• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 11 |OT| - football

Hindl

Earl Thomas miss up to two weeks.

That's not too bad I guess but he going to miss him.... =(

Our defense just isn't the same without all the key guys.

The worst part about the game yesterday besides the Eagles losing is that they basically crippled the Seahawks in doing so during a crucial part of the season. And the Seahawks are in the best spot to knock off the Cowboys, so that's doubly not good.

The worst part about the game yesterday besides the Eagles losing is that they basically crippled the Seahawks in doing so during a crucial part of the season. And the Seahawks are in the best spot to knock off the Cowboys, so that's doubly not good.

Amen Dallas Offensive Line looks damn near impossible to penetrate for an entire game. We are going to need everyone if we get to play them.

giphy.gif

Progress! Now Eagles fans get to see preseason darling Paul Turner not amount to much in live action games. Maybe against GB's secondary he can do something though

I doubt Paul Turner will be open that often, but can he really be worse than the literally worst ranked wide receiver in the NFL, Nelson Agholor?

Euron

I'm calling Giants/Raiders SB, with Raiders winning. Book it
I'm actually kinda afraid of this happening. I can see the Raiders pulling off a Miracle at the Meadowlands style comeback against the Pats in Foxborough (in the snow just because) then using that momentum to beat the shit out of Eli

Redskins are playing better than the Giants right now

PLUS

Giants December collapse
That was during the Coughlin days. Giants have a legit shot to win every game except the Eagles one in Philly. They're wearing their black uniforms and it's technically primetime, the Giants have no chance there.

Giants NEED/HAVE to beat the Browns this Sunday to make the playoffs.. after the Browns i think they will go 2-3..

Wins
Lions
Washington

Loses
Cowboys
Eagles
Steelers..

If they beat the Browns and win 2 of the next 5 they will be 10-6 should be good for a WC berth..

EDIT:Giants final 6 games 4 on the road..
I'm disappointed that the Steelers game is at Heinz since they seem to be a different team there. Though the Giants may have lost the Ravens/Bengals games had they been away. If Jenkins can do to Brown what he did to Green and Dez, the Giants can pull off a close win. Their defense is IMO worse than the Bengals' when we played them and Pugh should be back by then.

The Browns one is obviously a necessary win and I'm actually pretty scared of it since you don't want to be the one team the Browns beat. Though I think they have a legit shot at beating the Bengals the week after now that Green, Bernard, and a few key defensive players are out.

The Cowboys one is going to be the game of the season. Being at Metlife may be the final factor. I still will bet on the Cowboys for this one but I can't do so with absolute certainty since we match up well with them. Oh wait it's primetime? Shit.

The Lions one seem like the type of game we usually win and win close: 1:00 home game against a great QB and bad defense.

Eagles again we have no shot at

Redskins is a toss up: Both teams have improved significantly since they last played and penalties plus getting tricked on a fake punt were all that really harmed the Giants last time. Though this one is in Washington so that skew it a bit.

10-6 is very doable and more than that is definitely possible

Hindl

I doubt Paul Turner will be open that often, but can he really be worse than the literally worst ranked wide receiver in the NFL, Nelson Agholor?

Yeah, I'm hopeful. Even if he can just make a few catches and become a reliable target that'll be enough for me. I'm just worried Wentz is going to develop trust issues with his receivers after this year

I'm actually kinda afraid of this happening. I can see the Raiders pulling off a Miracle at the Meadowlands style comeback against the Pats in Foxborough (in the snow just because) then using that momentum to beat the shit out of Eli

The 49ers game makes me believe the Pats will be vulnerable in the playoffs. That D is just not good enough. The Pats will be able to put up points, and it was looking like they'd be able to prevent points against them in the AFC. Denver's D still looks great but their offense is sputtering, Steelers are basically out of contention, AFC South and East are a joke as a whole. I thought it could be the Raiders earlier in the season since they had the same problem of a top scoring offense with a shit-tier defense, but their D has been gelling a little more lately. I think they can take it. And if it's Raiders-Giants SB, it comes down to what type of Giants offense and what Eli shows up. If it's the inconsistent Eli and weak OL that was allowing sacks and forcing him to throw it into the ground, the Raiders will feast. But if it's that random game where Eli just goes nuts, they can take it. The Giants D is pretty decent honestly, they'd be able to slow down the Raiders offense, but if the Giants offense sputters the D won't be able to carry them.

Fox318

Alan Branch suspended 4 games for smoking weed, in a state where it's legal to smoke weed.

