• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pepiope

Sure, everyone knew that those two guys would be gone before the Rams picked so they traded up. At this point, everyone knows the Rams are taking one of the two QBs and it's unlikely for the other to fall to Philly especially with CLE picking next. The Eagles make it well worth the Brown's while to give up on either of those guys in this draft, they can always get their guy in the next one or maybe they like Lynch nearly as much. The Rams haven't signed a contract holding them to picking who they think they want now, do you really jeopardize your franchise's future and your own job based on what another franchise claims? Hell no.
The Rams don't make a trade for the #1 pick if they aren't sure who they want. The Eagles don't make a trade for the #2 pick if they don't know who the Rams want.

The Eagles can't leap frog the Rams, so what does it hurt the Rams to let the Eagles know who they're picking?

Look at the answers from Howie's interview

DO THE EAGLES KNOW WHO THE RAMS ARE TAKING?

"No."

ARE THE EAGLES SURE THEY'LL GET WHO THEY WANT?

"We're very sure we're going to get the player we want."

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...e-browns-quarterback-philadelphia-second-pick

They know who the Rams are taking, they're just keeping quiet. You don't make a move and trade future picks for vanilla or chocolate. You know you want vanilla and you know the other guy wants chocolate.

The Rams aren't going to burn a bridge just the screw the Eagles over, they have no reason to do so. I know we fleeced those fucks for Sam Bradford, but still.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Leonard Floyd literally has jumped from out of no where to being a top 10 draft pick.

He's been the top olb prospect in every mock or ranking I've seen. Don't know if that makes him a top 10 guy, but it's certainly not out of nowhere.

Thoughts on the Steelers pick. Obvious choices include:

Shaq Lawson
Noah Spence
Darron Lee
Eli Apple
Artie Burns
Mackensie Alexander
Karl Joseph
Lee feels like a little too much of a project. I'd love him behind Harrison for a year, but not in a year where I think we are a rusher and CB away from a title run.

I think Apple would be the popular choice, but if Lawson is really still on the board, I think we take him. And then wouldn't be surprised if we try and trade up in 2nd round for either a CB or Joseph.

MechDX

Lee feels like a little too much of a project. I'd love him behind Harrison for a year, but not in a year where I think we are a rusher and CB away from a title run.

I think Apple would be the popular choice, but if Lawson is really still on the board, I think we take him. And then wouldn't be surprised if we try and trade up in 2nd round for either a CB or Joseph.

Know it doesnt mean shit but every time I run a mock draft at first-pick.com the Steelers try to trade up to pick 22 and draft a NT. Just an odd observation

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I think if they draft Lee, it's to take Timmons' spot in the future. Guy's basically a clone of Shazier. Doesn't have the size to play ROLB, but maybe on the left. But having Shazier and Lee would be fucking ridiculous. Hold on a second....day dreaming.

Still dreaming.

Dreaming.

And done.

RBH

This one kills me

Saving for later use

More potential gifs:

kCA2hZWP.gif

3mXX0sTm.gif

5Nfaga2l.gif

T748MLNF.gif

CIhJpHuh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKXBV41LCw

I think if they draft Lee, it's to take Timmons' spot in the future. Guy's basically a clone of Shazier. Doesn't have the size to play ROLB, but maybe on the left. But having Shazier and Lee would be fucking ridiculous. Hold on a second....day dreaming.

Still dreaming.

Dreaming.

And done.
Would be awesome, but if it's BPA then I'll wager Lawson is above Lee on our board.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Louis Riddick's mock

Cgl53wJUoAAr4zL.jpg

Has Tunsil as the 3rd OT taken?

Seems like WJ3 is the top consensus pick for Raiders now. I'd rather trade down.

Packers aren't taking the fourth of anything in the first round. Hard to believe that's actually the BPA.

Sometimes these mocks get kinda lazy in the late 20s.

Pepiope

Pep is in full EDP break down mode
No. I'm fine with the Eagles and their plan to move on from Bradford. I was really hoping he worked out here, and there's still a chance he does, but the clock is ticking and we're about to draft a QB. It was fun while it lasted.

Realistically, if Sam wants out, we should move him for whatever we can get. Which...should be a high pick, he is a QB in his prime, and he was relatively healthy last year. Would love to watch him succeed in Denver, just depends on what they're willing to give up.

Still dreaming.

Dreaming.

And done.
So It's okay Cleveland gets Raekwon next year... Pls?

Still dreaming.

Dreaming.

And done.
Take it back.

MechDX

Quick and dirty mock Texans draft:

Your score is: 8009 (GRADE: C+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30 (CAR): Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 24 (CINN): Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi State (B-)
Round 2 Pick 31 (CAR): Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 3 Pick 22: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 24 (CINN): Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri (B-)
Round 4 Pick 21: T.J. Green, FS, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20: Glenn Gronkowski, FB, Kansas State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 27: DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS, William & Mary (B+)
Round 6 Pick 20: Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska (C+)

Your Future Picks:
2017 Round 1 Pick
2018 Round 1 Pick

I could live with it. EDIT: Just realized Carolina hooked me up with two great players for pick #22!

The Rams don't make a trade for the #1 pick if they aren't sure who they want. The Eagles don't make a trade for the #2 pick if they don't know who the Rams want.

The Eagles can't leap frog the Rams, so what does it hurt the Rams to let the Eagles know who they're picking?

