• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

Hindl

Really though kinda a shitty performance by the Eagles. Wentz' escapability was insane, but other than that not a lot to take away. Throughout the second half the Eagles only scored 3 points, and the Giants only scored 6. And it wasn't like the defenses were unstoppable machines. Offenses just left points on the board. Eagles kept trying to give the game away, and Eli just wasn't quite accurate enough. If he didn't sail a few of those deep passes this would've been a blowout.

And refs go without saying. I was watching with a lot of casual Eagles fan and one hardcore Giants fan and I had to agree with a lot of the bullshit calls. Enough of them have gone against the Eagles this season that I was ok with it, but man the refs are terrible. I'm not even sure how you fix it though.

Watching the Packers flail around with it earlier this year, I feel like offensive coordinators need to come to terms with the fact that pass playcalling has to change when you're throwing 50+ times a game. You want to call 5 and 7 step drops and go downfield, I get it. But guess what, you can't. You don't have a run game. 3 step drops (shotgun is actually preferable), quick hitters to the flat, mix in the occasional screen or draw. That is your offense. Embrace the dink. Embrace the dunk.

If Noodle Arm Eli continues to play like a fucking derp, Giants even if they make the playoffs, will be one and fucking done...

I honestly hope they win their wild-card game and the Cowboys face them in the 2nd round. We will finally get even for that year the Cowboys went 2-0 against the Giants in the regular season but lost to them in the playoffs.

Hindl

I honestly hope they win their wild-card game and the Cowboys face them in the 2nd round. We will finally get even for that year the Cowboys went 2-0 against the Giants in the regular season but lost to them in the playoffs.

I don't care how shitty he's been playing. Do you really wanna fuck around with playoff Eli?

Striker

Cowboys were the better team and were favored to win. I am not even sure if they can win a Wildcard unless the offense stops fucking around. And really need to use Perkins more. Jennings is done.

Fuck Gata.

Bitanator

Thanks Giants, how many Cowboys fans think they should rest starters against Eagles?

Dallas has a young team I think at least play the half, cannot have them sluggish when the Giants come town for a third helping

Mindlog

~20 cases of beer.
Several gallons of Coquito.
Fully stocked bar.
And BYOB rules apply. This is all mine.

We're doing it. 2016 is going to fuck off with a bang.

Farooq

Banned
Thanks Giants, how many Cowboys fans think they should rest starters against Eagles?

Dallas has a young team I think at least play the half, cannot have them sluggish when the Giants come town for a third helping

I would rest Tyron, Martin and Zeke if the record is not within reach. Dak needs reps.

Bitanator

I would rest Tyron, Martin and Zeke if the record or 2000 is not within reach. Dak needs reps.

Yeah I agree there, I think Garrett will wise up this year and rest Zeke if he is not close to record, remember that Redskins game 2014 to end the regular season the dumbass left them out too long

MechDX

Tomorrow night we are all Seahawks.

Yes!! Then we all get on the:
SVGX+8734+GP11+EMD+Locomotive+Engine+Savage+Rail+Canac+Railway+Services+Macon+Georgia+Mead+Paper+Mill+Packaging+Plant+Ex+ICG+Illinois+Central+Gulf+RR.JPG

Choo Choo biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest whoever has nagging injuries that would play if the game was needed, otherwise everyone else should play. Don't want to go into the postseason playing flat.

Rest whoever has nagging injuries that would play if the game was needed, otherwise everyone else should play. Don't want to go into the postseason playing flat.

I would tend to agree with this, we already get one week off. I could see the main offensive starters only playing the first half.

We just cannot afford injuries on defense, though. Play guys like Sean Lee, Scandrick, Barry Church, limited snaps if at all. Sean Lee is an energizer bunny he isn't going to come out flat ever. He will however bump into someone and get concussed.

I would tend to agree with this, we already get one week off. I could see the main offensive starters only playing the first half.

We just cannot afford injuries on defense, though. Play guys like Sean Lee, Scandrick, Barry Church, limited snaps if at all. Sean Lee is an energizer bunny he isn't going to come out flat ever. He will however bump into someone and get concussed.

I dunno man I'm getting flashbacks to the 13-3 season, rested starters and got slapped by the Giants in the playoffs. We have a bye week, that's the only time the players should rest otherwise I want them to play. Scandrick has a nagging injury he shouldn't play as for the others I say go for it.

squicken

Philadelphia only blitzed Manning on 6.3 percent of his passes and he only threw twice with a pass rusher less than a yard away from him. Only one of his interceptions came under that pressure. Of course, that was the final and game-sealing interception. Despite an OK game from his protection unit, this was Manning's worst deep passing game of the season. He threw a season-high 11 passes that traveled 20 or more yards in the air, but registered a lowly 11.6 passer rating.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...en-stats-beckhams-night-not-enough-for-giants

Sean Lee has laid out 3 of his own players this year, he's fixed his own concussion issues by forwarding it along

bionic77

Watching the Packers flail around with it earlier this year, I feel like offensive coordinators need to come to terms with the fact that pass playcalling has to change when you're throwing 50+ times a game. You want to call 5 and 7 step drops and go downfield, I get it. But guess what, you can't. You don't have a run game. 3 step drops (shotgun is actually preferable), quick hitters to the flat, mix in the occasional screen or draw. That is your offense. Embrace the dink. Embrace the dunk.
It all starts with the o-line.

Thay determines what plays you can run.

Raekwon McMillian draft grade has him a second or third round pick.. maybe all the way to a fourth or fifth..

I know you did this Chuck.. you can't keep getting away with it..

Top Bottom