• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

Line_HTX

Starting to lean towards BOB being Mason.

Sunday afternoon
Reporter
Who do you plan on starting against the Bengals?

BOB
thumbsup.jpg

O'Brien is Billy Bob Thorton?

:O

I think the Packers can beat the Giants.
Honestly depends if Clutch Eli shows up in the game. The defense is great but the offense needs to make a statement.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone know if I can get four File Explorer windows linked together in a 2x2 grid, but considered one window? In Windows 10. I'm thinking something like Terminator for Linux, but File Explorer windows instead of terminals.

I can open four windows and snap them to corners of my monitor, but when I'm tabbing back and forth between an internet browser, some other programs, and four File Explorer windows it can get out of hand pretty quickly. Would like to just tab to one File Explorer window and have them all move to the front.

Screenshot for reference:

Easiest thing that comes to mind would be to create a new virtual desktop dedicated to the 4 windows you want open (Win key + Tab, select New Desktop in the bottom corner). Then you quickly can swap between desktops with Win key + CTRL + left/right arrow.

Not quite the same obviously as simple task switching, since alt-tabbing is restricted to whatever virtual desktop is currently active.

MechDX

Cruel: Tom Savage Now Demanding That Osweiler Call Him “Peyton”

Brock Osweiler has lost his job for the second December in a row, and now his bad week is only getting worse: replacement Tom Savage is demanding that Osweiler call him “Peyton”.

Savage is pulling out all the stops, having already adopted Peyton Manning’s Louisiana accent, despite being from Pennsylvania. He’s also taken to sneaking up behind Osweiler and screaming “Omaha!” at the top of his lungs whenever possible.

Line_HTX

The Way We See It: Time for Elway to take some blame for Denver Broncos' struggles

But looking forward to this season, Elway clearly had decisions to make at quarterback with Manning’s retirement and Brock Osweiler’s pending free agency. Running back C.J. Anderson was a free agent, the offensive line was a patchwork group at best by the end of last year and the middle on defense had two free agents in Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan.

With 20-20 hindsight, we can see Elway got almost all of it wrong.

The Broncos allowed both Jackson and Trevathan to leave via free agency and the run defense has fallen from third in the NFL last season to 29th this year.

On the offensive line, Elway made dramatic changes moving Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris, Evan Mathis and Louis Vasquez out and adding free agents Russell Okung and Donald Stephenson.

Denver was 17th in rushing and 19th in protecting the immobile Manning and Brock Osweiler in 2015. They are 27th in rushing and ranked 29th in protecting the quarterback this year.

Some of the decline in the ground game is due to the season-ending knee injury to C.J. Anderson suffered in a Week Seven win over Houston after Elway matched a four-year, $18 million offer sheet Anderson received from the Dolphins in free agency.

Finally, somebody in the fucking media doesn't give Elway a pass for every fuck up this calendar year in all aspects of the team. About damn time somebody decided to hold him accountable instead of sucking his genius off.

LJ11

So the Bills are underachieving big time.

5 of the Dolphins' 9 wins have come against the worst teams in the NFL.

Only hope is that the Bills quit at the first sign of adversity because I honestly think they are the better team. Gase has proven me wrong a lot this year, though.

Oh, no worries, this Bills team folds faster than a Christmas Card. Run game has been really good, but the deep shots from 2015 are gone. Tyrod was one of the best deep ball throwers last season, we don't have the same shot plays, injuries have played a big roll as well. It's mainly the D. Safeties and LBs are trash, DL has been shit, personnel a factor. Ryan takes heat but I look at the roster and shrug, it's not good on D at key positions.

Heisman trophy winner Derrick Henry has been gaining more carries the last couple of games and has made the running game more of a deadly attack.

Sephzilla

So it looks like the winner of the NFC North will almost certainly play the Giants Wildcard Weekend unless the Cowboys just collapse.

New York is going to knock us out of the playoffs....again!

raw

To be fair, this time the Packers would be coming into the playoffs red hot which they weren't the last two times the Giants bumped us from the playoffs. The 15-1 Packers went into the playoffs as cold as a 15-1 team could be since the Packers phoned it in against the Chiefs and McCarthy rested a bunch of starters for the final game

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
raw

To be fair, this time the Packers would be coming into the playoffs red hot which they weren't exactly the last two times the Giants bumped us from the playoffs

I wonder if we'll beat Minnesota?

It's still win and we're in if Detroit loses to Dallas next week in that scenario though.

Sephzilla

I wonder if we'll beat Minnesota?

It's still win and we're in if Detroit loses to Dallas next week in that scenario though.

Is it? If the Packers win and Detroit loses they're tied going into the final game at 9-6.

For the Packers, a Detroit loss to Dallas definitely helps them out but its not essential. If the Packers win out they win the division because they'd have the tiebreaker over Detroit should they both finish 10-6.

Sephzilla

Are they two games behind Detroit?

Packers are one game behind Detroit right now, and Packers/Lions face off in the final week.

Packers playoff scenarios
Packers can win the NFC North outright if they win out. They'd end up tied with Detroit, and win the tiebreaker for sweeping Detroit this season.
Packers can win the #6 wild card seed if they win out. At worst they'd end up tied with Tampa, and Green Bay wins the tiebreaker via strength of schedule
Packers can win the #5 wild card seed if they win out and the Giants lose out.

EDIT: That last scenario is actually impossible. Packers can't get the #5 seed because if they win out they're division champs instead.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is it? If the Packers win and Detroit loses they're tied going into the final game at 9-6.

For the Packers, a Detroit loss to Dallas definitely helps them out but its not essential. If the Packers win out they win the division because they'd have the tiebreaker over Detroit should they both finish 10-6.

EDIT: Packers playoff scenarios
Packers can win the NFC North outright if they win out. They'd end up tied with Detroit, and win the tiebreaker for sweeping Detroit this season.
Packers can win the #6 wild card seed if they win out. At worst they'd end up tied with Tampa, and Green Bay wins the tiebreaker via strength of schedule
Packers can win the #5 wild card seed if they win out and the Giants lose out.

If the Packers lose and the Lions lose, the last game is still for the division is what I meant

Haven't seen what happens if Green Bay loses against Detroit but wins against Minnesota. Might need some fuckery from other teams to get a wild card spot.

Sephzilla

If the Packers lose and the Lions lose, the last game is still for the division is what I meant

Haven't seen what happens if Green Bay loses against Detroit but wins against Minnesota. Might need some fuckery from other teams to get a wild card spot.

If the Packers lose to Minnesota the Packers are just about fucked in terms of the playoffs. Minnesota would leapfrog them in the Wild Card and in the NFC North because they'd have the tiebreaker in both. Green Bay's playoff hopes shift dramatically if they lose to Minnesota;

-- Dallas would need to beat Detroit
-- Green Bay would need to beat Detroit
-- Chicago would need to beat Minnesota
-- Tampa Bay would need to lose to either New Orleans or Carolina [Wild Card]

I highly doubt Green Bay is getting into the playoffs at 9-7

Top Bottom