• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

Draxal

Throw to Manningham(?) vs SF was one of the best throws I've seen. But he's kinda bad now. Definitely playing below average

The Giants offense is broken right now.

Lack of a tight end that doesn't suck dick is killing the team, the fact that they play out of shotgun every snap makes it impossible to run. They keep Jennings in the game as they don't Eli want to get killed, but he's also slow as fuck.

On the interception, the Eagles got to Eli with a three man rush.

*Eli gets in front of team

"You can't take these opportunities for granted guys!"

*throws 3 picks including a TAINT, loses by one score

LJ11

Throw to Manningham(?) vs SF was one of the best throws I've seen. But he's kinda bad now. Definitely playing below average

Yeah, not the same player, had a handful of opportunities late in the game. Defenses know it too, safeties playing shallow, not playing as deep.

No, no, no you have the Detroit Lions coming to town this upcoming Monday. It'll give y'all an early taste of a true Super Bowl contender.

Honestly Kas, I don't get your fanatical support for an average QB but I respect it and would rather the Lions win 3 superbowls than the Cowboys win a single one.

Draxal

Yeah, not the same player, had a handful of opportunities late in the game. Defenses know it too, safeties playing shallow, not playing as deep.

Eh, his longball's not there, but he's had his shitty games in the past, (pretty much every game against Darren Sharper).

Any team with a plus defensive line will kill the Giants as they're built right now, especially with Vereen gone for the entire season.

Miracle

So Giants gonna still make playoffs.
Im pretty sure they will as the only threats would be green bay and detroit and tampa bay.

...That's a worrying amount of threats. And now they will play the Redskins at Washington at New Year's Day. Than again, Redskins shitting the bed last Monday is a good sign for them.

squicken

The Giants offense is broken right now.

Lack of a tight end that doesn't suck dick is killing the team, the fact that they play out of shotgun every snap makes it impossible to run. They keep Jennings in the game as they don't Eli want to get killed, but he's also slow as fuck.

On the interception, the Eagles got to Eli with a three man rush.

Basically the Rams offense, but with Beckham

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Honestly Kas, I don't get your fanatical support for an average QB but I respect it and would rather the Lions win 3 superbowls than the Cowboys win a single one.

My bias aside I think most people would now agree that Stafford is far from an average QB more like one of the 3 best QBs in the league.

...That's a worrying amount of threats. And now they will play the Redskins at Washington at New Year's Day. Than again, Redskins shitting the bed last Monday is a good sign for them.
Well if green bay wins out then giants would have tie breaker over lions due to head to head.
Tampa Bay would be interesting.

It's like the Bears

Would you want Cutler? No. Are you going the distance with him? Certainly not.

But with the team the way it is, the second he's gone, they're realistically getting a major downgrade and not coming this close to contention for a while

*Eli gets in front of team

"You can't take these opportunities for granted guys!"

*throws 3 picks including a TAINT, loses by one score

IHqzsv6.jpg

kmag

88 plays and zero penalties against Philadelphia's defense. In a year where everything is a flag they figured out how to defend without holding or interfering on over 60 pass plays.

Amazing. It's almost as if the money line moved late in Vegas.

88 plays and zero penalties against Philadelphia's defense. In a year where everything is a flag they figured out how to defend without holding or interfering on over 60 pass plays.

Giants made up for it by having more than enough game-losing penalties at critical moments.

JABEE

The Eagles play on the line. Good team victory. Really happy to beat the Giants.

Hindl

Damnit one time I want the Eagles to lose and they can't even do that. A win's a win I guess. GG Giants Gaf, yeah refs were helping the Eagles but meh we've been fucked enough

Spare me. The refs have fucked the Eagles in at least 5 games this season. We're due for one where it swings the other way

So I decided to watch the game at a close friends house since he invited me over for some good company, food and drink (despite being an Eagles fan he's good people). Thoughts:

1. Fuck the Eagles. That goes without saying but I'm saying it anyways.
2. Another game lost on the shoulders of this broken ass offense. The defense gave up 17 points. 17. Remove that ridiculous pick 6 (and that was legit one of the most boneheaded plays I've seen Eli ever make) and this is a win. Obviously you can't remove it and here's where we are. I don't care what team you're on - when your defense surrenders 17 points....you win those fucking games. Much less a defense without its best corner and that lost its best run stuffer with a quarter of play to go. Steelers game version 2.0 is all I kept thinking the whole night.
3. Wentz has some crazy escapability. Romo-like on a few plays tonight. I couldn't help but give the man his due on that one play where he went low and ran for 10 yards despite having three guys on him.
4. The officiating in this league is awful. I've said that so many times this season but fuck me. The Cruz non-catch, Aghalor's catch needing reviewed, holding non-calls and the absolutely KILLER DPI non-call on Shephard at the end. Yeah they made up for it the next series with another non-call DPI but christ this is just embarrassing week in and week out.
5. It's hitting me hard that Eli could truly be on the downturn at this point. Yes the line has a lot to do with his play but you can't keep shrugging off the horrid deep ball accuracy and poor decision making. Eli was one of the best deep ball passers in the league for fucks sake. He's regressed and you have to question if this is the beginning of the end. I hope not.

Sucks to have not clinched a playoff spot tonight but its hardly the end of the world either. Beat the Skins and move on.

Giants lollll.

Championship defense

They gave up 17 points. Did you watch the game? If you legit are calling out the defense for that loss, your fucking blind.

Giants also clinch a playoff spot this weekend if the Packers, Lions, Bucs or Falcons lose by the way. Any of them. Doesn't matter who.

Top Bottom