• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

Cartoons I watched during the early 90s:

toxic-crusaders-cast-photo.jpg

1aaa54f839cb89ca0eebad9f36826091.jpg

Tom%26JerryKidsShowLogo.png

dat disney afternoon too

Paul Turner is traveling with the Eagles to Seattle, people are speculating that he will be activated for this game. Hopefully Wentz can find a WR that can catch for him to develop some chemistry with.

Pepiope

Paul Turner is traveling with the Eagles to Seattle, people are speculating that he will be activated for this game. Hopefully Wentz can find a WR that can catch for him to develop some chemistry with.
You think they'd deactivate DGB for his comments?

Not sure whose spot he'd take

Hindl

You think they'd deactivate DGB for his comments?

Not sure whose spot he'd take

He's supposedly coming in case JMatt's back spasms cause him to miss the game. Which if he does we're going to lose regardless, but I'd like to see him take Agholor's spot.

No I cant see that, DGB sucks and his comments are not what you want but he is still a big target, plus Howie is Gm'ing for his job no way does he want that trade to look bad.

Two things. Howie isn't GMing for his job, he'll be around for another 3 years at least. And also no one gives a fuck about that trade, we gave up Dennis Kelly for DGB. Even if DGB never catches another ball no one will care. It was a trade with only upside. It isn't working out but considering we gave up our 3rd string OL it doesn't really matter

He's supposedly coming in case JMatt's back spasms cause him to miss the game. Which if he does we're going to lose regardless, but I'd like to see him take Agholor's spot.

Two things. Howie isn't GMing for his job, he'll be around for another 3 years at least. And also no one gives a fuck about that trade, we gave up Dennis Kelly for DGB. Even if DGB never catches another ball no one will care. It was a trade with only upside. It isn't working out but considering we gave up our 3rd string OL it doesn't really matter

What do you mean he isnt GM'ing for his job? It was widely reported that when Lurie brought him back he was told that Lurie wants to see results, and fast. If they wind up 7-9 I wouldnt be to shocked to see Lurie go and get a real GM. At least that is the hope that keeps me going. Also with the problems that the Eagles have had on the OL maybe they could have used Dennis this year.

Pepiope

What do you mean he isnt GM'ing for his job? It was widely reported that when Lurie brought him back he was told that Lurie wants to see results, and fast. If they wind up 7-9 I wouldnt be to shocked to see Lurie go and get a real GM. At least that is the hope that keeps me going. Also with the problems that the Eagles have had on the OL maybe they could have used Dennis this year.
They drafted a franchise quarterback, and he looks good. There's your immediate results.

MechDX

Hindl

You have some serious revisionist history going on. Howie did a full-scale reset this offseason, and just got a QB of the future. Remember the offseason, where everyone was looking at Bradford at the helm with a rookie HC that no one wanted and a new scheme? The Eagles were barely projected to get to 6 wins, let alone 7. Then Bradford got traded, and people were saying they would be one of the worst teams in the league. They made a bunch of noise of competing this year, but no one is going to say, "Oh yeah we're gonna suck this year". No one was expecting anything from the Eagles, and in one offseason they went from a joke under Kelly where occasionally things would click and they'd pull out a win into a top team. And this is all in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

Find me this article where Lurie said Howie would be out if they didn't see results in the 1st year. That's ludicrous. And even if that were true, Howie is sticking around. Especially because the odds of the Eagles only winning 2 of their last 7 games is highly unlikely. All of our FA acquisitions have panned out extremely well so far (Brooks, McLeod and Bradham), and it's early to say but this might be the best Eagles draft in years. Wentz is looking like a future star, and Vaitai, Smallwood, and Mills are all contributing and could develop into reliable starters one day. Seumalo has even looked good in limited snaps. Howie has done a tremendous job turning this franchise around in a single year. This team is feeling like the early 2000s teams, and Howie has set the Eagles up for long term success in the coming years. He'll be here for a while

They drafted a franchise quarterback, and he looks good. There's your immediate results.
That isnt a result at all, if anything that is just a knock against the Rams. If the Eagles dont win a playoff game this year, that will be 11 years since howie joined the front office and 0 playoff wins during that time. At some point Lurie will have to wake up and realize what the one constant is with this team.

cdyhybrid

That isnt a result at all, if anything that is just a knock against the Rams. If the Eagles dont win a playoff game this year, that will be 11 years since howie joined the front office and 0 playoff wins during that time. At some point Lurie will have to wake up and realize what the one constant is with this team.
There you have it folks.

Gambling your next few drafts on a QB and hitting isn't a result.

This is what you all sound like when you call the Seahawks lucky, by the way.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
DraftKings And FanDuel Agree To Merge:

Two major daily fantasy sports sites, DraftKings Inc. and FanDuel Inc., said they have agreed to set aside years of bitter rivalry and become one as they face down continuing regulatory and legal challenges to their industry.

The two companies, which together spent upward of $500 million on advertising last year to try to build unique brands, had been talking about merging for months, with those talks accelerating in the last few weeks.

Neither company has figured out a business plan to become profitable. They both cut back significantly on advertising during the current football season as legal and lobbying bills have stacked up, painting a bleak financial picture, according to insiders and analysts.

The two companies together will control somewhere north of 90 percent of the daily fantasy market, making it a natural antitrust target of the Department of Justice or Federal Trade Commission.

Law360 talked to a number of antitrust experts, most of whom believe the DOJ or FTC will scrutinize the merger heavily, as it hurts consumers and would make it more difficult for new daily fantasy companies to join the market. But as important is whether those federal agencies will give a shit.
They have limited resources, and scrutinizing the operations of two companies who will likely go belly up without the merger might not be where they choose to spend them.

Neither of the companies are profitable, and both have incurred heavy operating costs in the past year, as they spent tens of millions of dollars on ads in an attempt to corner the market, and their legal fees skyrocketed as numerous state attorneys general went after them for deceiving customers and/or being thinly disguised sports gambling operations.

The real loser here are the companies’ investors. Combined, they’ve poured about a billion dollars into the two companies, in the hopes that one would emerge dominant and garner a huge return. Instead, the two companies used those investments to bludgeon each other close to death while also inviting regulatory scrutiny, and if approved, the merger will see each investor holding a smaller share of a still-listing company. But at least it’s something!

There you have it folks.

Gambling your next few drafts on a QB and hitting isn't a result.

This is what you all sound like when you call the Seahawks lucky, by the way.

I dont want to give a terrible GM a pass because he got insanely lucky one year. If the Rams arnt run by morons then they take Wentz and the Eagles are stuck with Goff. Giving Howie credit for how dumb the other guys were seems odd, but I guess when you have had zero success as an NFL GM you have to take what you can get.

Mindlog

Lots of movement in the power rankings today.
Winners: Floyd, Crocodile Mile, AOL
Losers: Kanye, Compuserve

Biggest mover of the day.
Tiger Electronic Football. Up six spots.
cR74jDq.jpg

So who is setting up the pogs tournament? Whoever has a basement can host it,
My first hustle.
I knew a guy that would sell me blanks and stickers.

Turned around and sold slammers at a huge profit.

Top Bottom