• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Random request, could someone take this gif and make the last swing hit Aaron Rodgers in the head? Blood would be a plus.

86MNd.gif

Don't fail me now, Printer Paper!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
#Texans claim Al-Hajj Shabazz off waivers from the Steelers.

Who? Why would you claim a DB from the Steelers?

The Steelers only cut him to sign the best player in Texans history in an emergency situation. No fair trying to exact revenge!

i

What if the Dolphins promise to take really special care of him?

I had to watch Tyrod go to the Bills... Kam to the Seahawks... That is true pain. :(
I can't deal with that..

We would be in the perfect spot for him.. we can take him and Malik Hooker... our Defense would be a lot better..

Don't pass them up Cleveland...

Breadstream Industries Christmas Party is this Friday ! You're all invited!

Pls bring food, drinks and money
Why wasn't I told before now?

Hunter S.

AdamSchefter@AdamSchefter
Broncos claimed former Ravens' RB Justin Forsett on waivers today, per source. Broncos' HC Gary Kubiak and Forsett reunited again.

Our running game has been shit. I like it!

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again - the defense did everything it could to give the offense a chance to win that game. Sacks at the right time (despite JPP being out), timely turnovers to get us back into the game. Our linebackers are simply not good in space and both Brown/Bell exposed that failing yesterday (along with our inability to cover TE's which has been an issue forever). Even then, the defense had kept Bell under 100 on the ground until the final 5 minutes of the game when the final 4th down attempt failed and it was over anyways. Jenkins did a nice job on AB other than the one TD as well. Even then he had tight coverage on him and no help from Leon Hall - who had he been paying attention should have intercepted that ball entirely! I'm still wondering what the fuck he was doing on that play.

I place the loss squarely on the offense. It was abysmal and I said earlier last week if the same offense showed up from the Browns game - this would be an L and it was. I wasn't overly concerned about the defense otherwise.

That offense though....wow.

Odell or bust. As I said I watched the whole game and the only time I ever noticed Cruz was when I saw him sitting on the sideline. Aside from that one touchdown (which Timmons was held aggressively but whatever the refs were obviously letting both sides play) I couldn't remember one running play either. Even that Touchdown wasn't a run, it was a backdoor screen.

I mean..does McAdoo have that little faith in the running backs that he has to run 11 personnel all game? I find it hard to believe the Giants personnel have depleted so much on offense that has become a necessity.

Mike RennerVerified account
‏@PFF_Mike
Derek Carr has had the most passes dropped (31) and the most air yards lost due to drops (278) of any QB in the league

Pretty crazy considering how great of a year he's having

@JaySkurski
Ryan, asked how confident he is in Tyrod Taylor being the team's quarterback in 2017, says it's not the appropriate time to talk about it.

Meier

Bucs gonna win The Big Game

Who do you think we'll pick up if Cecil is done for the year? I'd be thrilled if we added Roddy. I think he can serve as a very good short term option.

Oh jesus, I guess he's definitely done.

"Cecil Shorts told @BrittMcHenry he dislocated his knee, tore his ACL, MCL and PCL. Beyond brutal."

only the multiplayer ones

when I have to play with certain people

I'm so happy I've never played Rocket League with you, you would have hated me.

Don't you do it... I have waited and made blood sacrifices for two years (actually longer.. I knew he would be special going back to his first year on campus) so that my Browns can get him..

Don't you ruin that for me..

But.. muh Buckeyes Dutch.... :(

TDR doesn't deserve this..

We broke up, Floy.

That offense though....wow.

Odell or bust. As I said I watched the whole game and the only time I ever noticed Cruz was when I saw him sitting on the sideline. Aside from that one touchdown (which Timmons was held aggressively but whatever the refs were obviously letting both sides play) I couldn't remember one running play either. Even that Touchdown wasn't a run, it was a backdoor screen.

I mean..does McAdoo have that little faith in the running backs that he has to run 11 personnel all game? I find it hard to believe the Giants personnel have depleted so much on offense that has become a necessity.
I think he has little faith in the offensive line and that's been true since day one this season. It sounds funny but Eli's ability to avoid shots and move in the pocket masks a great deal of deficiencies even though the line is not a terrible one in so far as pass protection. Run blocking though? Yeah, there's absolutely no confidence there and there's no reason to have any either. They are just bad.

