• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 17 |OT| Miami has the Dolphins...the Greatest football team...

Grexeno

SoCal pizzeria offering Hot Cheetos Pizza:

1b5vSZ3.jpg

Someone down south, send it to Sanjuro!
m9TxLQa.gif

Who has the owners ear? Smith or OB? Let's just say the only fact that is known as an absolute of the power structure in Houston is that Rick Smith is the godfather of the owners grand baby.

From what has been "said" O'Brien has full control of the 53 man roster. But you also have to remember the Texans choosing Ed Reed over Glover Quinn before the 2013 season. A move that is now known was an owners move. When wade was not retained by OB he came out and said that he was never consulted about signing Ed Reed before it happened. This coming from a DC who was hand picked BY the owner and pushed on to Kubiak
I don't see what that has to do with Mallett though. I mean I understand why o'brien didn't cut him the second time he flaked out until the end of the week but that first time he did absolutely nothing. Doesn't give up a good opinion of his QB Eval skills which makes me doubt any stories that say he was pounding the table against bringing Brock in.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
He's gonna make a hard push for Romo, IMO.

Romo would not last one week behind that OLine with as fragile as he is now.

They also have Lynch in the shadows, and he hasn't really played enough to pass any judgement on as of yet.

Lynch still looked really raw in the 2 games he started, definitely needs some more seasoning. Again, OLine issues make things look worse, he might be panicking when pressured. Wouldn't shock me if he does get the start on Sunday though.

CollegeFootball 24/7Verified account
‏@NFL_CFB
Myles Garrett, who #Browns reportedly have given "astronomical grade", prefers not to play in cold-weather NFL city

uh oh...

Oh yeah there is absolutely no reason to cut ties with him, us doing so would be the worst move we've made in 15 years and would probably just get me to straight up stop watching.

He's more than enough of a threat with his legs and arm to be worth starting on a contending team. He doesn't turn the ball over, when his OL is good, and ours wasn't for a good while, he reads the field fairly well. He's just spotty like most middle tier QB's, but you can't teach that deep ball and you can't teach his runners instincts. All we need is a QB that flashes enough from that Hawks game and the game this week paired with even a passable defense and we should be able to make the playoffs.

If we cut ties for anybody but someone like Romo I'm just off the wagon. I can't take 20+ years of futility I get enough of that from the damn Mets.

Why Romo?

Bread

Banned
‏@NFL_CFB
Myles Garrett, who #Browns reportedly have given "astronomical grade", prefers not to play in cold-weather NFL city

uh oh...
Cleveland is a beautiful town full of warmth, he'll love it there :')

squicken

I'm not putting much into that report about Garrett. But I am not sold on him as the number one pick. I'm not saying he won't be, or that he should not be. But I have some reservations about him still

Only QB I feel like we could acquire who would actually be an "upgrade" and even then that's iffy given how he's ready to snap in half if a DE breathes on him too hard.

I was going to say. At this point he's well too risky to invest in for multiple years. Any team that gets and starts him (it'll happen) should be preparing to draft someone the following season

Right now I see Denver in the Tyrod sweepstakes if Dallas asks to much for Tony Romo. I see Kaep will probably opt out and go to the Jets if they offered him a contract which I think the Jets owner is not to fond of Kaep and his protest.
Siemian put up some average numbers this year despite some bad plays by him and a terrible o-line. Tyrod wouldn't be an upgrade at QB.

Broncos will go into 2017 with Siemian and Lynch again. This time with a much improved O-Line. (I hope.)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
‏@NFL_CFB

uh oh...

Browns need to draft a QB until they get a great one however long that takes. Or take Leonard Fournette or any other projected first round RB and follow the Cowboys blueprint.

As great as Garrett could be they still need to score Touchdowns and Garrett isn't going to do that.

Still thinking about the Lions game last night and the Cowboys completely destroyed us in the second half last night. A lot of that was playcalling but the Cowboys just had a better roster than us. One more draft class by Bob Quinn and one more offseason and I think we can beat them in the rematch I hope we get next season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
‏@NFL_CFB

uh oh...

What are "things that you wouldn't say if the Patriots or Packers had the #1 pick" Alex?

To anyone who thinks Tyrod might not get a lot of interest:

Offseason Free Agent QBs:
Mike Glennon
Brian Hoyer
Geno Smith
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tyrod is immediately top of this list, and it's a lengthy distance between first and second there

MechDX

I don't see what that has to do with Mallett though. I mean I understand why o'brien didn't cut him the second time he flaked out until the end of the week but that first time he did absolutely nothing. Doesn't give up a good opinion of his QB Eval skills which makes me doubt any stories that say he was pounding the table against bringing Brock in.

OB did want to cut him immediately the second time, Smith talked him out of it. That right before the meltdown in Miami last year. The first time was on Hard Knocks. Go watch that again and tell me OB wanted to keep him.

Didn't say he pounded the table but when your boss says to do something you usually do it or get fired.we don't know exact details maybe he thought he could do something with what was being forced upon him. What he has done the past two years with meh QBs has been impressive no matter what anyone's personal opinion about it is

Gobias

Banned
I sure hope Star Wars 9 doesn't have a CGI Carrie Fisher and that Fast and the Furious song

To anyone who thinks Tyrod might not get a lot of interest:

Offseason Free Agent QBs:
Mike Glennon
Brian Hoyer
Geno Smith
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tyrod is immediately top of this list, and it's a lengthy distance between first and second there

Looks like a list of QBs who would look real good in brown and orange😎

This year has been amazing, man. Just incredible. Whatever else happens I can honestly say this has been one hell of a ride.

Stick to the narrative, chris! Dammit, we've been over this!

Sorry friend! This season has me all kinds of optimistic, even Mech can't handle my optimism!

You talkin about Brady right?

I have no doubt that Brady is an expert in deep balls.

SoCal pizzeria offering Hot Cheetos Pizza:

1b5vSZ3.jpg

Someone down south, send it to Sanjuro!

I think I've been there, Sanjuro send me your address and I'll ship one out today!

Top Bottom