• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

Jarnet87

What do they use the PC for?

If they game, use are power MS Office users or work with photoshop or video editing software, stay away. Otherwise it's the best PC purchase you'll ever make for them.

My mom uses word here and there at home, otherwise it's just to browse the internet, check email and play facebook games. The only other issue I could foresee was printing. I was hoping a bestbuy would have one on display to try.

Nafai1123

Banned
No. KC fan base compared to Dallas, Pats and Raiders is tiny. I read an article the other day that the Raiders and Cowboys have a bigger fan base than the rest of the NFL combined, minus the Patriots. Can't remember where though.

The Cowboys makes sense but I'm surprised the Raiders would have such a large national fanbase. I thought they were a pretty small market team.

WedgeX

Banned
Somehow I have missed singing the praises of the now-returned Joique Bell to the Lions!

kg7gcq7.gif

n089zJ3.gif

And as always, a security guy at heart.

5N42x8q.jpg

Here's to hoping for a career day in his return, like Kevin Smith before him.

Dishwalla

Banned
The Cowboys makes sense but I'm surprised the Raiders would have such a large national fanbase. I thought they were a pretty small market team.

Nah you see Raiders stuff anywhere you go around the country. I see the Raiders shield quite often around here in Virginia. See it quite a bit in South Carolina too when I'm down there.

Pats signed the guy who snapped that one fake punt (yeah, that one) for the Colts against the Pats.

Was he an insider all along? Is he doing it?

Next Patriots cheating scandal that's going to come out is they've been secretly paying players on other teams to help them fix games

Zeke

Yeah, I can see that. Probably why KC isn't getting as much media coverage as the others too.

I meant more for the "Cowboys vs Indians" schlock we'd sure to get. Or the reverse, with everyone trying as hard as they possibly can to NOT mention Cowboys and Indians.
Or it would be the team formally known as the Dallas Texans vs the Dallas Cowboys

this_guy

My mom uses word here and there at home, otherwise it's just to browse the internet, check email and play facebook games. The only other issue I could foresee was printing. I was hoping a bestbuy would have one on display to try.

Printing should be fine. Google has cloud drivers or something and it works. Although a guy I knew went to Best Buy and they told him you can't print or open PDFs with a Chromebook. They tried to sell him a PC and upsell him with some antivirus stuff. He bought a Chromebook and couldn't be happier.

Also, gestures on the Chromebook track pad make web browsing much nicer than using a Windows laptop.

The teams that were really big and successful in the 60s and 70s (cowboys, raiders, packers, dolphins, steelers) all have pretty big national followings, since there weren't as many teams back them I guess people just latched on to whoever was good.

bionic77

Anyone have experience with Chromeboxes? Parents old computer is dirt slow and these look like a decent cheaper alternative. Will olds be able to use these.
iPads are the best for olds.

If your parents know how to actually use a computer they may want something more involving then chromebook or tablet.

Next Patriots cheating scandal that's going to come out is they've been secretly paying players on other teams to help them fix games

Don't forget about the head coaches Bill installed at teams that were closing in on actually becoming good.

He's destroying teams from the inside. This is 4D chess.

(There was a fantastic "article" about this theory, let me see if I can find it)

Edit: http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/11/18/5117934/easily-the-best-conspiracy-theory-ever

slabrock

Banned
My mom uses the computer for facebook/pinterest and pogo games so I bought her a chromebox when hers broke and she loves it. Super easy to use and setup. I no longer have to go over to do tech support. Just be aware of the limitations.

No. KC fan base compared to Dallas, Pats and Raiders is tiny. I read an article the other day that the Raiders and Cowboys have a bigger fan base than the rest of the NFL combined, minus the Patriots. Can't remember where though.

Hmm I thought it was
1) Dallas
2) Pittsburgh
3) Denver

Fox318

Yeah the Jets owner is buds with Mike Pence isn't he?

He bankrolled the GOP convention in 2012. For the past 10 years he's one of the largest republican fundraisers out there.

I don't think he's ever not hired people base on their political beliefs but Kaepernick is an exception and many owners (of whom I would bet he is one of them) believe his protest has hurt the league financially this year.

Not to mention that the the jets need to build a team. A bunch of guys coming in 9-5 concentrating on winning and not their brand (Sanchez), their message(Kaepernick), or their paycheck (Revis).

Plus the local radio and the papers would lose their shit every week and I wouldn't be shocked if ad stop buying from the Jets and from radio stations.

Jarnet87

iPads are the best for olds.

If your parents know how to actually use a computer they may want something more involving then chromebook or tablet.

It's a Chromebox not a Chromebook or Tablet I am looking for. They don't need portability. They just want to spend as little as possible since it's for extremely basic tasks and minimal use. If anything I will just get them the cheapest Dell or HP Desktop.

Bucs don't need Douglas for Sunday, just let Quizz Quizz all over those Aints.

Top Bottom