• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No problem. Just tired (since the off season) of the sucking off of Elway and now Brock has thrown fuel on to the fire

I think part of it is him coming into a new system, I really would like to see if there was a difference in him in Kubes system. Which seemed to be setting up for him.

Of course, with that O-line they have now, he probably wouldn't be doing much better.

Though, for 16m... yeah, I'd rather them not let Von go.

Course, I may shit talk about the signing, but that's what I do.

To give up Cox in the process though? No thanks.

No idea if that was true or not but I would do it now in a second. Cox hasnt looked close to the same as last year this year. I thought he was supposed to shine in Schwartz's D but he has been invisible for a lot of the year. MM seriously looks like he could be one of the best QBs in the NFL soon, I would gladly give up a DT if I could get a top QB back.

Zeke

Brock is a coach killer. The guys contract is brutal. Whoever did the work on that needs to never touch real money again or be involved in contact talks like ever.

Hindl

Presented without comment

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1320281

No idea if that was true or not but I would do it now in a second. Cox hasnt looked close to the same as last year this year. I thought he was supposed to shine in Schwartz's D but he has been invisible for a lot of the year. MM seriously looks like he could be one of the best QBs in the NFL soon, I would gladly give up a DT if I could get a top QB back.

Cox was September Defensive player of the month. Since then he hasn't been getting the stats, but he's been massively important in the defense. Brandon Graham would not be having the year he is if it wasn't for Cox.

Read this:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...croscope/4307cfc6-9497-4881-9a7a-74fc69945e51

MechDX

Brock is a coach killer. The guys contract is brutal. Whoever did the work on that needs to never touch real money again or be involved in contact talks like ever.

Texans GM Rick Smith is the god father of the owners grandson. Take it for what its worth

Pepiope

In hindsight, not going after MM looks even better. We potentially got a better QB for much cheaper.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with Cox. He's been commanding the double teams to allow guys like Graham to look like stars.

Line_HTX

It is. But not as dumb as Houston overpaying for an unproven QB.

Elway at the very least probably feels like he dodged a massive bullet
Sorry, I was mostly going for the "feels like he dodged a bullet" mindset with the Elway picture. Not necessarily that Elway was some genius.

Yeah, well, he sure was not acting like he dodged a bullet the entire year.

It really sucks that the two years at 37 is guaranteed, so we're basically stuck for another year. This season has been fraudulent, but really the majority of teams took a big nosedive this year. I expect us to not be a factor next year.

In hindsight, not going after MM looks even better. We potentially got a better QB for much cheaper.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with Cox. He's been commanding the double teams to allow guys like Graham to look like stars.

LOL! You are so funny with this stuff. I just hope Wentz turns out to be a good QB but I am really starting to worry. I would trade him and Cox today for MM and not even think twice.

Pepiope

LOL! You are so funny with this stuff. I just hope Wentz turns out to be a good QB but I am really starting to worry. I would trade him and Cox today for MM and not even think twice.
We'll yeah, but I actually want the Eagles to win. You want us to be so bad it gets Howie and Doug fired.

There's no way I'd make that deal straight up. Adding in one of the best DTS in football is just insane.

People tend to forget how inexperienced Wentz is. I think we should be excited to see him next season with a better line and hopefully better offensive weapons. He looks great for a guy who was QB3 before the season.

squicken

The Rams are benching Greg Robinson. That draft I wanted STL to take Mike Evans and Zach Martin. Instead they took Robinson and Aaron Donald. Oh well. That's why they are the Rams and win 7 games a year and score 17 points a game

WedgeX

Banned
The Lions are in first place heading into December and are on track for to win their division for the first time since I was in kindergarten.

I don't know how to feel.

Should I post more gifs, less gifs?

Be more pessimistic?

Talk about how the Lions can't actually win with a star supporting player like Barry or Megatron and how they should never draft a superstar player again?

Make fun of Suh's declining sack totals?

End all of my posts from now on with "bbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttch" ?

edit:

By the by, a search of "neogaf frenchmovietheme bitch" yields hilarious results (about 1420 of them!).

ENzhBxu.png

MechDX

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1732732-houston-texans-should-turn-tom-savage

The Texans made an calculated risk by signing Osweiler to a fair deal, his market value of $18 million a year, and sometimes risks do not work out. That appears to be the case with the Texans and it is not getting better. The Texans owe it to their roster to make tough decisions and waiting to play Tom Savage is becoming a huge mistake. The Texans need to get Savage on the field and see what he has because at this rate, it is hard to believe the situation would be worse with Savage under center.

It cant get any worse.

