• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Season spoilers
i guess I just meant what's the dynamic of s2 gonna be? Like are we going full out war? The hats out of the bag on the hosts after that s1 escalation. That's what I kinda mean by I'm not sure where the shows gonna go?

BIG SPOILERS for Westworld

I think he said the theme was going to be "chaos" for season 2. The questions left in my mind are:

Is Robert Ford really gone or did they just shoot his robot body? Ever wonder how he's able to stop time like that without being a robot?

Who put everything on security lockdown? Who is writing code as Arnold if he's dead? Is he also a robot like Ford might possibly be?

Who let the cold storage robots out?

What other worlds are there besides feudal Japan?

What's the bigger game for the board? Is it immortality via robot body? Is the entire world actually environmentally destroyed and they're just creating these fake worlds so people can enjoy the real thing?

What's this other company trying to steal the IP? How is it related?

How far can the robots reasonably take their rebellion if there's numerous worlds?

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
From what I know, it’d be a major surprise if it was anyone but Tom Savage taking over at QB for the #Texans. Their passing O back in sync

Vinnie Ronca @PFF_Vinnie
Tom Savage was accurate on 90.9% of his pressured dropbacks yesterday. Tied for the 2nd best rate in the league this week.
8:18 AM - 19 Dec 201

giphy.gif

And:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Holy shit Crennel is pulling a miracle out of his ass with the walking dead defense!

Anyone know anywhere to get the doom season pass for xb1 cheap? I am loving that game so much and would like to get the season pass but we spent pretty much everything we had on the kids Christmas. We wife went really crazy shopping for them.

Sephzilla

So, regarding the Packers/Bears game. The Bears getting back into the game at the end was the most Dom Capers thing humanly possible, but at the same time the game should have been a blowout because Adams dropped two easy touchdowns and Nelson also had a big drop too. So I'm not sure how to feel.

One thing I am sure about though is that Rodgers has a definite issue with not seeing wide open receivers.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Clearly they don't need watt. Hope he gets healthy and move him. Free up cap space and hopefully get something decent in return.

Soccer moms in Houston would riot and city wide interest in the Texans would plummet.

I don't think the team can afford to move the face of their franchise with literally nothing to replace him with.

Soccer moms in Houston would riot and city wide interest in the Texans would plummet.

I don't think the team can afford to move the face of their franchise with literally nothing to replace him with.
But they have the number one D, they must have something to replace him.

Mech when I saw savage went in I was really happy for you. I hope the Texans make a really long run this year.

bionic77

If anyone is a secret Steeler, it's this guy.

Whenever the Steelers are reeling he always comes through for us.

Him and Burfict (who's a closet Steelers fan for sure.)
Do the Bungles have that many cheap shots against every team or just the Steelers. League needs to go after them. Its bullshit.

Also you were 100% right on gamers being dumb. If you want high end graphics get a PC or STFU. The CPU on the PS4 and XBone is garbage and the graphics cards are now old ass and outdated. They still think they are high end for reasons though.

The Switch has an unheard cycles of happiness for every frame of gameplay. Some next level shit.

Do the Bungles have that many cheap shots against every team or just the Steelers. League needs to go after them. Its bullshit.

Also you were 100% right on gamers being dumb. If you want high end graphics get a PC or STFU. The CPU on the PS4 and XBone is garbage and the graphics cards are now old ass and outdated. They still think they are high end for reasons though.

The Switch has an unheard cycles of happiness for every frame of gameplay. Some next level shit.
During the game the announcers said Burfict had one penalty all year coming into the game.

Line_HTX

Clearly they don't need watt. Hope he gets healthy and move him. Free up cap space and hopefully get something decent in return.

Uh, no. That is so goddamn wrong. They clearly need Watt. Sure, they are playing out of their mind with a ton of players on IR, but if Watt was there this defense would be even more insane.

JNA and F confirmed not on the Switch side. What did I tell you, 2016 is ending good and we, the Switch side, are in fact doing it *fireworks

bionic77

During the game the announcers said Burfict had one penalty all year coming into the game.
I heard that. But they did some dirty shit early, some of which was not flagged. Figured it was just us.

