• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

cdyhybrid

jNAHEFG.png

So that's not good.

Mutiny?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
A lot of these sacks are on Wussell.

No awareness all of a sudden.

Strange as he used to be so good at avoiding a rush.. he's been terrible as of late.

cdyhybrid

A lot of these sacks are on Wussell.

No awareness all of a sudden.

Strange as he used to be so good at avoiding a rush.. he's been terrible as of late.

He's holding the ball too long, but that's partially on Bevell as well. Plus the Cards are playing contain, they know not to let him get outside of the pocket.

What seed can we drop to?

Falcons will have a half-game lead for the 2 seed if we lose.

MechDX

LaCanfora....salt...etc...

Bill O'Brien could have lost Texans locker room had he stuck with Brock Osweiler

Osweiler was falling out of favor and frustration was high over his inability to move the offense, particularly his inability to cultivate anything downfield with impact receiver DeAndre Hopkins (wilting away in his contract year) and rookie speedster Will Fuller. That, coupled with issues reading the field and accumulating turnovers (tied for second in the NFL with 16 interceptions), left many players eager to see what Savage, a fourth-round pick in 2014, could do. Sticking with Osweiler would have risked alienating the other players, the sources said.
In reality, O'Brien may have made the move earlier if not for Savage's elbow injury, with the quarterback missing several weeks of practice. The coaching staff has been high on him for years, and he has a better knowledge of the offense and a bigger arm than Osweiler. Osweiler was pursued heavily by ownership with the coaching staff having a minimal role, sources said, and even with him due $37 million guaranteed through the 2017 season, the decision to go to Savage was highly popular in the locker room.

Interesting if true

NervousXtian

He's holding the ball too long, but that's partially on Bevell as well. Plus the Cards are playing contain, they know not to let him get outside of the pocket.

Falcons will have a half-game lead for the 2 seed if we lose.

Yeah, but it's like he isn't even sensing the rush right now.

It's pretty bad.

this_guy

I'm hungry. Is anything open today?

Also:

@ProFootballTalk: Titans are 1-4 in the AFC South and 7-3 against the rest of the league.

squicken

To be honest, I really don’t want to answer that,” Rhodes started, before explaining what happened.

“A matter of fact, forget it. We felt as a team, as players, we came together and we felt like we’d never done that when we played against the Packers. Us as DBs felt like we could handle him. That’s how we felt as DBs that we could stay on our side and cover him. In the beginning, we’d always played against them and played our sides, so that’s what we as DBs went with.”

“That’s what he was supposed to do the whole game,” Zimmer said. “Someone decided they wouldn’t do that.”

Zimmer said he noticed the change from the sideline when cornerback Terence Newman approached him about the change.

“In the first half when Terence Newman came over and said something to me like ‘I can cover this guy, let me have him,’” Zimmer said. “I said, ‘do what you’re supposed to do.’”

I'm stunned. The DBs just decided to do whatever they wanted

_woLf

Lately as in this season? When we're the two seed?

I still don't get why people freak out over slow starts. It's like people haven't watched a Seahawks game since Jim Mora was the coach.

We are a two seed because the NFC as a whole is trash this season. And we will likely lose that two seed if we continue to do jack shit against the cardinals.

It drives me absolutely nuts that the complete incompetence by Tom Cable, Darrell Bevell, and yes, Pete Carroll on the offensive side of the ball is costing an otherwise EXTREMELY talented roster a chance to do something special.

I do not like seeing this kind of a roster going to waste.

NervousXtian

I think Carolina needs to draft a QB.

Cam had digressed into statistically one of the worst in league. The list of who's worse is pretty short... Fitz, Brock, Bortles.

He might be even with Bortles.

cdyhybrid

We are a two seed because the NFC as a whole is trash this season. And we will likely lose that two seed if we continue to do jack shit against the cardinals.

It drives me absolutely nuts that the complete incompetence by Tom Cable, Darrell Bevell, and yes, Pete Carroll on the offensive side of the ball is costing an otherwise EXTREMELY talented roster a chance to do something special.

I do not like seeing this kind of a roster going to waste.

We knew the offense would struggle going into the season. This is what this team is this season.

Shouta

Wilson needs to take back those TVs he gave the Oline with the performance they've been putting out these last few weeks.

Top Bottom