• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

Zeke

If Dallas wins their next two division games it's a wrap on the division. That would be great and it would make the final eagles game worthless.

Tom Penny

bXGie97.jpg
When informed it was a reference to the advance metric websites that put emphasis on quick releases by quarterbacks, Belichick began to get rolling.

"What the hell is that?" he asked. "I mean, you could take those advanced websites and metric them -- whatever you want. I don’t know. I have no idea. I’ve never looked at one. I don’t even care to look at one. I don’t care what they say.

"As far as a quarterback goes, read the coverage, throw the ball to the open receiver and take the best matchup. That’s what it is in a nutshell. The quicker we’re open, the clearer the picture, the sooner the ball is going to come out. If we don’t have anybody open, who is the quarterback going to throw it to? It’s timing, decision making, execution by the entire offensive team. That’s what the passing game is. The receivers have got to get open and catch the ball. The quarterback’s got to read the coverage, make the right decision and make an accurate throw.

"All the metric pages and all of that, I mean I have no idea. You’d need to ask that to a smarter coach than me."

When informed it was a reference to the advance metric websites that put emphasis on quick releases by quarterbacks, Belichick began to get rolling.

"What the hell is that?" he asked. "I mean, you could take those advanced websites and metric them -- whatever you want. I don’t know. I have no idea. I’ve never looked at one. I don’t even care to look at one. I don’t care what they say.

"As far as a quarterback goes, read the coverage, throw the ball to the open receiver and take the best matchup. That’s what it is in a nutshell. The quicker we’re open, the clearer the picture, the sooner the ball is going to come out. If we don’t have anybody open, who is the quarterback going to throw it to? It’s timing, decision making, execution by the entire offensive team. That’s what the passing game is. The receivers have got to get open and catch the ball. The quarterback’s got to read the coverage, make the right decision and make an accurate throw.

"All the metric pages and all of that, I mean I have no idea. You’d need to ask that to a smarter coach than me."

Who needs advanced metrics when you can just film the other teams practices to know what they will run.

bionic77

The most underrated show.. I watched that in the mornings on TBS before I had to go to school when I was in elementary school.

Also everything sucks after Steve leaves and Jefferson comes in..

Am I wrong here Bionic?
This is why you are Floyd.

If it comes out of your mouth of from your keyboard of course it is wrong! Thats what makes you you.

Once they figured out Steve's character I think it was just as good if not better than the Jefferson days.

Speaking of a shitty life. My paralegal quit and I am working most of the weekend and tonight. Fuck yeah!

One source, who was close to Rodgers for years but is among the many who have since been cut off by Rodgers entirely, said the quarterback has not spoken to his family since December 2014. Immediate family members don't even have his cellphone number. When Mom and Dad sent Christmas presents to the quarterback and his girlfriend that year, the source said, those gifts were mailed back in February. He was set to be the groomsman in the wedding of one of his closest friends, the source said, and texted the day before he couldn't attend.

He didn't attend his grandfather's funeral—the same grandfather he once called before every game.

He fired a business manager he's known since high school.

The family was told they were no longer welcome in Green Bay. If Dad wants to attend a game now, he buys tickets on StubHub or goes through another player's family.

So the options are Aaron is the biggest dick in a division with Jay fucking Cutler, or Aaron might have CTE

Tom Penny

So the options are Aaron is the biggest dick in a division with Jay fucking Cutler, or Aaron might have CTE
Sounds like his last couple of years of decline and packers success are directly related to him being an asshole to the people that helped him get there. It's not coincidence.

This is why you are Floyd.

If it comes out of your mouth of from your keyboard of course it is wrong! Thats what makes you you.

Once they figured out Steve's character I think it was just as good if not better than the Jefferson days.

Speaking of a shitty life. My paralegal quit and I am working most of the weekend and tonight. Fuck yeah!
Disagree.. the show with Steve on it still had some interesting stories and had a point to the story.. when Steve left, it was in complete fuck it mode and let's make Al super dumb and everything.

Kelly wasn't stupid like she was in the later seasons and they made her a complete bimbo.. then they added Seven, made Marcie completely nuts, and a bunch of bullshit.

Steve left and then they jumped the shark..

And Green Bay execs didn't know anything about this?

That's a lot of deviation from standard behavior.. Something might actually be wrong?

Gronk has a perforated lung

How is he not in the hospital
He's out for Sunday officially...

bionic77

I might be crazy but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that Rodgers and his family don't get along or that he may have gone Hollywood.

A lot of people have shitty family situations...

I might be crazy but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that Rodgers and his family don't get along or that he may have gone Hollywood.

This is family, friends and coworkers he's completely become distant from at the drop of a hat. Shit isn't normal and is honestly kinda frightening...

bionic77

This is family, friends and coworkers he's completely become distant from at the drop of a hat. Shit isn't normal and is honestly kinda frightening...
It is very fucked up but I don't know him personally.

If he was being shitty to his gf/wife or kid then I would have a very different reaction, but he is just being a hollywood giant headed jackass. It does not make me think highly of him, but it is not enough to get a real reaction out of me.

I will of course reference this whenever the Packers fans need to be brought down to Earth but right now they are 3 feet under ground (still above us though) and so it is not even useful for that.

Zeke

He never gave HOFinley his number either from that deadspin article. I would think a qb and his starting TE would be in contact.

Brother and I are oil and water, we tried to kill each other many times in our teenage years, been to the hospital for stab wounds to the chest and abdomen..I haven't spoken to him in 20 years don't even care if he's alive right now...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I kinda wonder if that's why he also chose not to do "Tuesdays with Aaron" anymore since Jason Wilde was always asking about his private life.

BigAT

Brother and I are oil and water, we tried to kill each other many times in our teenage years, been to the hospital for stab wounds to the chest and abdomen..I haven't spoken to him in 20 years don't even care if he's alive right now...

Have you considered mending the wounds of your relationship with the gift of a Nintendo Switch™? You know what they say, "Don't get stitches, give Nintendo Switches™."

Hunter S.

Woah, not cool! Sounds horrible.

Zeke

so curiosity got me I googled those rumors of him being gay only thing i found was some article from perez hilton. Was mildly interesting feel bad for the guy if its true.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Apparently Rodgers hasnt talked to his family in 2 years

https://twitter.com/deadspin/status/799683548584222720

Meanwhile in Detroit....

This is against some pretty solid pass defenses, too:

Stafford has 11 TD passes & 1 INT for a 109 rating over his last 5 games. He's aiming for a 4th game in a row at home with a 100+ rating.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...ions-ninth-best-wide-receivers-nfl-the-ringer

Prosperity in the D😎

Have you considered mending the wounds of your relationship with the gift of a Nintendo Switch™? You know what they say, "Don't get stitches, give Nintendo Switches™."

I switch my knife from the back of his head to front, when i say oil and water i meant it...there's enoughg hatred between the 2 of us to fuel Trump's presidency for 8 years...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Lions could win the NFC North and still nobody will give a fuck about the Lions because it's a super shitty division.

Enjoy your one and done in the playoffs!

Top Bottom