much more valued in real life.

Pepiope

No, you don't make this trade unless you're fine with either Wentz or Goff. Because frankly, if you're 100% sold on getting Wentz at #2, then the Rams will take him and ask for your 2018 1st rounder (if you still have one that far out) to get him. Otherwise you settle for Goff.
I've heard this a few times, and it makes no sense..

You guys buy that chocolate/vanilla bullshit? Roseman knows the QB he's taking #2 OVR.

If the Rams feel they have their guy. Why the hell would they screw themselves over by taking our guy? You don't think there's a shit ton of risk in that move for the Rams?

The Rams want to fuck us over so badly, they're willing to fuck themselves?
Wrong, there is no 100 percent guarantee another franchise will do what you think they will. They can change their mind at any time for any reason and then you are fucked for years because you were so sure they'd do what you expected them to. You don't throw that many picks at the trade unless you're comfortable with any outcome. All the more because the Rams haven't officially stated who they are taking anyway. There's just hearsay from various sources. That's fine for us fans to say that we're pretty damn sure they are taking Goff but it's not for a GM to consider it gospel and bet their tenure on it.
Again, you think the Eagles and Browns make this move without figuring out who the Rams want? No way in hell this deal happens if they don't know who the #1 pick is. We may not know, but the Rams, Browns, and Eagles do.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford finds a groove with Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter

ALLEN PARK -- Matthew Stafford wasn't that great in 2014. He was downright awful in the first half of 2015.

He clearly wasn't thriving under coordinator Joe Lombardi.

Then Lombardi was fired. Jim Bob Cooter took over, and suddenly, Stafford put together the greatest eight-game stretch in Detroit Lions history.

What did Stafford learn during that second-half stretch?

"The biggest thing for me was knowing that if you really like what you're running, and stuff like that, you can be really successful," Stafford said after working out with teammates on Tuesday. "If you have a great relationship with the guys around you, and the guy calling the plays, you can be really successful. And guys bought in."

Stafford has never said anything disparaging about Lombardi, though it is widely known around Allen Park the two never really had a rhythm, particularly in their final days together. So his words, carefully chosen as they might be, are telling.

It's apparent there's something between Stafford and Cooter.

"If I like something, I tell him," Stafford said. "And if I don't, he knows it, and it's easy to go from there."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss..._jim_bob_coote.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Stafford is going to be running the playcalling more than he ever has. I think we'll command of the offense and putting points like Manning did with the Colts in his prime.

Bread

Banned
24 hours from now I will drop my title of honorary San diegan and officially be a Charger!!! Can't wait to walk off the plane and see Chris holding a sign to pick me up and be my personal chauffeur!

effzee

Gaf laughs, but a FO did offer a 1st round pick got Bradford. A FO offered a first for Trent Richardson. A FO drafted Manziel. A FO drafted Marcus Smith in the first round.

I don't think anyone is trading for Bradford. And certainly not for a 1st but I wouldn't be shocked if a QB desperate team doesn't try to talk to the Eagles and offers them a pick as high as the 2nd round.

With that said Eagles won't be trading Sam. They already paid him 11m which they can't get back.

Though I am not sure how they can afford him:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/

11 million in cap space right now

pay him baalke you dumb motherfucker. what else are we going to do with all of this money? as i said yesterday, there is literally NO ONE on this team that is going to cause us cap problems now or in the future. we have a bunch of guys making jack shit. the only significant contract is kap and he is basically on a year to year deal (and may be gone by the end of the draft anyways).

we need help at CB and we have more money to spend than anyone. what is the point of getting all this cap space if we aren't going to use it to improve the team?

Pepiope

Gaf laughs, but a FO did offer a 1st round pick got Bradford. A FO offered a first for Trent Richardson. A FO drafted Manziel. A FO drafted Marcus Smith in the first round.

I don't think anyone is trading for Bradford. And certainly not for a 1st but I wouldn't be shocked if a QB desperate team doesn't try to talk to the Eagles and offers them a pick as high as the 2nd round.

With that said Eagles won't be trading Sam. They already paid him 11m which they can't get back.
I'm sure the Eagles don't want to trade Sam, but what happens if Sam doesn't want to be here? I'd be pissed if you tell me that I'm your franchise guy and then you go out and trade for one.

I really hope he stays, I would love to see a pissed off Sam Bradford shredding defenses.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think the Bengals go wr, too. They have AJ Green and then nothing. Either Will Fuller or Corey Coleman. As a Steeler fan, Coleman scares the shit out of me, so I say Fuller.

Benjamin Allbright ‏ @ AllbrightNFL
Joey Bosa gonna go later than a lot of people think.

Coming to our Steelers!

Drakeon

pay him baalke you dumb motherfucker. what else are we going to do with all of this money? as i said yesterday, there is literally NO ONE on this team that is going to cause us cap problems now or in the future. we have a bunch of guys making jack shit. the only significant contract is kap and he is basically on a year to year deal (and may be gone by the end of the draft anyways).

we need help at CB and we have more money to spend than anyone. what is the point of getting all this cap space if we aren't going to use it to improve the team?

I'm shocked were even in the running. Although I heard Norman liked the idea of playing in California? Were the only California team interested to my knowledge.

I'm fine overpaying him, because like you said, we have 50 million in cap room we aren't using.

I'm sure the Eagles don't want to trade Sam, but what happens if Sam doesn't want to be here? I'd be pissed if you tell me that I'm your franchise guy and then you go out and trade for one.

I really hope he stays, I would love to see a pissed off Sam Bradford shredding defenses.
:jnc :kas

MechDX

Leigh Steinberg ‏@leighsteinberg 17m17 minutes ago
#NFLDraft Hope public knows that Todd McShay,self-proclaimed draft guru never played,coached,scouted in college or NFL.@ESPN @PaxtonLynch

Damn. Shots fired!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Josh Norman’s deal, when complete, expected be between $14 to $15 MIL per year, per sources. 5-year deals being discussed with Wash and SF.

Guaranteed needs to be under $20 mill max. Still feel he is overpaid at that price.

Panthers play the Washington NFL Franchise and the Niners this year.

Kelvin Benjamin on Josh Norman would be an interesting matchup.

I think Norman would win.

As for the numbers, it seems pretty counter-intuitive for a 28 going on 29 year old cornerback with one great year as a starter and like 5 great games as a backup to take the yearly pay susceptible to injury or poor play over the guaranteed money up front. But if he's really caught up in the "Elite CB Money" thing, not really surprising.

Again, you think the Eagles and Browns make this move without figuring out who the Rams want? No way in hell this deal happens if they don't know who the #1 pick is. We may not know, but the Rams, Browns, and Eagles do.

Sure, everyone knew that those two guys would be gone before the Rams picked so they traded up. At this point, everyone knows the Rams are taking one of the two QBs and it's unlikely for the other to fall to Philly especially with CLE picking next. The Eagles make it well worth the Brown's while to give up on either of those guys in this draft, they can always get their guy in the next one or maybe they like Lynch nearly as much. The Rams haven't signed a contract holding them to picking who they think they want now, do you really jeopardize your franchise's future and your own job based on what another franchise claims? Hell no.

Top Bottom