Savage was worked out by O’Brien at Pittsburgh during the draft process and a hand chosen rookie to grow within the offense. Savage was robbed of a 2015 season when he was placed on the injured reserve for a shoulder injury to open up a roster spot. No doubt Savage would have played in 2015 after the poor play of Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett. Savage showed in camp that he has a grasp of the offense and it showed with decision making, which was clearly ahead of Osweiler during that time.
If the Texans can bench Rahim Moore after signing him as a free agent, cut ties with Louis Nix, for whom they traded up in the 2014 NFL draft, and move on from Andre Johnson when he would not accept a diminished role, Osweiler should be held to the same standard as every other player who has entered the locker room.

FREE HIM!!!!!!!

93ebab76901d62517d657e3ec0d38f2e.gif

Zeke

Texans GM Rick Smith is the god father of the owners grandson. Take it for what its worth
Jeez FO is gonna hurt your team more than any scrub player with a franchise contract. It's like Houston is cursed with shit ownership. On the bright side McNair is like 80 so maybe things will get get better sooner rather than later.

That's nice and all but everybody knows QBs are treated differently than regular position players in terms of benching for poor performance. Especially a QB who you just signed to a monster deal. I think teams are afraid to bench QBs because once you bench one you might not get him back.

Lots of division leaders with mediocre defenses and explosive offenses that are going to lose in the playoffs this year. I'd love to see something like an Oakland/ATL Super Bowl but let's face it, it's gonna be more like Seattle/Denver

We'll yeah, but I actually want the Eagles to win. You want us to be so bad it gets Howie and Doug fired.

There's no way I'd make that deal straight up. Adding in one of the best DTS in football is just insane.

People tend to forget how inexperienced Wentz is. I think we should be excited to see him next season with a better line and hopefully better offensive weapons. He looks great for a guy who was QB3 before the season.

I also want the Eagles to win, but if they dont firing dougie and howie would be a great consolation.

MechDX

Jeez FO is gonna hurt your team more than any scrub player with a franchise contract. It's like Houston is cursed with shit ownership. On the bright side McNair is like 80 so maybe things will get get better sooner rather than later.

Cal "Heir Apparent" McNair and Rick Smith:

WhiteOut9-8-12_263.jpg

The 0-12 Browns have scored MORE POINTS than the #Texans so far this season.

Is this true????

Zeke

Lots of division leaders with mediocre defenses and explosive offenses that are going to lose in the playoffs this year. I'd love to see something like an Oakland/ATL Super Bowl but let's face it, it's gonna be more like Seattle/Denver
Dream big man, cowboys, raiders in the owl. That's my dream matchup right now.

Line_HTX

Every time I try and look on the bright side the hits just keep coming. It's perpetual sadness in Texans land :(

To be fair, the O-Line needed to be addressed anyway, but 2nd Round picks for the core are a crapshoot.

Just don't say shit like "We have no regrets passing up Carr and taking XSF" because that was fucking ducking on their part just because he was David's little brother. It basically reeked of them putting way too much faith on the fanbase because of what happened with David. I mean... family members of QB's can learn from their mistakes, RIGHT?

Hindl

I could see Raiders making it if they can get home field throughout the playoffs. They already beat Denver in Oakland once. And Atlanta just crushed one of the best defenses in the league. Take out the game against the Eagles and they're looking pretty good too

squicken

Xavier S'ua'Filo was productive, AM I RIGHT???

XD

XSF is actually okay now. But they will never live down that draft. And the Oz signing. If BoB had nothing to do with signing Oz then I have no problem with him going back to college. If he was part of that then it is chicken shit of him to go Petrino

MechDX

XSF is actually okay now. But they will never live down that draft. And the Oz signing. If BoB had nothing to do with signing Oz then I have no problem with him going back to college. If he was part of that then it is chicken shit of him to go Petrino

There was a story from earlier this year I believe from Jayson Braddock on 790. O'brien wanted Garrapollo in 2014. BOB wanted to take him at pick 33 but Smith convinced him to wait convinced he would be there in the 3rd round. Of course we know what happened but he also mentioned that Savage was QB #2 on O'Briens list

Squicken's boys are a one dimensional team, man. Regular season champs for sure but I don't see much beyond that. The blue print to destroy the defense is out there. Up tempo, quick passes. Eli's wet dream.

I saw some signs of fatigue from Zeke, not sure he can hold up through 19 games.

If somebody eliminates the Giants in the playoffs, I'll feel a lot better.

