• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Milchjon

I'm gonna vote for Trump, then burn my passport.

You people and your "justice" system deserve him.

Poor Artist Formerly Known As Trejo

Only got like a few months as an American before they'll throw him behind Trump's wall again

Tragic, really. But I guess that's the way America does things now

Not answering my question

I see how it is

You are a bad person, and unlike Tom, you do not make up for it by being the greatest player the NFL has ever seen.
Science calls us to be skeptical of otherwise concrete assertions, to be willing to put the hypothesis of the masses to the test without bias or preconceived conclusions. As surely as the earth may not actually be round(1), I hereby declare that there is at least a 16.789% chance(2) that Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. knowingly deflated or had someone deflate some balls(3).

Let us all take a moment to recognize and appreciate this rare but wonderful convergence of science and ultimate justice.

Sources:

(1)
(2)
(3)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
JUSTICE!

BvS_thumb_565fd9dccda8f0.51119944.jpg

LEAGUE!

Poor Artist Formerly Known As Trejo

Only got like a few months as an American before they'll throw him behind Trump's wall again

Tragic, really. But I guess that's the way America does things now

If we win the east then I'll gladly move to Mexico again...but I doubt we will....so please make room for me in Germany :(

effzee

Brady ha. Wow.

Eagles continue to puzzle me. Wentz has bust written all over him...

Even if he isn't a bust, signing Bradford and Chase made no sense.

Howie and the Eagles basically didn't know if they would be able to move up from 13 to 2 or if they would like Wentz as much as they apparently do now.

So they signed Bradford and Chase. Then they got a trade done with Miami to move from 13 to 8. All of sudden they like one of the QBs and the move from 8 to 2 is far more feasible.

I don't think they thought they could or would move from 13 to 2 when they signed Bradford.

Now they created this mess even though Bradford is being a drama queen if this is true.

effzee

The point is that the team has a bunch of holes and rather then use the draft to strengthen the roster, they traded a bunch of picks for another QB. Bradford resigned before free agency even started because the eagles told him he was the qb they wanted to build around. The flat out lied to him.

I mean, I get that and all but so what? In a league where no contract is guaranteed and neither is a roster spot - boo hoo? Furthermore, a two year contract isn't a sign of "you're the QB we want to build around!". It's a stop gap contract at best. Bradford had to know that. It's not like the Eagles wrapped him up for five years. I think it was disingenuous of the Eagles to sign him as a "just in case" but its just as disingenuous for Bradford to throw a tantrum after signing a two year deal that amounts to "prove it". Which for all intents and purposes, it seems like he'll have every opportunity to do so even when the Eagles select Wentz.

Agree with both. While a 2 year deal is no indication of long term commitment, why sign Bradford and Chase and then mortgage this year's and next year's draft for a future QB?

You either go into rebuild mode or don't. Forget Bradford for a second, there are some vets on this team who if they are rebuilding would have probably liked to have been traded or released so they could finish their careers on a competitive team.

Howie tried to have it all. A team that could push for the division this season and a possible Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings type of understudy.

All blowing up in their faces. Still why would Sam ever get offended by this? And now he knows he won't be traded knowing how much they already paid him as per his new deal.

Somewhere Chip has to be laughing his ass off. Good going Howie.

TheFatOne

The suspension isn't all bad. Brady will be fired up this season which is good, the division is still lol, and you have a chance to see what you have at qb. I want to see if JAG can actually play or not. 4 games isn't enough of course, but will give you some indication moving forward. Brady isn't getting any younger, and finding a replacement is going to be damn hard.

Hindl

Even if he isn't a bust, signing Bradford and Chase made no sense.

Howie and the Eagles basically didn't know if they would be able to move up from 13 to 2 or if they would like Wentz as much as they apparently do now.

So they signed Bradford and Chase. Then they got a trade done with Miami to move from 13 to 8. All of sudden they like one of the QBs and the move from 8 to 2 is far more feasible.

I don't think they thought they could or would move from 13 to 2 when they signed Bradford.

Now they created this mess even though Bradford is being a drama queen if this is true.

I feel like this is most likely. Howie and Doug likely wanted to give Bradford a chance to prove himself, while planning on taking a late round QB to develop. They got to 8 to draft an elite player. But then they did interviews and visited pro days and fell in love with Wentz, and figured moving up to 2 wouldn't cost that much. And now we're in this terrible situation. But, on the bright side, this allows Doug and Howie to build the team to their exact vision. We won't have to wonder if there's anything holding them back, or if they only had a franchise QB. They got their guy, and if it blows up, then they'll be (hopefully) held fully accountable

squicken

Good for Sam. They clearly lied to him in the FA process. Not sure why people reflexively take management's side all the time on these things

Top Bottom