• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 10 |OT| - The Dream is Dead.

Gobias

Banned
Let's celebrate the fact that a new A Tribe Called Quest album was just released. We have nowhere else to go except up. Hopefully

Fitts

Hue Jackson bench Kessler: Hue on pulling Kessler for McCown: 'I wanted a spark, that spark threw 2 ints and only completed 6 passes lol...

Oh I read about it after posting. Looks like McCown lost a fumble too? I've been in support of Hue this season until now, but what a horrible decision.

Bouye is a free agent next year.

Hope my Steelers get him :)

Anna-Kendrick-WTF-Confused-Reaction-Gif.gif

Striker

Hue Jackson bench Kessler: Hue on pulling Kessler for McCown: 'I wanted a spark, that spark threw 2 ints and only completed 6 passes lol...
He later says he is still the starter and doesn't regret pulling him. So, uh, ok.

Makes no sense. From the little I've seen from Kessler, he's looked alright. No worse than Hue's boy RGIII was doing.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
He later says he is still the starter and doesn't regret pulling him. So, uh, ok.

Makes no sense. From the little I've seen from Kessler, he's looked alright. No worse than Hue's boy RGIII was doing.
Hue is tanking for that 0-16 sweetness. Kessler was doing too well so he had to be stopped.

squicken

0-16 gets him fired...he needs to win one game to keep his job..

They still seem to be playing hard for him, so I think they'll get a win this year. The Lions just quit in the second half of their 0-16 season. Was awful watching them. There was no hope of them winning a game that year towards the end

bionic77

Bouye is a free agent next year.

Hope my Steelers get him :)
I know you are new to the team but that is not how we do things around here.

We are cheap as fuck and try to develop players slowly through the draft.

I wish we did use FA more and looked to pick up some cheap talent to fill in some spots, but it is not really a priority for the Steelers. Nor is it something we are really good at (we hit a HR with Williams but we struck the fuck out 3 times in a row with that tight end we got from San Diego).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Poor Browns

They're really paying for that Cavs championship in Ohio

0-16 Browns
Ohio State losing to Pedo State of all people
Indians choking in the World Series giving us pink hat Cubs fans
Bengals are garbage
Donald Trump wins the state with a margin like Texas

Am I missing anything?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hue is not getting fired. Stop that right now.

They went into this knowing this wasn't a one year fix, they are flat out starting all over. They've stockpiled draft picks and fingers crossed they can score on a lot of them.

So far first time I can say in honestly forever that the first three picks we took aren't busts.

Had a feeling Hue might try to play both qbs. Actually thought he would have tried it the previous week. He wants the fear of the deep ball to be alive.

But man is Mccown is a turnover machine. I think the nice thing about watching Kessler these last weeks is that he's careful with the ball. He dosent turn it over, so I trust him in that aspect.

I'm fine with Kessler, but if a qb is available they Like won't doubt they take fine. The knock on Kessler the whole time has been arm strength. I currently do not have the technology to send him a robotic arm sadly.

Let's talk about the most important thing of last night though....... the production value of that game! Silly but watching the Browns we don't get the production of some of these primtime games. They gave us player intros, player spotlights, graphics! I was shook.
0-16 gets him fired...he needs to win one game to keep his job..
No ones getting fired. If he got fired what would have been the point of any of this? If that's the case haslam might as well sell the team and the fans literally should say fuck this team. Stick the course of the plan. bad seasons all the criticisms come out, but you have to stick with it.

Hindl

:jnc at some games running worse on PS4 Pro than they do on base PS4.

Especially since Sony said that was the one thing that could NOT happen. That solely lies at the feet of Sony certification, they should've denied these games. But they needed these games for launch, so they couldn't refuse it

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
:jnc at some games running worse on PS4 Pro than they do on base PS4.

I don't see the PS4 Pro as a justifiable $400 purchase anyway when you already have a PS4. Even the VR, thus far, isn't greatly enhanced according to some straight comparisons I've seen.

All depends on how much $400 is worth to you I guess.

Hue is not getting fired. Stop that right now.

They went into this knowing this wasn't a one year fix, they are flat out starting all over. They've stockpiled draft picks and fingers crossed they can score on a lot of them.

So far first time I can say in honestly forever that the first three picks we took aren't busts.
Yeah. Tanking dosent happen at the coaching level. It happens with the front office and offseason moves that usually determine how you'll do. We were one of the older teams and stripped it down and now one of the youngest. It's a building process. In the NFL it's easier to do the 7ers style of rebuilding because of how many draft picks you can acquire. Theoretically you can rebuild a team pretty quickly with all the draft picks if you're hitting. The Browns will have double digits picks again and will need it to add talent, even hitting on half of the picks is good. Think they did a nice job of adding some nice talent last draft, and now the whole process much continue.

