• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

squicken

Still laughing at that Bradford throw away.

Anyone that says, "he threw it away because he knew he was going to get a free play", no. If he knew he was going to get a free play he would have thrown up a jump ball. The missed call was bad, Bradford was significantly worse.
That's like, below high school level football awareness.

He's trying to throw a jump ball to Rudolph. You can see on the replay he can't step into the throw and just sails it. It's a bad throw, but he had pressure right in his face on a throw he was already throwing high. Dunno where the idea he was throwing that away is coming from

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Because of the Pats/Trump combination trying to destroy our planet I am going to get back into the hobby again next year.

I need something to get my mind off of the fact that the world is ending and it is all Tom Brady and the Patriots fans fault. If Pats fans had a soul you would think they would be freaking out about their role in the destruction of the planet, but in all likelihood they are probably just masturbating to Brady pictures.

Speaking of Zelda, I actually did finish Skyward Sword. The kids were visiting their grandmom and it still took me like 8 days to finish it. This game unfortunately looks even larger which is unfortunate for me. But being the hard worker I am I will keep plugging away until it is finished. I don't want you all to be keeping all the switch magic to yourselves!

I thought you had more work than there are hours in the day?

When are your kids going to hit that nice "maintenance free" age range so you can hang out by yourself? I imagine 8 year olds or something is easier than 4 or 5.

squicken

CyomF7IWQAAF6Jx.jpg:large

CyomHabW8AAVE2C.jpg:large

bionic77

I thought you had more work than there are hours in the day?

When are your kids going to hit that nice "maintenance free" age range so you can hang out by yourself? I imagine 8 year olds or something is easier than 4 or 5.
The solution to the too much work thing is obviously to sleep and exercise less and better use that time towards the Switch. The end of December and beginning of January is actually pretty dead for me. Would have been the perfect time for my arcade machine and switch, but of course I don't get the machine until February and the Switch will probably be delayed to June knowing Nintendo.

And as for the kids and less time? My wife is a Tiger Mom so we spend way too much time on a futile attempt to make them into super children. I am guessing when they are teenagers I won't have to look after them but I will probably lose that time going to endless soccer and basketball games. Speaking of kids they are way smarter than we were when I was growing up. My daughter is five and reads and writes at a 2nd grade level (though to be fair her handwriting is not at that level), meaning she is already smarter than Gata and Floyd combined.

Because of the Pats/Trump combination trying to destroy our planet I am going to get back into the hobby again next year.

I need something to get my mind off of the fact that the world is ending and it is all Tom Brady and the Patriots fans fault. If Pats fans had a soul you would think they would be freaking out about their role in the destruction of the planet, but in all likelihood they are probably just masturbating to Brady pictures.

Speaking of Zelda, I actually did finish Skyward Sword. The kids were visiting their grandmom and it still took me like 8 days to finish it. This game unfortunately looks even larger which is unfortunate for me. But being the hard worker I am I will keep plugging away until it is finished. I don't want you all to be keeping all the switch magic to yourselves!
Glad to hear you're getting your priorities straight.

At 8-4 the Dolphins would have less than a 50% chance of making the playoffs... How? Bills would have a better chance even though they've lost to the Dolphins and have one more loss? This chart makes no sense.

squicken

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

Wait...

panthersoffensiveline_zpseitq0vgg.png

lol nvm

Who the fuck is Dan France?

EDIT: The NFL byke

Greg AielloVerified account
‏@gregaiello
Overnight TV rating for last night's #DALvsMIN game on NBC+NFLN: 14.1,
second best ever for TNF behind 2015 Den-KC on CBS+NFLN 14.3.

Seems like WAS and the Giants have the WC locked down in the NFC. With Gronk out the AFC seems up for grabs so at least the playoffs will be interesting.

bionic77

Glad to hear you're getting your priorities straight.

At 8-4 the Dolphins would have less than a 50% chance of making the playoffs... How? Bills would have a better chance even though they've lost to the Dolphins and have one more loss? This chart makes no sense.
Yeah Steelers playoff chances seem way too high...

MechDX

Usually dont listen to In the Loop on 610 but my car radio was on 610 yesterday afternoon and I caught this segment
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2016/12/01/how-predictable-is-the-houston-texans-offense/

Former NFL DB Stanford Routt was in studio and said one of the biggest issues with the Texans offense is how predictable it is.

Basically said this is the gameplan:
1st down: Run with Miller
2nd down: Run with miller
3rd down: Pass to Feidorwicz
4th down: punt

Next series:
1st down: Run with Miller
2nd down: deep pass to fuller
3rd down: curl/dig route to Hopkins

Wash, rinse repeat. I thought about it and he is right. They run basically this on repeat nearly the entire game. This is a former DB watching on TV seeing this.

bionic77

Wow, I'm impressed you beat a game that released post 2010. I'm proud of you Bionic. May the Switch bless you and your family.
Also finished some 3DS games and Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid in that time!

