• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Zeke

Bengals after 5 weeks aren't a good team all of the sudden after how many straight playoff appearances?

Please.
Yup, before that people were talking about how good the cincy D was and how they were going to keep Elliott contained, gonna make Dak beat them with his arm, Burfict was gonna lead their defense in his return, Dalton and Green were gonna shread the secondary. Cincy hadn't allowed a 100yd rusher or given up any rushing td's blah, blah, blah.

cdyhybrid

Yup, before that people were talking about how good the cincy D was and how they were going to keep Elliott contained, gonna make Dak beat them with his arm, Burfict was gonna lead their defense in his return, Dalton and Green were gonna shread the secondary. Cincy hadn't allowed a 100yd rusher or given up any rushing td's blah, blah, blah.
People thought less of a defense after they got dominated? How outlandish!

Zeke

Leading up to the cincy game there was nothing about the Bengals that scared me outside of Green going off and even then Mo had been playing lights out leading up to that game and I felt ok with him covering Green. It's not even about people thinking less of defense after getting blown up its more about moving the goal post every week. Blogging the boys put it perfectly
After Week 1, the simplified playbook was a hot topic. "He looked good, but he still looked like a rookie," the goalpost movers excitedly proclaimed. "He was using a modified playbook and not making any audibles." And then he did.

After Week 2, they focused on the absence of passing TDs: "He’s looking good but he still has not thrown a TD pass yet." And then he did.

After Week 3, the goalpost movers conceded he'd thrown a TD pass, but that wasn't enough either. "Well he threw one TD pass but he’s never thrown multiple TD passes." And then he did.

After Week 4, the goalpost movers found their next argument: "He will be exposed against the Bengals, because he hasn't faced a top defense yet." But he wasn't.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...think-of-next-for-dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys
I hope Dak keeps proving his doubters wrong week after week.

Striker

Cincy's offense is definitely weaker than last year because they lost Marvin Jones, Sanu, and also played without Eifert. It's AJ Green or a dumpoff to Bernard.

Defensively it's all about their DL but the Cowboys have a top 3, if not the best, OL so it didn't factor too much.

squicken

Cincy's offense is definitely weaker than last year because they lost Marvin Jones, Sanu, and also played without Eifert. It's AJ Green or a dumpoff to Bernard.

Defensively it's all about their DL but the Cowboys have a top 3, if not the best, OL so it didn't factor too much.

Yeah Cincy's attrition is remarkable over the past few years. They've also lost Gruden and Hue on offense, plus Zimmer and Vance Joseph on defense. It's crazy that they are always one and done yet lose way more players and assistants than any other team

iSXzdbQ.gif

Riley Snyder
‏@RileySnyder
So with no debate, #SB1 (Stadium bill passes 28-13 #nvleg)

Raiders stadium bill passes State Assembly. It will have to go back to the Senate because they added a couple of minor amendments, but Nevada for all intents and purposes has finished it's end of the deal, and ponied up $750 million

Rapoport's take:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
Ian Rapoport Retweeted edgraney
It’s really real. #real

This is happening, too much money and power behind it

A little inside baseball, but it was Assembly Dems who were the ones voting against the stadium, BUT both Democratic leaders voted for the stadium. Why? Labor unions were 1000% behind the stadium, and threatened to withhold support going forward if the stadium didn't pass (jobs)

Farooq

Banned
Nope I didn't see this at all. I figured at best we would 2-3 but man has it been a nice surprise. Dak keeps improving week after week it's great. I really think benching him now would hurt his development. I love, love his poise in the pocket. The few times he's had pressure he hangs in there delievers a pass. That first big pass he had in the Bengals game is a perfect example. The rush came in he hung in the pocket and delivered that strike to Williams inside the 5. If you look at the replay a defender takes his legs out at about the same time he hits Williams.

Sorry for the late reply, I made a shitty gif of the play. These gifs are cluttering up this page, they are also taking a long time to load because I was too lazy to edit the endzone and All-22 into separate gifs, I'll just leaving a link.

http://i.imgur.com/Rx6Ivip.gif

He held the safety too. It was similar to Dak's first TD pass to Dez. You know what, I'll just make another shitty gif of that play as well.

http://i.imgur.com/RD7lP6J.gif

Edit; One more play, I am sure you have seen this, but Dak moving Hall to open the window to Dez was very impressive.

Zeke

Tweet from Dallas morning news
If Tyron Smith can't play Sun., Doug Free would move to LT, Zack Martin moves to right tackle.Joe Looney fills in for Martin at right guard.
That sounds pretty shitty. Great gifs Farooq Dak plays like a seasoned pro in the pocket, love it!

squicken

Excerpt from Brett Favre biography written by the author of the bts books on the Cowboys and Charles Haley

Sean McHugh, a Packers tight end, said Rodgers was a nice kid with, “California swag.” Which wasn’t the same as Mississippi or Green Bay swag. During that opening camp, then training camp two months later, Rodgers liked to brag about the 35 he scored on the Wonderlic, a test used by NFL teams to assess the aptitude of prospective employees. One day in a quarterbacks meeting he said, “Brett, what did you get on it?”

