• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

Sephzilla

I'd be happy with the Packers cutting Harbaugh a blank check to get him away from Michigan. I also think he'd be a coach who wouldn't be afraid to get into Rodgers' face when Rodgers starts pointing fingers and starts bitching at his wide outs when they can't catch a ball thrown a foot above the dirt.

This is random but you guys better keep an eye out for Hokies QB Jerod Evans in the years to come. If he stays healthy dude will have a chance to win a job somewhere in the NFL and he's got the tools to make it, in my opinion. He's a better QB than Tyrod was at this stage and he's a lot bigger. Similar style player to Cam but a better touch passer and not as much of a freak athlete.

He set the VT single season record for TDs this weekend with 31 (25 pass, 7 rush).

Jarate

Banned
Wow the Packers are horrible.

I wonder if the team checked out on McCarthy. I used to think he was a good coach. Upon further consideration now I am pretty close to putting him in the garbage can.

Also, holy fuck we are worse than the Texans. Coates better come back healthy for Turkey day. I can't take a loss to the Colts. I can't take it dammit!

We are going to have a Cowboys/Pats Super Bowl I just know it. And then the bad guys will have won and we will all have to quit football together. :(

This team has totally checked out post NFC Championship game. That was the most obvious sign that the Packers should've fired McCarthy. You don't keep a coach who single handedly lost you a chance to go to a super bowl.

I don't think McCarthy is a bad coach, but teams get complacent with coaches who are there forever, and coaches do as well. It happens with a lot of coaches in the league, and McCarthy isn't a great coach like Belicheat.

Also, why the fuck did McCarthy start Barclay over Spriggs?

Jarate

Banned
I'd be happy with the Packers cutting Harbaugh a blank check to get him away from Michigan. I also think he'd be a coach who wouldn't be afraid to get into Rodgers' face when Rodgers starts pointing fingers and starts bitching at his wide outs when they can't catch a ball thrown a foot above the dirt.
I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan

I think we should work our asses off to get Gruden though. This may be the perfect opportunity for him, and a first guy like him would probably work for a year or two

Hindl

I think we should work our asses off to get Gruden though. This may be the perfect opportunity for him, and a first guy like him would probably work for a year or two

But why would Gruden leave? He's got a SB already, and he's making way more money doing a much more relaxed job. He gets to just commentate and meet with players, and he has that yearly QB camp for all of the rookies coming out every year. I don't ever see him returning to coaching

Sephzilla

I worry that Gruden is in that Cowher zone were they've been away from the game for too long. Gruden's last coaching gig was in 2008.

I think Harbaugh will leave Michigan at some point though. Dude was one play away from a Super Bowl title, a guy who's as competitive as Harbaugh isn't going to be able to shake that.

By the way, Jared Goff either isn't ready or isn't very good. The only positive I saw from him was his pocket movement. "Functional mobility" as the announcer called it. :)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Gruden and Cowher are stupid choices...been away from the game way, way, way too long.

Also the relationship between the elite quarterback and the coach is important - regardless of how big the name will be. Remember Jimmy Johnson and Marino? I know you Dolphins fans do!

I'd want Harbaugh because I think he can build a winning program despite the quarterback. I'm at the point where if Rodgers is the same in three years, may as well shitcan him and start over.

MechDX

Texans, Raiders won't be able to breathe in Mexico City, ex-USMNT player says

Good luck breathing, said one athlete who has experienced playing in a sporting event there.

“Azteca Stadium is the worst place to ever play a sporting event,” former United States national team soccer star Eric Wynalda told USA Today.

That would appear to be a problem. Wynalda added: “You can’t breathe. The pollution is so bad that if you don’t have some form of rain that’s brought all that down you are going to be sucking wind.

brooksreedoxygen.gif

Fox318

Harbaugh is gonna get so much money when he comes back to the NFL.

and every team is going to complain whatever team hires him that they didn't follow the rooney rule

Spinluck

Everyone has switched to the CFL :(

lol soon to be me

But you have to wonder, we've lost a great deal of regulars the past two or so years. Life, perms, Trump winning, or loss of interest in the sort.

I think in two years time we'll be NBA gaf'd and I won't have a thread to regulator visit on here anymore :(

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
wouldn't mind seeing a more defensive minded HC in Green Bay. Get Philbin back as the OC. We have got to get this defense turned around. We've been shit for far too long. I would love to see Harbaugh in GB but that doesn't seem realistic. Possibly could be someone like Josh McDaniles which I wouldn't hate.

With the way this shit has been going, wouldn't be surprised to see the pack hire someone like Rob Ryan as the HC, because fuck it.

Hunter S.

I think you mean The Assweiler. And he's 0-1 against the mighty raidas.

That said I'm worried about all our fat linemen on both sides of the ball playing at that altitude.
Pretty crazy altitude at 7,382 feet. That is higher than where I live (usually) at about 6,300 ft next to the mountains. People get dizzy and tired and you should be happy Denver doesn't play you sea demons there, otherwise our superior supply of red blood cells would put us at even more of an advantage. Science...

On a scale of 1-Fat Josh Freeman, how lazy am I to get something through Postmates instead of driving 90 seconds away to pick up from the store myself?

Full context: It involves stepping foot in an Apple Store

cdyhybrid

Apparently Riverboat Ron is going to be studying the Raiders closely tonight.

Also, scapula fracture for Prosise. Best case is he's back in time for the playoffs.

Hindl

Jeff McLaneVerified account
‏@Jeff_McLane
Doug Pederson: Signing Paul Turner to the active roster.

Progress! Now Eagles fans get to see preseason darling Paul Turner not amount to much in live action games. Maybe against GB's secondary he can do something though

Top Bottom