• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

I know the answer will be "Because he's emboldened them" but I dunno why New Balance would even say anything and not subscribe to MJ's "They buy Jordans too" line.

Line_HTX

No wonder Jay Cutler while he was injured always looked like he didn't care about anything one bit on the sidelines, just had a face that was like I'm gettin mah money's worth. Hoyer can take care of all the play while I stand here.

Fucking cretin.

MechDX

Hard to find anything about this year but from 2012:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...avor-republicans-three-to-one/article/2509575

Chief among the Romney supporters is Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross who has donated $100,000 to the pro-Romney super PAC, Restore Our Future, $20,800 to the Republican National Committee, $5,000 to Romney’s Free and Strong America PAC and $2,500 to Mitt Romney.

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson has donated $58,200 to the Republican National Committee this year, $2,500 to Mitt Romney and $5,000 to Romney’s Free and Strong America PAC. Johnson is one of the Romney campaign’s finance co-chairs.

Members of the Bidwell family, owners of the Arizona Cardinals, have donated over $154,000 to the Republican National Committee and $4,500 to Romney.

Other NFL owners donating to Romney include the Kansas City Chiefs co-owner Clark Hunt, Cincinnati Bengals’ Mike Brown, Cleveland Browns’ Jimmy Haslam III, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, Houston Texans owner Robert McNair, Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan, and San Diego Chargers owner Alexander Spanos, and Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder.

Chief among the Obama supporting owners is Dan Rooney, who has donated $35,000 for the president’s re-election campaign. Rooney campaigned and donated extensively to Obama during the 2008 campaign and was appointed as Ambassador of Ireland. A Bears fan, the president publicly supported the Steelers that last time they went to the Super Bowl.

This one is confusing:

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has donated $5,000 to Obama for his re-election and $12,900 to the Democratic National Committee. (The president of the Patriots, Kraft's son Jonathan, however hosted a Romney/Ryan fundraiser in September.)

Other NFL owners who have historically donated to Democratic candidates such as Arthur Blank of the Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens’ Stephen Bisciotti, Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie have yet to do so as of the last reporting period.

So basically you choose from the Steelers, Eagles, Falcons and Ravens

DMczaf

Breadstream Enterprises would like to announce that we have bought the exclusive broadcasting rights to X-ARM Extreme arm wrestling

MechDX

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44820878

Of the top five most generous NFL franchises, four tilted heavily toward the GOP. The most politically active team in the league, the Houston Texans, was responsible for a total of $293,100 since January of 2009. Of that, $287,300, or 98 percent, went to Republicans. That's because of one man—team owner and energy executive Robert McNair. McNair has given $215,200 of his estimated $1.4 billion net worth to political causes since January 2009, almost entirely to Republicans.

The second highest donating team was the San Diego Chargers, where people affiliated with the teams forked over $171,523, with 79 percent of that going to Republicans.

Welp....Ive always liked black and gold. Sure hope Ben gets healthy for a long playoff run!

Hindl

I know the answer will be "Because he's emboldened them" but I dunno why New Balance would even say anything and not subscribe to MJ's "They buy Jordans too" line.

Especially because they're in the liberal bastion of Boston. Hell, I see their new facility two blocks away from my house. A lot of people are disgusted with them. But maybe most of their clientele are rural or something

Line_HTX

38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif
38EfMh8.gif

bionic77

At least the NBA seems to generally have their head screwed on straight.
Because they have to.

The league is run by black men. Look at the power free agents have there. You can't be a racist or a shithead and expect to survive in that environment.

NFL is authoritarian and an old boys club.

Looking at the Rooneys view on politics won't be surprised if the league takes away our team the way thing are going.

cdyhybrid

Because they have to.

The league is run by black men. Look at the power free agents have there. You can't be a racist or a shithead and expect to survive in that environment.

NFL is authoritarian and an old boys club.

Looking at the Rooneys view on politics won't be surprised if the league takes away our team the way thing are going.
Of course they have to. If that's what it takes to make it happen, so be it. If society wants things to change they need to make it unattractive to keep things the way they are.

I'm just happy that the election is over and things just go back to normal.
Except if you aren't a white man things won't go back to normal.

Dolphins owner on Trump:

Long before Stephen Ross was the owner of the Dolphins, he was a successful businessman and real estate developer. Ross has not only spent his money on improving the roster and renovating Sun Life Stadium, but also contributed funds to the 2012 presidential campaign of Mitt Romney. Now, a new face has emerged at the top of the Republican polls, but Ross is not supporting Donald Trump.

"I know Donald and I like Donald a lot," Ross said on CBS This Morning Friday. "I respect him but I don't really see him as President of the United States."

The two billionaires have had their share of success in the business world. Trump has also fared well venturing into television while Ross has put a lot of his money and time into football, both here in Miami and at his alma mater Michigan. While Trump may be the bigger name nationally, Ross does not think he will be able to parlay his past prosperity into winning the White House.

"Donald is the world's best promoter, there's no question about it," said Ross. "But I don't think he has stepped, really, in a position to really run the United States of America."

So he likes him but he didnt think he could win. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Holy shit that story about her campaign not tracking polls for a month and straight ignoring Michigan especially when Bernie beat her there in the primary.

Holy shit that story about her campaign not tracking polls for a month and straight ignoring Michigan especially when Bernie beat her there in the primary.

Yeah it is nuts. All election all we heard was how much money the Dems had, and how organized they were, but my god did they mess things up. Trump visited WI 7 times, Hillary 0. It is like that for all the battleground states. Trump really went after it, he traveled a ton, he did all that crazy twitter stuff, his campaign came up with much better ads, and he got so much free media coverage for his craziness. The dems just tried to coast to the end without breaking a sweat.

Top Bottom