• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Milchjon

I will boycott America and its products now

I will now put the "u" back in Harbour to voice my total disapproval

Oder ich schreibe nur noch Deutsch

JABEE

Good for Sam. They clearly lied to him in the FA process. Not sure why people reflexively take management's side all the time on these things

They signed him to a 1 year deal with a team option.

Bradford will start this season.

Now he wants to be traded.

cdyhybrid

I don't think Bradford is out of line asking for a trade, but he had to know this was a possibility when he signed such a short deal.

Line_HTX

Seriously fuck Sam Bradford. He's done absolutely nothing in his career to even justify being an unquestioned starting QB in this league. The idea that not only should he be guaranteed to start but that the organization shouldn't even invest in finding a QB for the future is so fucking laughable.

Pretty much this.

Duxxy3

Well it is what it is.

Garoppollo is the starter for now.

I can guarantee we are taking a running back in the second round now.

effzee

Patriots should trade their 2nd round pick to the Eagles for Sam.

Strong starter for 4 games.

Eagles could have passed on bringing him back and used that money elsewhere. But nope.

Duxxy3

The downside for non-pats fans from today's news is that there will almost certainly be a lockout when the current CBA expires.

MechDX

Feeno ‏@ArianFoster 2m2 minutes ago
THIS FUCKIN JUDICIAL SYSTEM IS A JOKE.

Feeno ‏@ArianFoster 41s42 seconds ago
it's all about lawyers fees. every blood sucking lawyer, judge and whoever else involved is just after money.

Feeno ‏@ArianFoster 24s25 seconds ago
truth takes a backseat to a paycheck on our courts.

Feeno ‏@ArianFoster 19s20 seconds ago
no such thing as truth when there's money involved. fuckin people make me sick.

Arian already trying to endear himself to the Patriots front office and fans

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The downside for non-pats fans from today's news is that there will almost certainly be a lockout when the current CBA expires.

Depends on how Goddell uses suspensions going forward. No player is going to give a shit in 4 seasons considering many careers start and end in 4 seasons.

cdyhybrid

I wish bionic were here to celebrate with us today. I'm sure he's smiling down from the big purse store in the sky right now.

I'm happy for my friend JABEE. He was willing to stand up for the truth when it seemed like the courts refused to listen.

eW07Iww.gif

:D

Bread

Banned
Nice!! We must go to a Chargers game (at the new stadium of course)

Did you decide on the 14th floor Corner office or the Penthouse office, I can understand if you don't want that out of modesty though
I took the corner office but demanded chargers season tickets. I'm a man of simple pleasures.

Bread, how's your pool coming along and when can your trusted German poolboy milch report for well-paid duty?
They just broke ground, should only take a month!

Spinluck

This might actually be a blessing in disguise for the Pats.

Get to see a preview of a Bradyless future, and see where they need work on first.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Do you think this actually had anything at all to do with Brady at this point?

You certainly do. If this case were about James Harrison, you wouldn't give two shits. Don't even try to lie about that.

If the players wanted Goodell to have less power, they should have done something during the last work stoppage. B..b..but Brady got suspended, now we'll see some action!

I'm all for nerfing the power of the commissioner. I liked that the Steelers didn't sign the cba. Meanwhile, Kraft and Roger were hugging it out like they solved world hunger.

MechDX

Everything is coming out great for Bread!

Coincidence he came out as a Russell Believer and all this happens? I think not

effzee

Good for Sam. They clearly lied to him in the FA process. Not sure why people reflexively take management's side all the time on these things

They signed him to a 1 year deal with a team option.

Bradford will start this season.

Now he wants to be traded.

So here is why I think Sam is right even though he has no real reason to complain.

Sure they gave him a 1 year prove it deal essentially, BUT that was under the assumption that if he did well and beyond expectations he would have the chance to get a long term deal and be the franchise QB.

Moving up to #2, giving up what they did, there is no way Bradford is the QB in 2017 no matter what happens. One way or another they would need to see what Wentz can do. So lets say Bradford plays out of his mind and has a MVP caliber season.

What do the Eagles do? Sign him to a long term deal? Then what happens to Wentz? No one would trade for him for as much as the Eagles already gave up. Plus he would be ok a rookie deal and Sam would be asking for astronomical money.

I feel like with this trade up, to Sam and his people its a clear sign they only want him for this season no matter what happens. I can see from his point of view if he was the under impression sure its a prove it deal but after I prove it, I'll get a chance to be THE guy.

MechDX

John Clayton said on ESPN radio that people connected with the rams are telling him that Wentz will be the pick.

Smokescreen.jpg

No chance. Its always been Goff. he is more ready to start than Wentz. Not to mention the PR to sell PSL's at that new stadium.

"look at this ginger kid from North Dakota and buy PSL's!"

"Goff is a California native! Follow him for seasons to come! Buy PSL's"

Top Bottom