• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Wake will surely one day enter the Miami Dolphins’ Ring of Honor. But here’s what Wake is on the verge of doing for the first time as an NFL player — actually participating in a playoff game. Think about how much that would mean to Wake…

Hope the Dolphins make it...just for that

What if I had told you at 1-4 the Dolphins would win eight of nine?… What if I had told you Miami would lose these players to serious injury or retirement — Ryan Tannehill, Arian Foster, Jordan Cameron, Mike Pouncey, Koa Misi, Reshad Jones and Xavien Howard — and be within striking distance of the playoffs? Adam Gase deserves votes for NFL Coach of the Year, no matter what happens the last two weeks. At 11-5, he should win the award.

I agree

MechDX

lololol

Tom's face is killing me

Soon....

post-35374-nicolas-cage-fist-bump-gif-Con-8QKy.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They fired Bradley right after the game? Did they give him the Lane Kiffin treatment and leave him at the airport?

Fitts

Holy shit that Mixon vid. I can't even begin to understand the mentality you need to have to throw a punch like that. He didn't even give it a second thought. I've been pushed/slapped by women before (albeit out of frustration with my tendency to be flippant and not done with outright malice) and my immediate response was to throw my hands up in surrender. I've had no problem standing my ground with dudes, though.

And yes, I realize that I'm kind of fueling a societal double standard with my actions, but it's one that I personally believe should be upheld.

Sorry for dragging that shit into here but... fuck.

squicken

I was listening to a Vikings podcast and they were saying that there is very little positive to say about Treadwell behind the scenes. Almost talking like he is already a bust. Spielman has been great at drafting defense, but on offense he has had little success. Diggs is really the only guy that he has drafted that will be a 2017 starter. That's how you end up with a bottom 5 offense

e:

Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN

Mike Zimmer on Anthony Barr in recent weeks: "He could do a lot better."

In what areas? "All."

God damn. Zimmer no holds Barred

Dishwalla

Banned
The Chiefs and Broncos fan forums are funny right now. There's almost as much infighting on Orange Mane as there was in the Broncos locker room.

bionic77

BG just messaged me.

Its official.

The new definition for basic bitch is one who trolls or doubts the Nintendo Switch.

Let it be written and acknowledged as of 08:08:08 of December 19, 2016 that BG officially did it.

Prepare for the turnaround. What a time to be alive.

Farooq

Banned
Zeke about to break this rushing record and a bit of Dickerson's pride. There were some people out there saying if he did not break 2000 with this Oline it would be a wasted pick, already one of the best closers in all of football.

Anybody else somewhat excited to have Randy Gregory back for at least one week? Our rotation will actually be good with D law and Irving on the left side, Mayowa(who has stepped up both in pass and run the last two weeks) and Gregory on the right

I am excited to see what Gregory can do, he has the measurables to be a great speed rusher.

So Switch is a powerful handheld that can also dock for TV output. Sounds fantastic to me.

I have the PS4 Pro and PC for the more graphically intensive stuff. You buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games, not cutting edge power. SNES days were cool and all but that was a long time ago.

bionic77

So Switch is a powerful handheld that can also dock for TV output. Sounds fantastic to me.

I have the PS4 Pro and PC for the more graphically intensive stuff. You buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games, not cutting edge power. SNES days were cool and all but that was a long time ago.
No consoles have been cutting edge for a long time.

Let's stop pretending and start lining up for Switch.

MechDX

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 43s44 seconds ago O'Brien: "Feel like Tom Savage gives us the best chance to win. We will see what he can do for us Saturday against the Bengals."

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 2m2 minutes ago
Bill O'Brien says @TomSavage03 will start Saturday night against Cincinnati

giphy.gif

squicken

NFL Research ‏@NFLResearch

Since Week 6, Jared Goff (65.7) & Carson Wentz (70.2) have the 2 lowest passer ratings in the NFL (min 150 att)

First 2 picks in 2016 draft

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Savage future

ecILdN2.gif

Thankful for the Jags this holiday season.

No consoles have been cutting edge for a long time.

Let's stop pretending and start lining up for Switch.
In terms of tech that might be true but PS4 is a big step up from PS3 and is really coming into its own nowadays. Uncharted 4 looks incredible, for instance. Go look up some videos of The Witcher 3. There's only so much you can ask for to begin with as we've been dealing with diminishing returns for awhile now.

I know you booted up a game or two on your PS4 when you first bought it but you might be surprised to learn there are still new games coming out for it. :)

bionic77

In terms of tech that might be true but PS4 is a big step up from PS3 and is really coming into its own nowadays. Uncharted 4 looks incredible, for instance. Go look up some videos of The Witcher 3. There's only so much you can ask for to begin with as we've been dealing with diminishing returns for awhile now.

I know you booted up a game or two on your PS4 when you first bought it but you might be surprised to learn there are still new games coming out for it. :)
I don't dispute anything you said.

I think graphics have been good enough for awhile.

Fox318

Why can't Nintendo just make a regular system? Why is there always a gimmick?

they don't have the talent to make a compelling modern videogame system.

nor do they have the balls to sell a system at a loss because they know nobody will buy a 3rd party game.

Plus they are run by idiots who if they could would probably make wired controllers to save cost.

This isn't really a gimmick, honestly. 3DS is much more successful for them than Wii U so why not make the next system more versatile and give it docking/TV output functionality? This allows them to combine all of their development efforts into one system instead of splitting resources between handheld and console. The market for "powerful" consoles is pretty well owned by MS and Sony at this point, Nintendo is being smart and leveraging their greatest strength to create a portable that is versatile enough to be used as a home console. It's the smart approach, in my opinion.

MechDX

James Palmer ‏@JamesPalmerTV 14m14 minutes ago
Bill O'Brien actually tried to recruit Tom Savage out of high school when he was a college coach. He's known him that long.

Didnt know this.

C0ETTctUkAAIsOx.jpg:large

"there are a lot of things not in my control"--interesting comment

Why do people want three of the same console? The PS4 and the XBone already exist, and between them share 95 percent of games. What benefit is it to anybody to have Assassins Creed 6 come out for 3 consoles (and PC) where the only major difference is the controller?

I don't care about specs or p's or K's, especially not in my Nintendo

The Wii was their big gamble and it paid off in such a way it made them think more gimmicks was what people wanted. It coming at a time when the biggest games in the industry were Rock Band and Guitar Hero didn't exactly dissuade that mentality. The decline just makes it appear like the particular gimmick they sell wasn't the best or most likable one, not the concept of "more gimmicks" itself being bad.

Also if you want certain stuff, there's already the PC and the PS4/Xbone. Gotta stand out somehow, otherwise why would people get your product

MechDX

Mark Berman
‏@MarkBermanFox26
Bill O'Brien on Tom Savage:"He can throw throw the football&that more than anything can spark a team,is when u complete some passes" #Texans

Damn . BOB throwing shade at Brock? Savage

Fox318

Bullshit Ninetndo didn't try to get people to make games for their systems.

They had an online infrastructure that the people from amazon could do better.

They refuse to evolve because it could cost them money to spend the R&D so they are content with rehashing 30 year old ips and coasting.

Its why more kids are playing with their iphones and not nintendo products.

Top Bottom