Might get a NES mini or whatever they are called if I can find one and play some of that shit during the holidays.

Thank you for the kind words Spin. I wish Switches and happiness to all Spinlucks everywhere!

squicken

Who to believe?

Both are true. The Vikings defense has blown three or four 4Q leads this year, even if they have played really well. Of course last night counts as a blown 4Q lead even if it came on a the heels of a botched punt.

The nonsense in the first DET game will likely be the game that keeps them out of the playoffs

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFL officiating Crews will expand from six to eight people full time next year

Larger crews is kinda a meh solution to the problem.

Get enough people on the field and they'll just start deferring to the higher authority (the ref) anyway.

Why the hell can't the league office review shit?

The special teams blew it. The defense was amazing.
Was the defense not allowed to stop them after the bad punt? Twice the offense gave them the lead late in the 4th quarter against fatty and both times the D let the lions score. Their D is really good except for that one last stop the team needs to win. It really is bizarre.

bionic77

Officiating is actually really hard.

People just have to accept that mistakes will happen and the NFL should just keep trying for the current and future refs to do a better job.

Don't let the game come to a point where the refs decide it. You play for 60 minutes and will get the ball at least 7 or 8 times. Plenty of time to decide who the better team is. I will still be mad if the refs try to fuck the Steelers (as they did in Indy in 2005, Jesus Christ did the refs earn their money that night). But even with the fix in (fuck you J Bettis forever), Steelers still made enough plays to win (thank you drunken kicker whose name I forgot how to spell).

Hindl

Both defense plays well most of the time but they have blown multiple leads in the 4th quarter this year

The "blown lead" in last nights game was because the ST fumbled on the 8. I'm not gonna fault the defense too much for being unable to prevent them from getting 8 yards

Sephzilla

The only part I really don't like about NFL officiating is that officials are protected. There's no post game press conferences by the refs and there's very little public accountability

Are you not done with football after all, friend?

For this season, I am pretty much done. With the Trump support and Gronk injured, I can't really muster any enthusiasm. But I'll watch the occasional game and of course will still post in here. You guys rely too much on me to keep the post quality up (and to keep you off page 2 when you guys are sleeping).

Good thing Chelsea is at the top of the table to at least have some sports succes in my life!

MechDX

Officiating is actually really hard.

People just have to accept that mistakes will happen and the NFL should just keep trying for the current and future refs to do a better job.

Don't let the game come to a point where the refs decide it. You play for 60 minutes and will get the ball at least 7 or 8 times. Plenty of time to decide who the better team is. I will still be mad if the refs try to fuck the Steelers (as they did in Indy in 2005, Jesus Christ did the refs earn their money that night). But even with the fix in (fuck you J Bettis forever), Steelers still made enough plays to win (thank you drunken kicker whose name I forgot how to spell).

The fix is in!

For this season, I am pretty much done. With the Trump support and Gronk injured, I can't really muster any enthusiasm. But I'll watch the occasional game and of course will still post in here. You guys rely too much on me to keep the post quality up (and to keep you off page 2 when you guys are sleeping).

Good thing Chelsea is at the top of the table to at least have some sports succes in my life!
Can't muster enthusiasm for your team when they have the best record in the AFC and are heading towards a #1 seed in the playoffs... Pull yourself together, dweebo! God forbid the day the Pats actually have a bad record...

I've been slacking on my premier league watching this season. If Chelsea is leading I guess I made the right call.

MechDX

Can't muster enthusiasm for your team when they have the best record in the AFC and are heading towards a #1 seed in the playoffs... Pull yourself together, dweebo! God forbid the day the Pats actually have a bad record...

I've been slacking on my premier league watching this season. If Chelsea is leading I guess I made the right call.

tempspt_dsd_jjwatt01--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

We are ALL Chelsea fans!

Yes

No

Hunter S.

Broncos have a tough back half, one of the hardest in the league. They better play hungry and channel their inner Tebow. As has been said the past two years, fuck this offensive line. The worst link.

bionic77

I just got off the phone with Evilore and he gave it the okay. Kid Rock's "Bawitdaba" is the official song of NFL-GAF.
Why must you be like this?

What happened to the old Ninja?

He would be in line with me and DM for the Switch launch. What happened to that guy? That guy got it. The current version of Scooter will probably be in line for Uggs while me and the rest of NFL GAF enter the next step of gaming with the Switch.

:(

Top Bottom