• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
umm hmm

I love the idea that somehow STL won the trade. They had to watch Nick Foles play QB so long that they hitched their wagon to Case Keenum in the last quarter of the season.

The Eagles season was a failure, but that has everything to do with the dysfunction in the FO. Eagles beat guys are pretty adamant that Bradford won't be traded. Lurie isn't going to pay Bradford $11m and then trade him. And he thinks he can win a weak NFCE. I personally think WAS is going to be really good this year since they have the best talent elevator in the division

Wait, you're buying that too?

Why would Bradford sign a two-year deal before free agency if there was even a sniff of a long term contract with another team?

Unless his agent is an idiot, it makes no sense. It seems to me that the agent was more afraid of teams turning up their noses at Bradford in the free market and lowering his value.

SEE: Ryan Fitzpatrick

Pepiope

tony-romo-fletcher-cox-jordan-hicks-623f6d5412dde6a4.jpg

To think neither of those guys would be on our team if Chip trades up for MM :(

Would take Romo over Bradford any day of the week. Yes Romo has bones the density of paper mache, but when he's not hurt he is good. Can't say the same for Bradford who's bones are slightly less fragile.

cdyhybrid

Going to run to the market down the street to get some snacks and a beer. I'll do my write-up when I get back unless someone objects to Chris Jones before then.

Milchjon

Chris, you're studying like this thing where you look up, right

How fast can visible clouds go

Edit: Also, friend, Boston Beer is hurting :-(

squicken

Wait, you're buying that too?

Why would Bradford sign a two-year deal before free agency if there was even a sniff of a long term contract with another team?

Unless his agent is an idiot, it makes no sense. It seems to me that the agent was more afraid of teams turning up their noses at Bradford in the free market and lowering his value.

SEE: Ryan Fitzpatrick

I mean who knows. Bradford said he told his agent to get it done after talking to Howie and Doug. That would explain his reaction to the trade. If they told him he was their guy, and he told his agent to get a deal done, only for the team to turn around and make him a lame duck, then he would obviously be pissed

On testing the free agent market: "That wasn't in my thoughts. I never talked to my agent about that. I wanted to come back here.''

On waiting for the deal: "Took time to get away and relax, went back home, hung out with friends. I had conversation with some people here before I left and I was confident I would be back.''

On his teammates: "I built great relationship with those guys in the locker room. That's who I want to go on the field with, I told my agent just that.''

By the second half of the year he was the leader of the offense. For whatever you guys think of him, his teammates universally respected him. It's one of the reasons they cratered in the Sanchez games

He's hosted Ertz and Matthews at his home in the offseason. These are guys playing a bloodsport. There's more to it than money.

As far as the trade, objectively. There's no position like QB in all of sports. Every rule goes out the window. Howie did what was best for the team, I think. Lots of teams are going to need QBs in the next few years. Eli, Romo, Rivers, Ben, Palmer and Brady are all old. Chicago will move on from Cutler. Cleveland will always be in the top 5 potentially taking QBs. SF needs a QB. So do the Jets. There's just not enough inventory in the coming years, and Howie did what he had to do

cdyhybrid

The Seattle Seahawks trade down trade their first round pick for Desean Jackson select Chris Jones - DT from Mississippi State (6'6", 310lbs).

While Pete Carroll and John Schneider head one of the more unpredictable front offices in the league, their selections nonetheless frequently share certain characteristics:

1) Athleticism. Chris Jones put out good times on both the 20-yard shuttle and the 3-cone-drill, showcasing an exceptional ability to change directions and explode off the blocks. He also improved his vertical by 5 inches between the Combine and his Pro Day.

2) Physical gifts. Jones has rare length with 35" arms and 11" hand size. We all know hand size is the most important measurement in the NFL, and Jones has that in spades. Jones is absolutely massive already and is still growing into his frame.

3) Versatility. Pete absolutely loves versatile defensive linemen, as we saw with how he used Red Bryant and uses Michael Bennett. Jones can play either inside spot in a 4-3 and can even move outside like a 3-4 DE if Pete wants to use him like Red.

All this combined with the loss of rock-solid Brandon Mebane to free agency make Jones the choice. Some teams reportedly question his personality, claiming he seems aloof or "not serious enough", but Jones will be stepping into a veteran defense that prides itself on outworking and intimidating their opponents every week - I can't see the LOB letting Jones get lazy or complacent.

MRSA

Banned
What's your guys take on taking out student loans to pay off credit card debt? I would be saving money interest wise, but I guess the downside is I can't file bankruptcy against student loans.

Chris, you're studying like this thing where you look up, right

How fast can visible clouds go

Edit: Also, friend, Boston Beer is hurting :-(

Visible clouds? Well I mean the fastest storms in the solar system are in Neptune and they go about 1,500 MPH....

What's your guys take on taking out student loans to pay off credit card debt? I would be saving money interest wise, but I guess the downside is I can't file bankruptcy against student loans.

Unless you were planning on filing bankruptcy I don't see how that's a down side?

Afternoon flight, get in at 930. Saturday is going to be crazy, I have like 5 apartments to look at.

It's gonna work out just fine. Just imagine that first Corona in the San Diego sunshine, gonna be so good, friend.

I'll work on convincing bae to move to San Diego. So at least 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms pls

Fuck you Floyd. Brisket is the best. I need to smoke one soon.
That's how an American is in "Tabby Virus's" eyes.

Chris needs to do those things to complete the stereotype.

Condolences, Chris
What MRSA said.. Eisenhower.

Some rumors / murmuring going around that somebody failed a combine piss test and that someone is Joey Bosa. Honestly wouldn't surprise me knowing a few people that know him.
I heard that too.

Good morning friends
Good morning Dutch. Good morning everyone.

Bread

Banned
It's gonna work out just fine. Just imagine that first Corona in the San Diego sunshine, gonna be so good, friend.

I'll work on convincing bae to move to San Diego. So at least 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms pls

thank you friend! sadly i will have to leave #TeamCorona in San diego, there are too many better options out there!

Top Bottom