There was a story from earlier this year I believe from Jayson Braddock on 790. O'brien wanted Garrapollo in 2014. BOB wanted to take him at pick 33 but Smith convinced him to wait convinced he would be there in the 3rd round. Of course we know what happened but he also mentioned that Savage was QB #2 on O'Briens list

Rick Smith is your Howie Roseman, funny that Howie pulled the same shit with Reid and cost him wussel. Eagles dodged a bullet there.

That's my dream matchup under the following circumstances:

1. Denver isn't in the playoffs;
2. Oakland beats the Patriots with a super controversial call in the waning moments of the game; and
3. The Cowboys stomp the Raiders.

Nafai1123

Banned

I have faith this is the year that dominant O-lines beat dominant defenses.

OAK v DAL SB. Offensive shootout resulting in the highest scoring SB in history. Believe!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Denver still has to play the Raiders, Pats, and Chiefs. They're not likely to win out and thus that .5 games would have been useful. Denver may have to hope Miami loses two games now.

I agree that going for it on 4th down was probably the best move, but punting would have been smarter than going for a low percentage FG that put your defense is a terrible position.

The .5 games really wouldn't have been as useful as you'd think. If Miami wins more games from here on out, they'll make the playoffs over Denver, regardless of a tie. If Denver wins more games from here on out, they'll make the playoffs over Miami, regardless of a tie. And if Denver and Miami end up with the same record at the end of the season then Denver would win the tiebreaker anyway via common games won (so they wouldn't need the tie).

The tie would pretty much help in two specific scenarios:
  • If Denver and Miami end with the same record, but one of Miami's losses is Arizona, then Miami would win the tiebreaker via conference games. But this is a very specific scenario and comes as an afterthought compared to their ending records
  • The tie could have been more useful in preventing any 3-way ties between Kansas City, Denver and whoever (Miami probably), but only in scenarios where Denver won the rematch with Kansas (if they lose, they weren't going to beat Kansas in tie breakers regardless of the tie). This scenario would be bad for Denver since tiebreakers would likely kick them out first due to Kansas's superior divisional record (Denver can still catch up to Kansas's divisional record but for that to happen AND for them to end up tied at the end of the year AND for all three teams to be in playoff contention, it would probably necessitate that most of the AFC goes on a massive losing streak).

If the Broncos end up getting swept by the Raiders and lose their rematch against the Chiefs, they probably weren't going to make the playoffs anyway, regardless of the tie.

Farooq

Banned
Squicken's boys are a one dimensional team, man. Regular season champs for sure but I don't see much beyond that. The blue print to destroy the defense is out there. Up tempo, quick passes. Eli's wet dream.

I saw some signs of fatigue from Zeke, not sure he can hold up through 19 games.

If somebody eliminates the Giants in the playoffs, I'll feel a lot better.

PHI, Giants, Seattle (PHI with a more efficient passer) are teams that present the biggest challenges to the Cowboys and scare me the most. I am gettng kinda stoked for the playoffs though going to be fun.

I have faith this is the year that dominant O-lines beat dominant defenses.

OAK v DAL SB. Offensive shootout resulting in the highest scoring SB in history. Believe!

2 minutes left in the 4th. Dallas down by 4 with the ball. On the first play Dak badly turns his ankle and has to leave. Enter: Antonio Ramior Romo. He drives the Cowboys down the field. Hitting Witten and Dez for big gains. The offense is humming . They get to the red zone. 15 seconds left. Tony drops back, has Terrance Willams open in the end zone and throws.....a TAINT.

2 minutes left in the 4th. Dallas down by 4 with the ball. On the first play Dak badly turns his ankle and has to leave. Enter: Antonio Ramior Romo. He drives the Cowboys down the field. Hitting Witten and Dez for big gains. The offense is humming . They get to the red zone. 15 seconds left. Tony drops back, has Terrance Willams open in the end zone and throws.....a TAINT.
Nah Scooter. He'll actually throw a good pass but Terrance Williams will just drop it like normal.

Hindl

PHI, Giants, Seattle (PHI with a more efficient passer) are teams that present the biggest challenges to the Cowboys and scare me the most. I am kinda stoke for the playoffs though going to be fun.

If the Eagles receivers don't start improving they aren't a threat. I'm fully confident in the Eagles defense ability to stop the Cowboys, especially since they did a good job of it without premier run stuffer Bennie Logan last time. But the receivers continue to regress and Wentz is starting to second guess his reads. If they can get jumpstarted against the Packers weak secondary I'll start believing but this season is a wash most likely. Especially since the Cowboys should be able to rest their starters by the time they play the Eagles again

Romo, with complete disregard for his well being, flings himself at the DB and knocks the ball out! Zeke picks it up and runs into the end zone! Romo's back is broken in 3 places! Cowboys win!!!

Top Bottom