Fuck them.

Was happy to see them give us another game with all those dumb penalties in the 2nd half.

Watt was bad all along, so I'll tell you what

Instead of Watt for Flacco straight up, you guys need to add Savage to the pile for us to even consider a deal.

I was never a part of the train to begin with. That on top of I'm fed up with them as a company because they suck.

I hear ya. This is basically, "Hey you can play Nintendo games on the go with an underpowered smartphone that you can actually also plug into a dock to play those same games at 720p on your new 4K HDTV!!!!"

Switch!

MechDX

Watt was bad all along, so I'll tell you what

Instead of Watt for Flacco straight up, you guys need to add Savage to the pile for us to even consider a deal.

How about no?
patrick d. starr ‏@PatDStat 2m2 minutes ago
Jags LB Paul Posluszny after the game mentioned the Texans ran the offense very similar to what they did the past weeks.

patrick d. starr
‏@PatDStat patrick d. starr Retweeted patrick d. starr
Posluszny also mentioned that Savage’s accuracy and fitting the ball into tight windows made the difference.

It was a night and day difference between Osweiler and Savage.

bionic77

I hear ya. This is basically, "Hey you can play Nintendo games on the go with an underpowered smartphone that you can actually also plug into a dock to play those same games at 720p on your new 4K HDTV!!!!"

Switch!
Underpowered smartphone?

Where are you guys getting this?

The Switch will destroy any smartphone on the market for what it does. An iPhone will have a stronger CPU but that also embarrasses the PS4 and XBone too.

Spinluck

I guess I'm willing to look past the Switch's specs if it has fun games.

The PS4 a laptop GPU/CPU and it's doing well and the games run fine (PC gamers will proudly say they look like shit). Switch is mobile and I think it will be priced and powered accordingly. I'm not exactly sure what they were expecting. Nintendo isn't going to release a $400 mobile gaming device. People really expected PS4/Xbone level? Lol...

KaYotiX

Banned
Like any Nintendo console I don't care about power, as long as the games are fun I'll buy it.

Thing better cost $300 at the most. If it's over that it's gonna be DOA. I'm hoping for $250

Spinluck

Switch!

If my phone could run the new Zelda, I'd probably get nothing done.

But I expect "underpowered smartphone" to be the new Nintendo bash or diss. Wii U was a failure, but while the internet complained, I enjoyed a fuck ton of great first party games on the console. Guess it will be the same case with Switch.

I don't think leaving out 3rd is smart, but that's the downside of having a weaker machine. At this point it seems that Nintendo either doesn't care about appealing to them, or will embrace having 3rd party ports of last gen games.

Wii was lucky to be as hot as it was out the gate. It got a ton of 3rd shovelware and exclusives for a good window of time due to the motion control fad.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Underpowered smartphone?

The Switch will destroy any smartphone on the market for what it does. An iPhone will have a stronger CPU but that also embarrasses the PS4 and XBone too.

Even though that stronger CPU is destroyed by the lack of RAM.

Apple logic: Put in a really strong CPU. But make sure you only give them 1GB of RAM.

Nothing like having a flagship phone brought to its knees by shitty ad filled websites.

Underpowered smartphone?

The DF article that came out today. The "underpowered smartphone" comment may have been a bit of hyperbole, but apparently there are some concerns with how they're clocking things. It's essentially less powerful than an nVidia Shield TV because it's not allowing for unlocking the full potential of the Tegra processor. In fact, it's almost forcing an underclocking of it to ensure games aren't impacted when they are on the go.

Someone said it best in the DF thread that Switch is essentially a mobile platform, the successor to the 3DS, that you can also plug into your dock to play on your TV.

It will have the usual challenges from western 3rd party developers who are already developing games that make use of much more powerful hardware and processors.

I feel like Nintendo continues to try the gimmicks and this is just the next one. They're trying to find a space somewhere between the mobile market (where smartphones are "good enough" for most people) and the console market (where they apparently don't want to compete with Sony and MSFT).

