• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

The best rivalry in football (still, after all these years) comes to a head on Christmas day. I know what I want from Santa - The Steelers as AFC North champs and the Ratbirds out of the playoffs.

Think the Steelers can beat the Pats in the playoffs? I trust the Ravens more even after their loss.

I think they have the horses, but to be completely honest Ben has been playing like a dog's breakfast on the road this year and the playoffs are likely going to go through Foxborough. Steelers will already be behind the 8 ball there what with the Patriots scrambling their opponents communications by default, road game Ben shows up and it's curtains.

I think they have the horses, but to be completely honest Ben has been playing like a dog's breakfast on the road this year and the playoffs are likely going to go through Foxborough. Steelers will already be behind the 8 ball there what with the Patriots scrambling their opponents communications by default, road game Ben shows up and it's curtains.
Ugh, truth is we both know no one is beating the Pats in Foxborough. They are waltzing to the SB. If the Steelers are there you have my sword, though!

Don't forget the warm Gatorade

Can we all agree to wait until at least the Week 17 game before having a strong opinion on Savage's performance either way

Because let's be honest. Xmas Eve, we all know he's getting the W

Bengals made Yates look like a HOFer AND gave Weeden his first win. Unless you're Manziel, there is no better confidence-boost opponent for a rookie and/or Texans QB to face

MechDX

The Titans worry me more than the rest of the field.

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

MechDX

Can we all agree to wait until at least the Week 17 game before having a strong opinion on Savage's performance either way

Because let's be honest. Xmas Eve, we all know he's getting the W

Bengals made Yates look like a HOFer AND gave Weeden his first win. Unless you're Manziel, there is no better confidence-boost opponent for a rookie and/or Texans QB to face

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/12/19/14012872/texans-starting-tom-savage-brock-osweiler-vs-bengals

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: The Texans will be using a backup quarterback when they take on the Bengals.

Whether it’s been T.J. Yates, Ryan Mallett, or even Yates again, the Bengals seem to always have the luck of facing Houston just as they’re going to a new quarterback, and this year will be no different.

Hey, It's no big deal...
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT…HE IS A ROOKIE TEXANS QB!!! Surely our coaching staff with have a gameplan that will not be any problem!! We ALWAYS do well against Texans rookie QB’s.

TJ has Bengals fans shook

Miguel

Starting to lean towards BOB being Mason.

Sunday afternoon
Reporter
Who do you plan on starting against the Bengals?

BOB
thumbsup.jpg

Savage
giphy.gif

MechDX

Got damn Miguel! We should bring Keenum back as Toms backup. :)

Tom Savage opens possibilities for Texans' offense

Savage led the offense on five scoring drives in the game's final 32 minutes, leaving O'Brien with little choice but to ride the hot hand at the sport's most valuable position.

Sporting an easy, natural throwing motion with a stronger arm and a softer touch, Savage re-opened possibilities outside the numbers and down the field.

The contrast in trust level was evident when O'Brien called for a shotgun pass attempt on fourth-and-goal from the 1-yard line on Savage's 2016 debut drive. Allowing the inexperienced signal-caller to develop a rhythm, O'Brien proceeded to dial up 10 consecutive pass attempts on one fourth-quarter field-goal drive.

Although Savage lacks Osweiler's mobility, he's noticeably calmer and more compact in the pocket. Pro Football Focus tracked Osweiler with a 0.0 passer rating on four dropbacks under pressure compared to Savage's 101.7 mark on 12 such attempts.

To be clear, no one is painting Savage as the savior.

Fuck You. I am

Syrinx

So say the Redskins follow squicken's advice and don't bring back Cousins.

How much money is he looking at on the open market, and who ends up giving it to him?

Drakeon

So say the Redskins follow squicken's advice and don't bring back Cousins.

How much money is he looking at on the open market, and who ends up giving it to him?

More than Osweiler. He gets at least $80-100 million guaranteed based on his season thus far.

However, I do not think the Redskins will let him go. I think they pay him, they have no backup plan.

I was actually looking at Eddie George's Wikipedia page the other day and looking at his career stats and he may have been one of the most overrated players in recent history.

MechDX

Only hope is that the Bills quit at the first sign of adversity because I honestly think they are the better team. Gase has proven me wrong a lot this year, though.

Yeah, whatever happens though it's been a fun year though, not at all what I expected.

I messed with a playoff generator last night and came up with a not that far fetched scenario where the Texans and Dolphins make the playoffs and face off in the wildcard round. :)

of course this scenario petrifies me as I see TJ coming back to Houston and using his Cincy voodoo against us :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So it looks like the winner of the NFC North will almost certainly play the Giants Wildcard Weekend unless the Cowboys just collapse.

New York is going to knock us out of the playoffs....again!

So it looks like the winner of the NFC North will almost certainly play the Giants Wildcard Weekend unless the Cowboys just collapse.

New York is going to knock us out of the playoffs....again!

I hope so, I'd much rather play the Giants than the Packers

Top Bottom