• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Syrinx

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
The two leading fan vote-getters for Pro Bowl: #Cowboys RB Zeke Elliott, #Cowboys QB Dak Prescott. It’s their world.

We Dem Boyz officially runs the NFL

Should be Jameis and Aguayo.

E: Yikes at Shorts. Forget playing again, I just hope he can have quality of life.

I don't really care what people excuse or don't excuse. People can feel free to despise it and consider it "shitty" programming or love it as being the most revolutionary AI ever to be presented in a game. I haven't played it (have you?) so therefore I can't speak intelligently to how well it functions or it doesn't. I'll let you know my thoughts on it once I've completed it if you actually have any real interest in the game.

Regardless, it's a complete non-issue to the basic point that I'm making to you which is that Trico's behavior is not a bug, it's a conscious design decision made by the creator of the game. Whether you love or hate that design choice change that basic underlying fact.

Right, and I'm saying it can be both.

I'm not disputing that Trico should be unresponsive at the start of the game before you develop that bond with him (her?), that's the whole point of the game and you need it to develop that emotional attachment. That doesn't mean that shoddy AI can't be a reason why Trico doesn't respond because you put a block or a barrel a foot away from the exact spot you needed to make him react properly.

I'm watching Jim Sterling's video right now and some of it sounds frustrating as hell.

EDIT: Anyway, we should be talking about PS4's real killer app:

FortunateEnviousAfricanbushviper.gif

Naughty Dog and Ueda ain't got shit on that.

I'm not disputing that Trico should be unresponsive at the start of the game before you develop that bond with him (her?), that's the whole point of the game and you need it to develop that emotional attachment. That doesn't mean that shoddy AI can't be a reason why Trico doesn't respond because you put a block or a barrel a foot away from the exact spot you needed to make him react properly.

I'm watching Jim Sterling's review right now and some of it sounds frustrating as hell.
Sure, that's fair point.

As noted, I can't speak intelligently as to how well it all comes together until I play the actual game. I'll be honest in saying that I don't really read or look at many reviews and haven't for years. I'll maybe glance at a couple from some trusted sites for a game I'm on the fence about but that's about it. I remember Zombi U getting 4/10's on release and I loved that game to bits when the Wii U released. So my general stance on reviews is they don't provide me any real value for the most part outside of seeing people rip each others hearts out over an arbitrary number in the review threads.:)

Sure, that's fair point.

As noted, I can't speak intelligently as to how well it all comes together until I play the actual game. I'll be honest in saying that I don't really read or look at many reviews and haven't for years. I'll maybe glance at a couple from some trusted sites for a game I'm on the fence about but that's about it. I remember Zombi U getting 4/10's on release and I loved that game to bits when the Wii U released. So my general stance on reviews is they don't provide me any real value for the most part outside of seeing people rip each others hearts out over an arbitrary number in the review threads.:)

Yeah I stopped basing my purchasing decisions on review/metacritic scores when GTA 4 got 9s and 10s from everywhere and turned out to be shit. Then Dragon Age: Inquisition came along more recently and just reinforced that belief.

BigAT

A conscious design decision isn't a bug. Whether you like or dislike that design decision is fair game/subjective, certainly. We're seeing that play out in the reviews. However, from the mouth of the man himself:

There's a difference between Trico hearing your order and defying it, and Trico just ignoring it because the game is janky.

While I'm sure that there is a lot of the former in the early stages of the game let's not kid ourselves that there are plenty of people who will excuse shitty programming as being amazing AI.

Kept reading this as Tirico and was trying to figure out why you were attempting to order him around.

Tirico_Mike.jpg

Idk if it's just me, but Wentz is the least of my worries. I am confident in him going forward, and I know he'll be improved next season.

We need to both protect him and give him weapons to throw to. This off-season should just be about figuring out ways to not get our franchise QB killed.
Just because other parts of the team are even more broken doesn't mean people shouldn't also worry about how bad the qb has been.

bionic77

Come on, you can do it. You just have to root for them this one game, it's not so bad and it's all just a game. I'm rooting for the Steelers, yesterday was a good game beating the Giants, and I hope they make the playoffs. Time to Switch things up.
Don't tell me what I can and can't do!

This is destiny!

I am supposed to get on that bus to get a good view of the meteor strike!

why even is football

guys really

I tried to warn you friend, this team is bad, really really bad.

The 6 wins were nice but this defense isn't even good enough for a winning season, let alone the playoffs. I have no doubt Gase will get more out of this team down the stretch and we'll finish strong but set your expectations to zero and you'll enjoy the rest of the season a lot more.

bionic77

McApoooo give up the play calling
I think it was Mitchell or some other defender on the Steelers who said it was extremely obvious what plays the Giants were going to run.

Anyone who plays the Steelers who does not run it down our throat is not a good coach. Sorry Giants fans.

I tried to warn you friend, this team is bad, really really bad.

The 6 wins were nice but this defense isn't even good enough for a winning season, let alone the playoffs. I have no doubt Gase will get more out of this team down the stretch and we'll finish strong but set your expectations to zero and you'll enjoy the rest of the season a lot more.
I didn't think they were a great team but I expected some fight yesterday. 38-6...

I hope the Dolphins go hard on defense next draft. I was baffled when they skipped out on drafting LBs this year and now you know why. Abysmal LB depth and the starters are average on a good day. Good thing they got Carroo though...

Spinluck

If the Colts win, I will buy copies of Switch version of The Last of Us: Part II to match every Switch purchase in NFL-GAF!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I'm watching Jim Sterling's video right now and some of it sounds frustrating as hell.

EDIT: Anyway, we should be talking about PS4's real killer app:

FortunateEnviousAfricanbushviper.gif

Naughty Dog and Ueda ain't got shit on that.

TopGun_INTRO.jpg

...although I hated the last one

bionic77

If the Colts win, I will buy copies of Switch version of The Last of Us: Part II to match every Switch purchase in NFL-GAF!
Lying about Star Wars and the Switch?

Karma is a bitch Spin. Watch yo back...

When you use the same formation 97% of the time....duh.
You can win with shit play calling if the defense is up to it and the offense never turns over the ball.

See many SB winners.

The game turned on that first INT. If the Giants score there who knows what happens and no one is talking about OBJ and his antics.

I didn't think they were a great team but I expected some fight yesterday. 38-6...

I hope the Dolphins go hard on defense next draft. I was baffled when they skipped out on drafting LBs this year and now you know why. Abysmal LB depth and the starters are average on a good day. Good thing they got Carroo though...

Plus starters are out, Kiko, Jones, Jenkins, Howard, were all out. (Kiko might be out longer too) We have zero talent and zero depth so yeah we are just bad. But Balt knew were to hurt us and how to stop us, I still have to go through the film reviews but I have no doubt that they just out coached us and with the limited talent we have there isn't much Gase/Vance could do to cover for them. Besides we needed a gut check, this team needs to show it can respond and not lay down like the last few years. Yeah we won 6 in a row...but the last 4 came down to miracle plays. So while the loss was bad, it happens, teams have bad games and bad teams have worse games, let's see how they move on.

And hey we already have more wins than last year!

Top Bottom