Look at the answers from Howie's interview

They know who the Rams are taking, they're just keeping quiet. You don't make a move and trade future picks for vanilla or chocolate. You know you want vanilla and you know the other guy wants chocolate.

The Rams aren't going to burn a bridge just the screw the Eagles over, they have no reason to do so. I know we fleeced those fucks for Sam Bradford, but still.

No. I'm fine with the Eagles and their plan to move on from Bradford. I was really hoping he worked out here, and there's still a chance he does, but the clock is ticking and we're about to draft a QB. It was fun while it lasted.

Realistically, if Sam wants out, we should move him for whatever we can get. Which...should be a high pick, he is a QB in his prime, and he was relatively healthy last year. Would love to watch him succeed in Denver, just depends on what they're willing to give up.

tumblr_ndeyxdLfjZ1rey868o1_500.gif

Pepiope

What's so outrageous about that? The Browns offered a 1st last year, and a QB needy team could do the same again. QBs are overvalued in the NFL, just look at the two trades that just occurred for the #1 and #2 OVR picks.

There aren't that many good QBs out there, so Bradford is definitely going to cost a high pick. I'm willing to bet this.

No way Bradford is traded for a single 3rd or 4th round pick.

What's so outrageous about that? The Browns offered a 1st last year, and a QB needy team could do the same again. QBs are overvalued in the NFL, just look at the two trades that just occurred for the #1 and #2 OVR picks.

There aren't that many good QBs out there, so Bradford is definitely going to cost a high pick. I'm willing to bet this.

Why did nobody make an offer when he was a free agent?

because literally ANY team could have had bradford FOR FREE (in regards to non-contract compensation) this offseason and no one really wanted him. why would a team not have gone after him 2 months ago (without having to give up a draft pick) vs. going after him now and having to give up, as YOU put it, a high pick.

i would take kap ALL DAY over bradford (and i dont think kap is a good QB at this point) and kap is worth about a 3rd or 4th per the market. i promise you that no one in the NFL is going to give the eagles a pick for bradford unless its maybe a 6th or 7th rounder

Free agency opened March 9th

Bradford signed March 1st

That's a pretty good justification.

oh wow i didn't realize this! so because FA opened march 9th, surely other NFL teams didn't put feelers out or contact bradfords agent on them being interested and at a possible price. this doesn't happen in the NFL. every team obeys the tampering rules . march 9th is march 9th!

for sure! if only bradford had waited for FA to start he could've gotten a massive contract from any NUMBER of teams! if only there were some way he could've known the interest!

god
damn
you NFL TAMPERING RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, Chris, you did the oath! You're here forever and ever~

Congratulations, Trejo. Welcome to the land of booty.

Thanks friends! Speaking of booty...there was some really nice booty at the oath ceremony too, glad to know other countries are donating their booty to us.

Congrats

Now you should be locked up for being a Cowboys fan

Join us by the pool friend....water feels great

Free agency opened March 9th

Bradford signed March 1st

That's a pretty good justification.

From March 1:

Bradford's short-term contract indicates there wasn't going to be a lot of interest for him on the open market. This suggests the NFL isn't putting much stock in Bradford's overstated final seven game stretch of the 2015 season. It also shows the Eagles don't believe in him as their long-term answer.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/3/1/11142338/sam-bradford-philadelphia-eagles-contract-details-quarterback-million-years

rando14

Congrats Chris!!

oh wow i didn't realize this! so because FA opened march 9th, surely other NFL teams didn't put feelers out or contact bradfords agent on them being interested and at a possible price. this doesn't happen in the NFL. every team obeys the tampering rules . march 9th is march 9th!

for sure! if only bradford had waited for FA to start he could've gotten a massive contract from any NUMBER of teams! if only there were some way he could've known the interest!

god
damn

yo lol

Pepiope

god
damn
Obviously teams knew 2 months ago how the draft and free agency were going to shake out. Things change. He's not being dealt for a 6th or 7th round pick.
You just said no one was interested in him, and then you're following that up by posting speculation? You're passing off an opinion as fact when it's not. We do not know what teams were interested in Sam Bradford as he signed with the Eagles before FA began. People can say whatever they want.

Congrats Chris. What all did you have to go through to get citizenship?

Not much, just pay the fee ($680) and pass a background check/interview. I've been a permanante resident for like 20+ years so I qualified easily.

Congrats on the citizenship Chris! Too bad your first post as a US Citizen had to be about Tony Romo.

Congrats Chris!!

yo lol

Congrats!

Thanks friends and Happy Tony Romo Day!

Congrats. Now you can walk by MRSA and say "go back to your country"

:jnc

Speaking of which....when do I get my trump stickers?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Not much, just pay the fee ($680) and pass a background check/interview. I've been a permanante resident for like 20+ years so I qualified easily.

Thanks friends and Happy Tony Romo Day!

:jnc

Speaking of which....when do I get my trump stickers?

Happy *whateveryoucallit* day

Thoughts on the Steelers pick. Obvious choices include:

Shaq Lawson
Noah Spence
Darron Lee
Eli Apple
Artie Burns
Mackensie Alexander
Karl Joseph

Of those picks

Scratch Spence - not happening

Shaq - based on what i've seen either he's taken to get stood up or not at all.
Lee - kinda small. I think Jarvis' lack of athleticism will ring through here.

I would say either Apple or Joseph, though i'm not enthused at how small Joseph is. First round talent, 3rd round body.

Top Bottom