For haslam like he was told at the beginning of this there's gonna be some hard times first, you have to fight through. I hope haslam really is ready for it like he said he was, Don't let the media get in his head.
Wait a minute...

dwN2mjs.gif
Edit you post pls. Don't let them see this, they don't want us to know about this..

Especially since Sony said that was the one thing that could NOT happen. That solely lies at the feet of Sony certification, they should've denied these games. But they needed these games for launch, so they couldn't refuse it
I don't understand what Sony has been doing this gen. I thought there were so few games on ps4 since they were holding back games to have a huge ps4 pro launch but now it doesn't seem like that at all. I am shocked that games are going to be worse on the more powerful system.

Hindl

I don't understand what Sony has been doing this gen. I thought there were so few games on ps4 since they were holding back games to have a huge ps4 pro launch but now it doesn't seem like that at all. I am shocked that games are going to be worse on the more powerful system.

They've been dominating for most of the gen. IMO they've been doing it by coasting on the goodwill from its initial announcement combined with the disastrous XBO announcement. And the fact that it was more powerful allowed it to win the 3rd party argument for the most part, which I think they were banking on until their 1st parties could get things going. And it worked, but their 1st parties just took longer than required. So now we're seeing people start to shift over to Xbox. But now Sony 1st party is finally getting in gear in the next 6 months so we'll see what happens.

PS4 Pro is just a travesty though. I don't think most people will care, but it's sad to the point of being funny. Also entirely predictable that if you give 3rd parties more powerful hardware they'll just fill it with more effects even if it runs worse.

Sony have the lead because MS fucked up, they Forced gamers to buy Kinect and the Xbox 1 was too fucking expensive, seems like they finally hitting their groove with X1, but Scropio year away lets see if they have learned from X1 or just gonna rinse and repeat their stupidity..

squicken

Had a feeling Hue might try to play both qbs. Actually thought he would have tried it the previous week. He wants the fear of the deep ball to be alive.

But man is Mccown is a turnover machine. I think the nice thing about watching Kessler these last weeks is that he's careful with the ball. He dosent turn it over, so I trust him in that aspect.

I read that Hue was mad at Kessler for not pushing the ball downfield. Tough spot for him. Kessler won't do what he says but McCown's mistakes are killing them

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm fine with Kessler, but if a qb is available they Like won't doubt they take fine. The knock on Kessler the whole time has been arm strength. I currently do not have the technology to send him a robotic arm sadly.

Let's talk about the most important thing of last night though....... the production value of that game! Silly but watching the Browns we don't get the production of some of these primtime games. They gave us player intros, player spotlights, graphics! I was shook.

No ones getting fired. If he got fired what would have been the point of any of this? If that's the case haslam might as well sell the team and the fans literally should say fuck this team. Stick the course of the plan. bad seasons all the criticisms come out, but you have to stick with it.

I was crying. As I said last night I've waited forever to see "Joe Thomas, Wisconsin" be said on my screen.

Truly we were blessed.

bionic77

You guys overcomplicate things.

The reason Sony is doing well is because MS went Nintendo and tried to sell gamers on a better experience. Gamers don't give a fuck about that.

Gamers don't give a fuck. They just want to play Madden and COD on the cheapest box available. Everyone likes to sell some other narrative but that is almost always what it comes to. That is why MS cleaned up with the 360 and that is why Sony took it back with the PS4.

Console gamers are not Apple consumers. They are willing to eat straight out of the trash can. They only care about price. Most of them wear the same shirt for several days...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

The reason Sony is doing well is because MS went Nintendo and tried to sell gamers on a better experience. Gamers don't give a fuck about that.

Gamers don't give a fuck. They just want to play Madden and COD on the cheapest box available. Everyone likes to sell some other narrative but that is almost always what it comes to. That is why MS cleaned up with the 360 and that is why Sony took it back with the PS4.

Console gamers are not Apple consumers. They are willing to eat straight out of the trash can. They only care about price. Most of them wear the same shirt for several days...

No lies detected.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

PC gamers like me are nodding their heads at this.

....while wearing the same shirt for several days after binging on WoW

Greg

lol

Tom Penny

Switch will likely be the cheapest and i doubt it will be taking out Sony and MS. Generally speaking your are correct unless you have superior marketing.

Was the xb1 actually more expensive at launch then the ps4? I am really curious to see if the pro can reverse things for Sony since the xb1 has won the last 4 months npd.

bionic77

Switch will likely be the cheapest and i doubt it will be taking out Sony and MS. Generally speaking your are correct unless you have superior marketing.
Because it doesn't have the 5 or 6 big 3rd party games that most people want.

Most people prefer FIFA over Mario and Zelda.

Also, Nintendo is not seen as cool and I think most people think of it as a kids console (which it most definitely is). Sega was the first to cash in on that and Sony took it to the next level with the PS1 and PS2. Nintendo is an anomaly. As gamers though it is one I hope always is around in some form or another.

You can easily replace Sony or MS with another big ass company. There is only one Nintendo.

Top Bottom