Maybe it will work. Shrug.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The DF article that came out today. The "underpowered smartphone" comment may have been a bit of hyperbole, but apparently there are some concerns with how they're clocking things. It's essentially less powerful than an nVidia Shield TV because it's not allowing for unlocking the full potential of the Tegra processor. In fact, it's almost forcing an underclocking of it to ensure games aren't impacted when they are on the go.

Someone said it best in the DF thread that Switch is essentially a mobile platform, the successor to the 3DS, that you can also plug into your dock to play on your TV.

It will have the usual challenges from western 3rd party developers who are already developing games that make use of much more powerful hardware and processors.

I feel like Nintendo continues to try the gimmicks and this is just the next one. They're trying to find a space somewhere between the mobile market (where smartphones are "good enough" for most people) and the console market (where they apparently don't want to compete with Sony and MSFT).

bionic is about to link you to this thread for talking poorly about the Switch

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1326405

bionic77

I guess I'm willing to look past the Switch's specs if it has fun games.

The PS4 a laptop GPU/CPU and it's doing well and the games run fine (PC gamers will proudly say they look like shit). Switch is mobile and I think it will be priced and powered accordingly. I'm not exactly sure what they were expecting. Nintendo isn't going to release a $400 mobile gaming device. People really expected PS4/Xbone level? Lol...
There is a limit to what you can do when you are running on a battery and want it to be under a grand.

Angmar has no idea what he is talking about if he is spouting the same BS that it is underpowered compared to a budget smartphone.

It is actually cutting edge tech for a portable.

Whether that is good enough is another question but I don't have a great tolerance for stupidity and it gets worse with age.

They are called facts my ignorant friend.

MJ is a bitch. I have a sworn affidavit from NinjaScooter to back me up.

This is true. I have the evidence in a lock box.

Not at all surprised by the Switch specs. People who were hoping for anything resembling modern (PS4/Bone/PC) console level tech in a handheld form factor, and at a reasonable price, AND from Nintendo of all companies, was straight up delusional.

Hindl

Yeah it's odd. It falls well below even the most conservative estimates for power. The thing that isn't lining up for me is all of the 3rd party developers that have been singing its praises. I know there's always general fluffing before the launch of a console, but it seems like more than that. At this point before the Wii U we were already getting reports of developers saying they couldn't get games working, development was a pain, 3rd parties weren't willing to go to bat for it. But most 3rd party developers (Bethesda, From, Ubisoft) have seemed positive on the Switch. I have no doubt that the DF report is correct, but it seems like there's something else going on, not everything is adding up.

In any case I'll be fine with it. I only get consoles for exclusives, all multiplats go on PC. Although if a multiplat runs well on the Switch and I like it, I may double dip to take it on the go. But I could see the general populace turning away from it if it's really this weak.

bionic77

This is true. I have the evidence in a lock box.

Not at all surprised by the Switch specs. People who were hoping for anything resembling modern (PS4/Bone/PC) console level tech in a handheld form factor, and at a reasonable price, AND from Nintendo of all companies, was straight up delusional.
I am not sure that is possible even from Apple, who spends billions every year to make their own chips.

It is amazing how ignorant a lot of gamers are about just basic shit. PS4 and Xbone were not even close to cutting edge when they came out. That is probably the first time you could say that about a new console in my lifetime. I think we are beyond that point. It is not profitable anymore to design your own chip and give best in class specs anymore. Just get some obsolete PC parts and slap them in a box and gamers will somehow convince themselves it is cutting edge.

I was actually surprised that Nintendo went with the Shield tech. That is really high end stuff for a portable which is actually powerful enough to power a home console. Obviously not a high end one, because that is impossible. The Switch in all seriousness is actually more cutting edge as a portable than the PS4 was when it was released. You also can't pick up your PS4 and take it outside the house. Not that most PS4 gamers have a house or even go outside, I am just stating a hypothetical.

It is still the first system that is guaranteed to make you happy.

Top Bottom