“I have no idea,” he replied.

“I do,” Rodgers said. “I looked it up. You got a 22.”

When the meeting concluded, Rodgers exited the room first, followed by Darrell Bevell, the quarterbacks coach, then Favre and Nall. “Fucking Wonderlic score,” Favre mumbled. “Do you believe that shit? I run circles around his ass.”

Rodgers made it a point to sit in the front row of team meetings, and raise his hand to answer every question from the coaches. He was smart and studious, and it all went over like a bowl of maggot-coated Fruit Loops. Eventually, Driver, the veteran receiver and Favre’s close friend, pulled the youngster aside and said, bluntly, “Aaron, we get it. You’re smart. Now shut the fuck up.”

gutshot

Good read about Brett Favre and Aaron Rodger's contentious relationship.

Favre’s play was inconsistent. His treatment of Rodgers was not. Shortly before the opening game, Sherman announced that Nall—a locker room favorite of the veterans—would be demoted to third-string quarterback in favor of the rookie. This was not well received, and rightly believed to be more about draft status than readiness. The morning after the news, Nall arrived at the facility with a copy of an image someone had e-mailed him, featuring a person in a shirt reading ALL DADDY WANTED WAS A BLOW JOB. Pepper Burruss, the team trainer, told Nall to bring the picture to his office, found a photograph of Rodgers from draft day, cut off his head, affixed it to the body and laminated the newly mastered image onto a T-shirt. The garment was passed to Brett in the team meeting, and he could not stop laughing. The shirt was passed to Bevell and, lastly, to Rodgers. “He looked at it for 10 seconds and dropped it to the floor,” said Nall. “There was this awkward tension in the room.” When the meeting ended, Nall apologized to Rodgers, but advised him to relax. “You’re a first-round pick, Aaron,” he said. “You have to expect to be poked at a bit.”

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gunslinger-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-feud-jeff-pearlman-excerpt/

EDIT: Would've beaten you squicken if GAF wasn't going slow as balls.

Zeke

Hah I want to see Norman do the bow and arrow celebration next skins game and Jones to do the six shooter celebration. It would be too perfect.

squicken

Good read about Brett Favre and Aaron Rodger's contentious relationship.

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gunslinger-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-feud-jeff-pearlman-excerpt/

EDIT: Would've beaten you squicken if GAF wasn't going slow as balls.

haha

I find Pearlman to be a giant dick. He leads the whisper campaign that keeps Jeff Bagwell out of Cooperstown. But his muckraking is fun to read. Boys Will Be Boys almost made all that nauseous Cowboys coverage in the 90s worth it

Raiders stadium bill passes State Assembly. It will have to go back to the Senate because they added a couple of minor amendments

Following up on this:

Megan Messerly
‏@meganmesserly
With no discussion, Senate votes to concur with the amendments the Assembly made to SB1. All in favor. #nvleg

Nevada State and Assembly work is done, stage is set for Mark Davis and Governor bill signing on Monday.

Hindl

At risk of annoying the rest of the thread with Cowboys gifs...best gif of that game.

After the PBU.

Meh, most of Eagles-gaf including me spent the first couple weeks blanketing the thread in Wentz gifs, so can't complain about other people doing it for their teams

Pepiope

Philadelphia Eagles
✔
@Eagles

For the third time in four games, @cj_wentz has been named NFL Rookie of the Week!#FlyEaglesFly

What a not-so-long, strange trip it's been for a kid from Haughton, Louisiana, who had left Mississippi State burdened by comparisons to Tim Tebow. Like the former Florida Gator, Prescott was a dual-threat force who wore No. 15 (in Tebow's honor), who threw for more than 9,300 yards and rushed for more than 2,500 yards for Dan Mullen (Tebow's offensive coordinator at Florida), and who became rock-star popular at an SEC school by leading with his best trait -- a generosity of spirit. Prescott once even had a dog named after Tebow.

"When Dan Mullen recruited Dak," recalled Jason Brotherton, head coach at Haughton High and an assistant during Prescott's years, "Dan told him, 'If you want to know more about me, call Tim Tebow.' He whipped out Tebow's phone number, and Dak was awed by that. Dak's love of Tebow was more about his character, his leadership, how he gave 100 percent all the time and put his team on his back.But when it came to the finer points of playing quarterback, even though Tebow won the Heisman, we always thought Dak threw the ball better than he did."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17788375/not-tebow-not-brady-dallas-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-comparisons-continue-2016-nfl

"The rest of the NFL is finding out the truth the hard way."

Zeke

This pretty bad ass
his late mother Peggy was a Native American from the Choctaw-Apache Tribe of Ebarb.
So does that make Dak and Bradford the only players with native American ancestry playing in the NFL or are there others I dint know about?
She'd ask Dak, 'How did practice go?' and if he told her he'd thrown a couple of interceptions, she'd tell him, 'Well, you'd better not practice that s---."
And thats why Dak protects the ball

Top Bottom