• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

Dmented

Banned
Your 2016 Green Bay Packers

fuck.gif

kill me

From a dude with fucked up ankles.

Your 2016 Green Bay Packers

fuck.gif

kill me

Dude even looked bored swatting him away with one hand.

At the very minimum this is the year Dom Capers finally gets fired, right? Every year I still hear his name mentioned during a Packers game, I'm like "oh shit, they haven't fired him yet?"

cdyhybrid

At the very minimum this is the year Dom Capers finally gets fired, right? Every year I still hear his name mentioned during a Packers game, I'm like "oh shit, they haven't fired him yet?"

Packers have been missing Clay Matthews and their corners, he should get another season
;)

Farooq

Banned
Bill Walsh said:
It is important to realize that arm strength and being able to pass are not synonymous. Some players can throw a football 80 yards, but they aren't good passers. Good passing involves accuracy, timing, and throwing a ball with enough touch so that it is catchable.

What if...hear me out, Wentz is not throwing catchable balls.

Striker

He could be but their secondary was destroyed by injuries.

Marvin Lewis should be losing his job but I don't see that happening. Bengals FO is cheap.

Line_HTX

nooooooo

You know theyre gonna rebound after beating the Texans now.

This. I cannot help shake the feeling that the Packers will turn it around finally on that game just fucking because.

I don't think Houston has ever even got close to Green Bay.

Line_HTX

Oh right, I forgot about that game. Don't know why that slipped my mind. I was thinking of that SNF game at the Bears where Cutler got knocked out at halftime.

If you've followed me since the beginning I've always believed Roger is trying to keep the Cleve down... but shhhhhhh don't want them to notice that we notice

Someone pinning your head down?

;P

Farooq

Banned
Bill Walsh said:
Good passing also requires understanding both the offensive system and the receivers in the system, and having a great sense of anticipation. While it is certainly admirable to be able to throw a ball on a line for 35 yards, if the ball is off target or arrives in such a way that it is difficult to catch, such an ability is of dubious value. The fundamental goal of passing a ball is to make sure it's caught . . . by the intended receiver.

One of the more important criteria for assessing the pro potential of a quarterback is to what extent does he have the ability to throw a "complete inventory" of passes—from screen passes to times, short passes to medium­range passes and down­the­field throws. Not having a "complete inventory" of passes in his arsenal does not eliminate a quarterback from a team's considerations, but it can be a meaningful factor. While a number of extraordinarily talented quarterbacks have played in the NFL who were not able to throw a complete array of passes, having such an individual quarterback the team would limit the type of offense that the team could run effectively.

Several other factors involving how well a quarterback can perform in the passing game segment of a team's offense should also be considered, including a quick delivery, touch, the ability to read defenses, mobility, and an ability to avoid a pass rush. A quick delivery is essentially the ability to get the ball "up and gone" with no wasted motion.

While a quick delivery can be acquired to some degree by learning and practicing the proper techniques for passing a ball, such a release is primarily related to an inherited motor skill—the quarterback's reaction time (i.e., how long it takes between when the quarterback spots his receiver and when he actually throws the ball). Particularly when it's not telegraphed in such a way that helps the defense, a quick delivery is an advantage for the quarterback once he "sees" his receiver. The faster he releases the ball, the less time the defense has to react to the situation.

The ability of a quarterback to throw a pass with the proper touch is also important, especially in a medium­range passing game. The right touch on a throw enables a pass to be more easily caught by a receiver without having to break his stride. One of the best "touch" passers in the history of the NFL was Joe Montana of the San Francisco 49ers.

Successful quarterbacks also have the ability to read defenses. Such a skill is not something that most quarterbacks have learned to a high degree coming out of college. Even if they have, they face very different defenses in the NFL. Regardless of whether quarterbacks are required to read defenses in college, most intercollegiate offensive systems require quarterbacks to look at their primary and secondary receivers, usually based on the defense confronting him.