977.gif

man guys know its banned and they are playing in states in which it isn't ALWAYS LEGAL.

How fucking hard is it to stay off weed for a 6 figure paycheck?

Euron

The 49ers game makes me believe the Pats will be vulnerable in the playoffs. That D is just not good enough. The Pats will be able to put up points, and it was looking like they'd be able to prevent points against them in the AFC. Denver's D still looks great but their offense is sputtering, Steelers are basically out of contention, AFC South and East are a joke as a whole.
It's going to be the fucking Ravens again isn't it? God damn it, it'll be another year where a 9-7 team plows through the competition and beats the Pats at Gillette.

Though I would love a Ravens/Giants Super Bowl with Flacco and Eli. The #EliteBowl would see so many memes.

But knowing my luck it would probably just be Ravens/Seahawks

cdyhybrid

It's going to be the fucking Ravens again isn't it? God damn it, it'll be another year where a 9-7 team plows through the competition and beats the Pats at Gillette.

Though I would love a Ravens/Giants Super Bowl with Flacco and Eli. The #EliteBowl would see so many memes.

Bird Bowl!

Edit: Doug Baldwin has more TD passes in a Seahawks uniform than HOFlynn.

Hindl

Well it's gotta be right? Browns are already literally eliminated, Bengals have been collapsing hard and that was even before A.J. Green and Giovanni Bernard went down, and the Steelers are all injured and just not playing well. Ravens kinda get in by default, not to say they aren't good. And honestly, I'd be fine with the Ravens going to beat the Pats, it means they aren't in the SB. But honestly the Ravens don't have the offense to go very far. It's going to be either the Pats or the Raiders from the AFC. NFC is more open, Cowboys are obvious frontrunners but Seattle is doing their annual year-end charge into the playoffs, and the Giants are the true definition of a wildcard in the playoffs. And the falcons could make some noise too, Eagles game aside they have been hot, and have had a bye week to adjust

That was during the Coughlin days. Giants have a legit shot to win every game except the Eagles one in Philly. They're wearing their black uniforms and it's technically primetime, the Giants have no chance there.

I'm disappointed that the Steelers game is at Heinz since they seem to be a different team there. Though the Giants may have lost the Ravens/Bengals games had they been away. If Jenkins can do to Brown what he did to Green and Dez, the Giants can pull off a close win. Their defense is IMO worse than the Bengals' when we played them and Pugh should be back by then.

Steelers at home are a different team. At least offensively. That game can get out of hand quickly if the defense comes out and plays the way they did yesterday against the Bears in the first half. An offensively inept team like he Bears put up 16 - the Steelers with the weapons (Brown/Bell) and QB they have can bury us early.

Bread

Banned
What the fuck did you say to him when you met him backstage?
Wtf I just told him Breadstream supports him no matter what he says or does even if it means supporting trump or breaking up with jayz or canceling the tour

I had nothing to do with this!

Euron

Well it's gotta be right? Browns are already literally eliminated, Bengals have been collapsing hard and that was even before A.J. Green and Giovanni Bernard went down, and the Steelers are all injured and just not playing well. Ravens kinda get in by default, not to say they aren't good. And honestly, I'd be fine with the Ravens going to beat the Pats, it means they aren't in the SB. But honestly the Ravens don't have the offense to go very far. It's going to be either the Pats or the Raiders from the AFC. NFC is more open, Cowboys are obvious frontrunners but Seattle is doing their annual year-end charge into the playoffs, and the Giants are the true definition of a wildcard in the playoffs. And the falcons could make some noise too, Eagles game aside they have been hot, and have had a bye week to adjust
It'll come down to the Christmas Ravens/Steelers matchup to determine the division winner. I think the Ravens are more likely at this point especially with two matchups against the broken Bengals left.

The AFC South is interesting. I think the Texans are going to collapse with the remainder of their schedule and the Colts will narrowly get by with the division. That matchup against the Titans yesterday might have determined the entire race. Now this has repercussions for the Pats. I can see the Colts pulling off the upset against a team like the Chiefs in the playoffs (didn't they do that 3 years ago anyway?) unlike the Texans, regardless of the regular season matchup.

This means the Pats once again get to face the Colts at home instead of a team like the Chiefs, leading to a pretty easy way to the AFC Championship. If they retain the #1 Seed, that'll swing things in their favor with home field advantage, enabling them to get a close win.

