• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

squicken

Cx9siZ_WQAAkrYL.png:large

Still time I guess but BUF will probably have a pretty solid team that doesn't make the playoffs. That Week 1 Ravens loss looks so bad in hindsight

Hindl

Still time I guess but BUF will probably have a pretty solid team that doesn't make the playoffs. That Week 1 Ravens loss looks so bad in hindsight

It's kinda weird that it seems like in each conference there's one division that's most likely sending 3 teams to the playoffs. Outside of the NFC East and AFC West, most divisions have a clear leader and everyone else is kinda trash, or the division as a whole is mediocre. The only divisions that might send two teams besides them are the NFC North and maybe the AFC East.

Beach

Legit surprised that Panthers vs Raiders has way more national coverage on the map on Sunday afternoon than Jets vs Patriots

Why are they lucky?

We are not Detroit where we wet our panties by winning a shit division.

It is Super Bowl or bust with this team. We started out the year as SB contenders and then everyone just died. I checked with medical experts and dying is a condition they suck balls at treating so we are probably just a one and done team in the playoffs. I don't even know if Coates is playing this Thursday.

Injuries. :(

Despite all that you've got over a 50% chance to make the playoffs!

squicken

The hope for the 2017 Texans is Johnny Manziel. He wants to play again, and if (lol) he is sober he is definitely better than Oswillier. Should sign him now and see if they can get him ready for the playoffs

Bread

Banned
The hope for the 2017 Texans is Johnny Manziel. He wants to play again, and if (lol) he is sober he is definitely better than Oswillier. Should sign him now and see if they can get him ready for the playoffs
i'd like to subscribe to your newsletter

Farooq

Banned
The Texans do not have a QB and yet are locked in to spending $17m per over the next two years on a moderately coordinated giraffe. That is a problem that requires some creativity in solving

Romo, 33m on QBs...Romo will have to re-structure.

Line_HTX

I agree that we made a mistake, but come the fuck on. Johnny will be way worse, like literal cancer.

Sorry, I vehemently disagree with that.

Farooq

Banned
Money issue. They can't pay his salary when also paying Bork. Also rules out Cousins or Cutler. They probably will draft a QB but in 15 years the only QB they have ever successfully evaluated is Matt Schaub so long odds there

Yea, I edited my post after looking at OTC. Romo's 14m base salary plus Brock's 19m. Man, they are stuck with Brock for another year unless they hit on a QB.

I wonder how low Romo is willing to re-structure for a shot at the title.

MechDX

Yea, I edited my post after looking at OTC. Romo's 14m base salary plus Brock's 19m.

I wonder how low is Romo willing to re-structure for a shot at the title.

How much salary is Dallas willing to eat to get rid of that guaranteed money is another question

Farooq

Banned
How much salary is Dallas willing to eat to get rid of that guaranteed money is another question

Romo is owed 19.6m by the Cowboys if he is cut or traded in 2017

I'd assume Romo would re-structure if he was given the choice to pick his landing spot. Staying in Texas would have been nice for him, too bad the numbers don't work.

Lacy is done for the year:

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 2m2 minutes ago
Mike McCarthy rules out Eddie Lacy for 2016. IR for the season.

EDIT: Sam Shields too:

Dov Kleiman ‏@NFL_DovKleiman 4m4 minutes ago
#Packers CB Sam Shields and RB Eddie Lacy are done for the rest of the 2016 season.

Farooq

Banned
Broncos gave my boy Manning a title...I'm ok with them giving Romo another one (After he wins one this year as a starter because Dak hit his rookie wall and the Cowboys came to their senses realizing they have an amazing QB sitting on the bench who brought them relevancy, and because Romo is football Jesus who sacrificed himself for the sins of his team only to be resurrected again to defeat the greatest evil in modern sports)

Fixed.

Greg

I wouldn't. The secondary isn't even that good when they're healthy.

I love how Sam Shields apparently turned into a shut down corner after he was hurt.
it's not just Shields

and no one was calling him a shut down corner, but he was where he was for a reason - at least enough to put himself near the ball which is a lot more than can be said for the past few weeks

Sephzilla

it's not just Shields

and no one was calling him a shut down corner, but he was where he was for a reason - at least enough to put himself near the ball which is a lot more than can be said for the past few weeks

He's definitely better than the college tier scrubs we have playing right now. But lets not pretend Shields wasn't good for one or two plays a game where he gets fucking scorched too.

Top Bottom