If a review of game films indicates that the quarterback is able to locate his secondary receiver (or even an emergency­outlet receiver on occasion) with ease, or with a sense of urgency, this player has a chance to be a consistent performer in the NFL. The quarterback, however, must be able to handle such situations in a composed, systematic manner (i.e., initially, look for his primary receivers; then, immediately see his secondary receivers). Mobility and the ability to avoid a pass rush are also essential criteria for quarterbacks. Quarterbacks must be mobile enough to avoid a pass rush when they feel pressure in the pocket.

If throwing a ball was the only aspect of playing quarterback, evaluating the position of quarterback would be a relatively easy task. Because of the dynamic role that a quarterback plays on a team, he must have physical, mental, emotional and instinctive traits that go well beyond his ability to pass the football. A quarterback, for example, must be courageous and intensely competitive. Because he is the individual who is leading the team on the field, his teammates must have confidence in both his skills and his ability to withstand the pressure­packed situations he will face. His intestinal fortitude must be unquestioned. In this regard, two of the best in the history of the NFL were Bart Starr and Bob Griese.

A great quarterback also has excellent instincts and intuition. He has a "feel" for the game that goes well beyond knowing the playbook and his teammates, and understanding the nuances of the defensive schemes his team's offense must face. All factors considered, quarterbacks are born with such instincts and intuition. As a rule, there is not much that coaches can do to develop this area.

Might as well post the rest of the page on Quarterbacks. From this book btw.

Pepiope

The eagles have had drop issues for like 3 years now. It isn't Wentz. He isn't perfect, yes, but he's a rookie. His WRs do not help him though.

This is an obvious rebuilding year. Everyone just wants immediate results. Not gonna happen.

squicken

Same group dropped passes last year with Bradford, who has never had that problem with receivers before. It's pretty crazy watching Eagles' games with their drops. Sproles and Ertz too. They just have big time drops issues

Adam Caplan is a Philly based writer and he has said a few times that they knew going into the year that WR was the big issue for the team but couldn't address it until 2017

KingBroly

Banned
They have not exceeded your expectations? Playing damn well right now. High powered offense and a defense that is much better than I thought. Dallas is due for their annual ass kicking, might come Thursday, suck for your team coming off an even shorter recovery/prep time since you played at night.

My feeling going into the season was we'd take a step back because
1 - We won a shitty division last year
2 - Because of said division win, we'd have a tough schedule (CAR/MIN/ARZ + AFCN + NFCN)
3 - We overachieved, so it'd be natural to take a step back like most teams do (Carolina from 2013 > 2014 for example)

My thinking was we'd be in the 5-11 to 7-9 range. Now if they can get to 9 wins, that'd exceed my expectations. However, I don't want to say 'exceeded or met my expectations' and then they shit the bad the last few weeks because that'd be disappointing. I can smell Playoffs right now, but I recognize we're in a very vulnerable position right now. If we went 9-6-1 and missed out to a 10-6 team, I'd look at the DET/CIN games as well as the first DAL game and shake my head as games we gave away. However, I'd recognize that we're on the right track as a franchise.

Personally, I think we can beat Dallas on Thursday. Will we? I dunno. I halfway expect Goodell fuckery because I know the league hates us. I think we're playing much better right now than we did last year. I just don't want them to throw it away right now.

SonnyBoy

My feeling going into the season was we'd take a step back

I was a bit more optimistic than that, thinking we'd finish at .500 or a game above. It's clear that the organization is trending in the correct direction since our new GM came in. This team is just now stabilizing from years of horrible drafting, they finally have some decent depth at most positions.

IMHO they're still about 1-2 drafts away from being a "true contender". But it's great seeing competent football, we went so long without seeing a product that you could feel optimistic about.

2007 all over again
Giants gonna beat Dak in Dallas in the playoffs
Fuck the Giants cause they will in a neutral field against the pats
Dat neutral field advantage

believe in Bork

Striker

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/ELI-MANNING.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

[URL="https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-chi-nyg-grades-defense-rises-to-occasion-in-giants-win/"]https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-chi-nyg-grades-defense-rises-to-occasion-in-giants-win/[/URL]

dang link

Sephzilla

Why do I have a feeling that we are destined for a Giants/Patriots Super Bowl, again. I'm just getting so much deja vu from both of them this year

Top Bottom