Steelers at home are a different team. At least offensively. That game can get out of hand quickly if the defense comes out and plays the way they did yesterday against the Bears in the first half. An offensively inept team like he Bears put up 16 - the Steelers with the weapons (Brown/Bell) and QB they have can bury us early.
Well at least they don't have an above average to great Tight End. That's usually what kills the defense, look at Miller yesterday, Eifert last week, Ertz before that, Rudolph and Reed, and the man himself week 1 (who didn't do anywhere near the damage I thought he would)

I'm marking the game down as a loss right now and actually have more confidence against the Cowboys a week after, but it's not impossible. The offense just needs to get going at full speed, which is of course far easier said than done.

this_guy

Even if the Texans get to the playoffs I can't see them winning a playoff game this year. Bengals won't be there to lose to the Texans.

squicken

@davehydesports
Adam Gase to media: "Between him being able to throw the deep ball & his play in the 4th qtr, I kind of question your evaluation skills."

Striker

Well at least they don't have an above average to great Tight End. That's usually what kills the defense, look at Miller yesterday, Eifert last week, Ertz before that, Rudolph and Reed, and the man himself week 1 (who didn't do anywhere near the damage I thought he would)
Eifert was contained outside one bizarre formation. Collins did a good job that game. Both Robinson and Casillas haven't been great against TE's even though those are Spags best options at doing so.

Ladarius Green is a threat downfield if PIT utilized him like that. He's been out for a while so he's still getting involved.

Hindl

It'll come down to the Christmas Ravens/Steelers matchup to determine the division winner. I think the Ravens are more likely at this point especially with two matchups against the broken Bengals left.

The AFC South is interesting. I think the Texans are going to collapse with the remainder of their schedule and the Colts will narrowly get by with the division. That matchup against the Titans yesterday might have determined the entire race. Now this has repercussions for the Pats. I can see the Colts pulling off the upset against a team like the Chiefs in the playoffs (didn't they do that 3 years ago anyway?) unlike the Texans, regardless of the regular season matchup.

This means the Pats once again get to face the Colts at home instead of a team like the Chiefs, leading to a pretty easy way to the AFC Championship. If they retain the #1 Seed, that'll swing things in their favor with home field advantage, enabling them to get a close win.

Yeah going with the Ravens too. Steelers are just too beat up and Ravens always play them hard. The AFC South is interesting in the context of who's going to win it, but I wrote it off because none of the teams in that division are going to make any noise in the playoffs. I agree though, the Colts probably take it since the Titans looked like the only real threat and they got swept, and I just can't trust this Texans team with Brock at QB. I think the Chiefs would beat the Colts though, they already did it once this year. Maybe the playoffs are different, but the Colts are just bad outside of Luck, so I can't see them doing well against the Chiefs. The Chiefs will make it an interesting game against the Pats and then just gotta hope either the Broncos, Raiders, or Ravens can go into NE and pull one out. Or hope that the Pats drop 2 games to Denver and Miami to take away the #1 seed, both of which are possible

Mindlog

On a scale of 1-Fat Josh Freeman, how lazy am I to get something through Postmates instead of driving 90 seconds away to pick up from the store myself?

Full context: It involves stepping foot in an Apple Store
Stores are for olds.
Not just regular olds, but the hellishly old olds.

Buc Squad
Heartfelt letter to Bucs teammates guides Jameis Winston's inspired effort

On Wednesday, three days after the Bucs beat the Chicago Bears at home 36-10 and before the team left at 7 p.m., Winston tucked a note into every single teammate's locker. Then he stood before them as he read the letter out loud.

"I just told them how grateful I was to be their quarterback," Winston said. "That was the main thing."

He wanted his teammates to know that it was only one game, and there was still room to grow.

Wide receiver Cecil Shorts III was touched. In his previous five seasons spent with two other NFL teams, he'd never had a teammate extend such a gesture.

"That says a lot about him," Shorts said. "That kind of hit everybody. You always want to play for a quarterback like that. At a young age like that, to be a leader and stand up like that -- he's a born leader."

So Cutler may be done for the year.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
#Bears QB Jay Cutler is undergoing tests for a shoulder injury, source said (as @BradBiggs reported). He’s expected to miss time.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
The #Bears will know tomorrow if Jay Cutler’s injury is season-ending. Either way, it’s not good and he’ll miss games. Frustrating season.

Sephzilla

Three more I think since that'd be 9 losses on the year.

Probably. But I think they're one or two more really bad losses away from him being done. McCarthy has some pretty bad losses on him this season where his team has looked completely non competitive. The team really does seem like it's given up on him.

So Cutler may be done for the year.

Chicago's hopes against GB just increased

Top Bottom