• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

cdyhybrid

Dallas is the luckiest team in the league for sure.

My Hawks have to fight and scrap for every win. They earn that shit. Dallas has it handed to them on a silver platter.

Sad
!

MaGlock

Maybe they deserved another chance. Maybe he was throwing that garbage before he even for touched. Be upset that's fine and it will make for great talk on ESPN. But if you really have that much faith for Bradford and the Vikings to show up in overtime like they really didn't in regulation then kudos to you

Dishwalla

Banned
Raiders fans must be torn right now

Closest they've been in a while to confident they'll see a SB, yet knowing the team's leaving for Vegas and likely even announcing it before the game

Meh, I'll follow them if they go to Vegas, that isn't the issue. I don't want them to make it to the SB only to get stomped again. Not sure they have what it takes quite yet.

squicken

I really hope they get Bradford's explanation on that 2 point play, I mean it's 7 yards out so nothing is going to be easy but who cares if it is an INT? It looked like he saw a guy cutting underneath that route in the EZ and just sailed it, but why? It wasn't going to be completed but at least give it a chance

Maybe they deserved another chance. Maybe he was throwing that garbage before he even for touched. Be upset that's fine and it will make for great talk on ESPN. But if you really have that much faith for Bradford and the Vikings to show up in overtime like they really didn't in regulation then kudos to you

By that measure, why should we have any more faith in Dallas who would have shown-up in regulation just as much as the Vikings?

Doomsayer

I really hope they get Bradford's explanation on that 2 point play, I mean it's 7 yards out so nothing is going to be easy but who cares if it is an INT? It looked like he saw a guy cutting underneath that route in the EZ and just sailed it, but why? It wasn't going to be completed but at least give it a chance

Because Bradford is fucking terrible.

MechDX

zU8AOPx.png

Adam Wexler @awexlerKPRC
If #Texans win their 3 remaining AFC south games (at IND, vs Jax, at TEN), they win the division regardless of any other results.
3:32 PM - 1 Dec 2016

HAHA!

Doomsayer

I guess we'll see what happens in the offseason. Internet experts have declared him terrible for the last 5 years yet he keeps starting games and making a lot of money

No one said NFL GM's are smart though. Look at some of these contracts they hand out every offseason.

Bradford was a calculated risk made by an FO that thought their team was strong enough for a SB run with competent QB play. They were almost right after the first 5 weeks, but Bradford is going to be Bradford. You can't win with him consistently.

Drakeon

No one said NFL GM's are smart though. Look at some of these contracts they hand out every offseason.

Bradford was a calculated risk made by an FO that thought their team was strong enough for a SB run with competent QB play. They were almost right after the first 5 weeks, but Bradford is going to be Bradford. You can't win with him consistently.

I mean, don't the vikings have like the worst running game and oline in the league? I'm not a Bradford fan, but I don't know who could have saved this season for the Vikings short of Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady.

MaGlock

By that measure, why should we have any more faith in Dallas who would have shown-up in regulation just as much as the Vikings?

As a fan I thought we got hosed on a couple holding calls that made the game close. But it's over so it is what it is.

I'm not denying your ability to Bitch.

As a fan I thought we got hosed on a couple holding calls that made the game close. But it's over so it is what it is.

I'm not denying your ability to Bitch.

At the end of the day I don't give a shit about either of these teams, but that doesn't stop your original comment from still being ridiculous

squicken

That was another incredible day by the Vikings defense. They are loaded with first day talent and have stayed healthy. They really just need the offense to score 17 points but that is asking too much

Meh, lets get the ugly out of the way. When you win and you don't play well, I'm impressed.

I swear every time I saw a big play, there was a yellow flag. Zekes big run, first downs being called back constantly, etc.

With that out of the way, we should beat the Giants imo. But its really grating watching the secondary giving up so much cushion to the WRs and basically 5 free yards every time.

Pretty much why none of my Vikings fan friends are complaining about this

I'll never forget when one messaged me after I sent condolences after the Favre championship game loss and said "Don't worry. In a way I'm glad because I know they would have just fucked up worse in the Super Bowl"

Striker

I hate seeing the Cowboys win but the Vikings loss helps the Giants in a wildcard chase. Those two spots are going to come down to NYG, WSH, TB, and DET/GB.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Meh, I'll follow them if they go to Vegas, that isn't the issue. I don't want them to make it to the SB only to get stomped again. Not sure they have what it takes quite yet.

If I'm a Raiders fan, the move to Vegas would make me want to see them win it all more than ever. Give the Oakland fans one last hurrah.

Other notes:

I still want to see Romo in this offense. I think Dak is better against bad defenses because its more careful but Romo gives you a better chance against teams like Seattle and the Pats.

Our D needs to be more aggressive and try and play some bump and run coverage.

Zeke

Ugly game, ugly win. That vikes D is ridiculous so much talent. I'd love to see what they could do with a half decent offense.

Farooq

Banned
Other notes:

I still want to see Romo in this offense. I think Dak is better against bad defenses because its more careful but Romo gives you a better chance against teams like Seattle and the Pats.

Our D needs to be more aggressive and try and play some bump and run coverage.

I agree. You and I are in the minority on this though.

squicken

Ugly game, ugly win. That vikes D is ridiculous so much talent. I'd love to see what they could do with a half decent offense.

Thing is, all their high picks have been on defense. They have a bad OL b/c they never use picks there. So, of course the defense is good. Just like the Rams. And just like the Rams, their first round picks bust on offense. Treadwell and Patterson are first round picks and can't run routes

boxter432

raw

Viks should have gotten a second chance at the 2pt. Doesn't mean you would have gotten it!

Also doesn't discount that you had great field position and dominated time of possession yet couldn't score a TD until there were 30 seconds left.

ok...cowboys had 1 score until the refs decided to call a fumble differently and give the ball to the cowboys at the 8, only the second play they had in the red zone

MechDX

2017:

Nintendo Switch
Ohio State National Champions
Cavs repeat, lebrong elected president after Trump challenges him to dunk contest
Floy imprisoned for his crimes against humanity
Brandon Weeden leads the Texans to Super Bowl win with a last second pass to Baexton

Finished it

Top Bottom