• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

DMczaf

kySyxlv.jpg

ThatsMyQb! and he had a fort. One of us!

No girls allowed, right ?!

The Way We See It: Time for Elway to take some blame for Denver Broncos' struggles

Finally, somebody in the fucking media doesn't give Elway a pass for every fuck up this calendar year in all aspects of the team. About damn time somebody decided to hold him accountable instead of sucking his genius off.

There was no way they could have signed Jackson. He played decent football until last year when he truly broke out. Elway had to sign Von Miller or Jackson. It's hard to say that he made the wrong choice. They lost a player to IR early this year that is a good run stopper. I think they will improve next year.

The offensive line was garbage. I'm hoping that he can fix that too. I think he will. Just look at his perfomrance as a GM:

He had Tim Tebow and an anemic offense. Two years later, the offense he built was the best of all time which took the team to the Super Bowl. Two years after that, he built one of the greatest defenses of all time which took the team to the Super Bowl.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If the Packers lose to Minnesota I the Packers are just about fucked in terms of the playoffs. Minnesota would leapfrog them in the Wild Card and in the NFC North because they'd have the tiebreaker in both. Green Bay's divisional hopes shift dramatically if they lose to Minnesota;

-- Dallas would need to beat Detroit
-- Green Bay would need to beat Detroit
-- Chicago would need to beat Minnesota
-- Tampa Bay would need to lose to either New Orleans or Carolina [Wild Card]

Forgot about Minnesota....

Chicago has to beat Minnesota?

They'd gladly lose on purpose to fuck us over

Packers are one game behind Detroit right now, and Packers/Lions face off in the final week.

Packers playoff scenarios
Packers can win the NFC North outright if they win out. They'd end up tied with Detroit, and win the tiebreaker for sweeping Detroit this season.
Packers can win the #6 wild card seed if they win out. At worst they'd end up tied with Tampa, and Green Bay wins the tiebreaker via strength of schedule
Packers can win the #5 wild card seed if they win out and the Giants lose out.

They'll get help Thursday, hopefully!

Sephzilla

Forgot about Minnesota....

Chicago has to beat Minnesota?

They'd gladly lose on purpose to fuck us over

That's just assuming the Packers lose to the Vikings this weekend. The Packers control their own destiny right now, if they win out they're in because 10-6 will win them the division.

If the Packers beat Minnesota but lose to Detroit, they'd need Tampa to drop a game and finish 9-7 as well. Packers have the tiebreaker over Tampa

They'll get help Thursday, hopefully!

That last scenario is impossible, actually. Packers can't get the #5 seed because if they win out they're division champs instead.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 5m5 minutes ago
Greg Cosell on Tom Savage: 'Lot to like. He throws it really well, Natural thrower, natural pocket passer. He looks like an NFL quarterback'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Greg Cosell on Tom Savage: 'Measured, deliberate, polish and refinement to him. Can drive the ball. Will stand and deliver and take a shot'

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Greg Cosell on Tom Savage: 'He will actually throw the ball when he's supposed to. He was feeding DeAndre Hopkins. That's in his DNA'

TlnPsB5.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That's just assuming the Packers lose to the Vikings this weekend. The Packers control their own destiny right now, if they win out they're in because 10-6 will win them the division.

If the Packers beat Minnesota but lose to Detroit, they'd need Tampa to drop a game and finish 9-7 as well. Packers have the tiebreaker over Tampa

That last scenario is impossible, actually. Packers can't get the #5 seed because if they win out they're division champs instead.

ESPN's playoff calculator was broken I suppose.

It's showing a three way tie at 9-7 in the NFC North going to Green Bay.

edit: the calculator says "Green Bay wins based on overall division record"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/12/20/report-nfl-gms-think-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-is-undraftable/

According to Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com, NFL general managers think that Mixon isn’t just undraftable, but that he might have a tough time getting a deal as an undrafted free agent:

Since the release of the video, general managers around the league have told those close to Mixon he won’t get drafted, there’s a possibility he won’t be signed as a free agent and he may not even receive an invitation to the combine should he declare for the draft.

Based on just his on-field talent, Mixon would likely be considered a first-round prospect were he to declare for the 2017 draft, but it’s obviously not that simple. The NFL has dealt with multiple domestic violence issues with players in recent years, and teams appear to be more unwilling than ever to risk bringing in a player with this time of incident on their record.