On the offense, I mentioned it during the game but take a look at some of the quick out bubble screens we toss to Jennings. I have yet to see a single one of those gain a yard. Usually they end up in a 3-4 yard loss because Jennings does not have the speed or mobility to make the guy across from him miss. Those are plays designed for Shane Vereen. The problem is that McAdoo seems to have some quota of snaps per player that needs filled per game. Why not put Perkins out wide for that? He sure as fuck has more wiggle than Jennings. The guy has no burst. It's really frustrating to watch the head coach to not place his players in the best possible position to succeed (something Spags is doing on the defensive side of the ball). It's why I genuinely feel like McAdoo needs to hand over the play call duties to Sullivan. Let McAdoo function as the head coach and concentrate on the minute to minute game decisions for awhile.

Eli needs to be held accountable as well. His decision making has been questionable at various points all season long. I don't buy into the arm strength or old age conversation with him. He's just not making the right decisions and his timing with the receivers is way the fuck off.. He's as guilty as anyone of making the Giants Odell-mensional as well or just flat locking onto guys. The Timmons pick yesterday is a perfect example. Donnell hasn't seen much of any play time for two weeks. All of a sudden he's in the line-up at the goal line - who the fuck didn't know that was going to him if you watch the Giants regularly? On the other side of the field? Paul Perkins on his lonesome with a clear path to the end zone. To be fair, Timmons made an incredible play on that ball but if you watched film on this team? You knew that was coming. *I* knew that was coming.

All of that having been said, we're 12 games into the guys head coaching career and we're coming off of two seasons of high quality offensive production. We're fucking 8-4. The typical hot take garbage about Ben is fucking annoying from Giants fans. The same fans that wanted Coughlin gone for the last three seasons and now want Ben gone because reasons. Immediate results of bust. Typical NFL fandom.

DOOOON'T STOP BELIEVIIIIINGGG! HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEEEELLIIIIING!

GAME OF THE FOREVER

I honestly question how many of you are really doing it. 🤔

1. Last Guardian on Wednesday
2. Australia in 2 weeks with Bae
3. So far passed al my courses during my Masters.
4. Last Guardian on Wednesday

I think I'm doing it.

We had open bar at our xmas party this last Saturday...they had Bud Light....Coronoa...Heineken and Modelo :/

Man, Heineken AND Corona?! Sounds like the Christmas party of the year. You're definetly doing it.

No sense in any Packers being selected, we won't be available that week.

Munn throwing an all you can eat?

DOOOON'T STOP BELIEVIIIIINGGG! HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEEEELLIIIIING!

GAME OF THE FOREVER

1. Last Guardian on Wednesday
2. Australia in 2 weeks with Bae
3. So far passed al my courses during my Masters.
4. Last Guardian on Wednesday

I think I'm doing it.

Man, Heineken AND Corona?! Sounds like the Christmas party of the year. You're definetly doing it.

I thought about you the whole time friend! This is our week!

4. Rec room paintball
The real killer app

I can play paintball in real life though.

Last time I played paintball I destroyed my knee and ended up having surgery

If I had the disposable income I'd get a pilots licence but until that happens I'll have to settle for VR.

Ricker

''Even if the Jets are miserable,the Colts cant afford to look down on them,especially after the New Yorker's honest prestation against the Patriots. However Andrew Luck should decimate the decaying Jets defense,if his offensive line protects him well enough.And that is a big ''if''!

Since the Texans lost yesterday,if the Colts win tonight there will be a triple tie in the Division.''

Colts.

That Donnell play might be the dumbest NFL play this season.
I mean match-up wise it makes sense. Let's put a 6'6 tight end on a 6'1 linebacker in the red zone. You *want* that match-up. The tight end should win and well,he was open. Two things:

1. It was a poor pass by Eli who didn't see the linebacker.
2. Timmons baited him all the way.

Top Bottom