That said, it only takes one team to view the potential reward as greater than the risk, hoping a player can turn over a new leaf and stay out of trouble. It will be interesting to see if Mixon chooses to return to Oklahoma, or takes a chance by making the jump to the pros this offseason.

So which NFL team ends up giving Mixon a shot?

I believe that is correct.

Afaik, if tampa loses out and wash drops one more game and the pack beat minny but lose to det, we'd end up with the 6 seed. Win out == 4 seed.

Lose to minny + detroit wins next week == toast

WedgeX

Banned
If the Packers lose to Minnesota the Packers are just about fucked in terms of the playoffs. Minnesota would leapfrog them in the Wild Card and in the NFC North because they'd have the tiebreaker in both. Green Bay's playoff hopes shift dramatically if they lose to Minnesota;

-- Dallas would need to beat Detroit
-- Green Bay would need to beat Detroit

-- Chicago would need to beat Minnesota
-- Tampa Bay would need to lose to either New Orleans or Carolina [Wild Card]

I highly doubt Green Bay is getting into the playoffs at 9-7

Lets be real.

Green Bay has a good chance of these two happening.

Hindl

I wonder if the Mixon video is bad enough to overcome people's goldfish-like attention span. I feel like if he just stayed in college another year everyone will forget about it because this shit rarely sticks. I'd hope it'd stay with him but who knows

Doomsayer

I wonder if the Mixon video is bad enough to overcome people's goldfish-like attention span. I feel like if he just stayed in college another year everyone will forget about it because this shit rarely sticks. I'd hope it'd stay with him but who knows

I feel because there is video people will remember this. Unless some general managers think like other gaffers in the OT that she had it coming, I don't see him catching on.

Hindl

I feel because there is video people will remember this. Unless some general managers think like other gaffers in the OT that she had it coming, I don't see him catching on.

I was thinking that too, the only comparable case is Ray Rice. But it's not exactly fair, since Ray Rice was in the twilight of his career anyway, whereas Mixon looks like a bona fide stud on the field and would be entering the league at the still prime age of 22. Hopefully he can get blackballed though

Sephzilla

Ah yeah, in a three way tie the Packers win out I guess. I was thinking if the Vikings and Packers are head to head and the Lions lose out

Edit: So the Packers aren't completely fucked if they lose to Minnesota, but they'd still need some help

MechDX

This is when Mech is at his best.

Let me have this. :(

Been such a shitty year since week 3. I finally have hope again and he is a sexy motherfucker!

Tom-Savage.jpg

Looks of a young Tom Brady, the arm of his fellow Pittsburgh native Marino, wears the number of fellow low round draft pick Russell! All the stars are aligning!

Been such a shitty year since week 3. I finally have hope again and he is a sexy motherfucker!

Tom-Savage.jpg

Looks of a young Tom Brady, the arm of his fellow Pittsburgh native Marino, wears the number of fellow low round draft pick Russell! All the stars are aligning!

I'm being serious. I love the enthusiasm. Go hard or go home!

Tom-Savage.jpg

Please destroy the Bengals so Marvin Lewis gets fired ;_;

MechDX

looks like a young tom brady who got stung by 10,000 bees

Why you trying to bring me down?

So Mech, Nuk is back to WR1 status?

http://www.khou.com/sports/deandre-hopkins-excels-with-savage-at-qb/372775151

Before the change was made at quarterback, Hopkins was only targeted twice, one of which was intercepted. As soon as Savage came in, the young quarterbacked started looking for and found his best receiver. Hopkins was had 13 targets with 8 catches from the second quarter on.

“Yeah, I mean, it’s just being around him,” Savage said after the 21-20 come from behind win. “I mean, obviously not getting the physical reps with him but being around him for three years, you kind of know what he’s about and you know that he’s one of the best receivers in this league. It was good to show that today.”

Hopkins finished with 87 yards receiving.

Toms "woobie" and some savage shade at Brock

cdyhybrid

Tom-Savage.jpg

We did it! #blessed

It would be interesting to see a game where both teams are trying to lose

Remember the Sanchez/Rex Jets MNF game that ended with the commentator saying "UGLY, AND A LOSS"

That was a game where both teams tried to lose, but post-Buttfumble, the Jets just wanted the L more

Top Bottom