• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Hindl

Mychal Kendricks was a disaster against the Lions, with gifs and stuff

Here, the Lions face a 3rd and 11. Matthew Stafford doesn't like what he sees down the field, so he checks it down to Riddick. That's a surrender, and should be an easy win for the defense. Nope. Instead of having a shred of awareness knowing that Riddick needs nine yards after the catch to make the first down and playing contain, Kendricks comes in hot and completely whiffs on the tackle. This isn't even much of a move. It's not like Theo Riddick is the next Barry Sanders.

Riddick gets 10 yards, the Lions go for it on fourth down, and get it. Drive continues. Brutal.

Later in the drive, the Eagles are in some sort of man-zone combo coverage. Based on the reactions of Stephen Tulloch and Ron Brooks (who both stay home) on the right side of the field here, it appears as though Kendricks leaves his zone responsibility to chase Marvin Jones across the field. Anquan Boldin runs into the area of the field vacated by Kendricks, bailing out Stafford who is scrambling under duress.

Not copying over gifs, but there's more at the link. More than the refs, more than the Wentz int, more than the Mathews fumble, this caused the Eagles loss. Kendricks has regressed so heavily, and just isn't the same player that showed potential in 2014. With him on the field, Riddick and Stafford abused him all game. He's not only not contributing, he's an active liability. Once Bradham and Hicks were in, the Lions were shut down until that last post-fumble drive. Kendricks has been waiting for his time to prove himself in this defense, and came out completely flat. He's barely worth a backup spot now, I'd rather see Najee Goode backing up Bradham and Hicks.

Mychal Kendricks was a disaster against the Lions, with gifs and stuff

Not copying over gifs, but there's more at the link. More than the refs, more than the Wentz int, more than the Mathews fumble, this caused the Eagles loss. Kendricks has regressed so heavily, and just isn't the same player that showed potential in 2014. With him on the field, Riddick and Stafford abused him all game. He's not only not contributing, he's an active liability. Once Bradham and Hicks were in, the Lions were shut down until that last post-fumble drive. Kendricks has been waiting for his time to prove himself in this defense, and came out completely flat. He's barely worth a backup spot now, I'd rather see Najee Goode backing up Bradham and Hicks.

Kendricks was one of the few players this defense is a worse type of defense to suit his abilities.

Hindl

Kendricks was one of the few players this defense is a worse type of defense to suit his abilities.

True. He's pretty much only good as a blitzing LB. He whiffs on open field tackles and can't cover well. He's doesn't play smart and doesn't recognize plays, like that screen pass. He belongs in the 3-4 where the DL can take up blockers and he can just shoot into the backfield.

gutshot

Not to mention that a lot of the issues seem to stem from him trying to do too much. Which I suppose is a natural reaction to him being benched but as a veteran you would hope he would realize that the way to earn more playing time isn't to ignore all your responsibilities and play like a crazy person.

When bread and I see each other at the club
gueeyBR.gif

Fox318

When I see Dutch in the club.

pQAT1j0.gif
I will never get tired of that clip.

Just the way that little shit gets fucking slammed. He could have just pushed him or fucking punched him but no he wanted to prove a point after getting pushed to the edge and take that Fuck for a ride.

Beach

If you thought commercials after punts and kickoffs were bad I've just witnessed 6 different commercials in a half inning due to pitching changes. Baseball needs more stoppages of course.

Striker

Looking at the different power rankings for the Falcons I think the ones that put us at 6 are probably about right.

We aren't a top 5 team yet especially with the loss to Tampa, but if we beat the Hawks at their house than we move up. Even with a loss I'd still put us top 10 as that's back to back big road games.
Seattle, Atlanta and Minnesota seem to be the only real 'top' teams in the NFC right now. Maybe Green Bay can be there but they haven't looked overly impressive. AFC has Denver, Pats and the Steelers. Maybe Oakland but edging out bad teams like the Ravens, Saints and Chargers isn't much speak of. We'll see how they do against KC and DEN.

Nevada Governor after the state Senate approved stadium funding:

Governor Sandoval ✔ @GovSandoval
In order to lead, we must be bold. Thanks to the members of the state senate who voted in favor of @LVCVA expansion & stadium this evening.
10:08 PM - 11 Oct 2016

The writing is on the wall, the NFL isn't walking away from 750 million in public funding and a 2 billion dollar stadium. Assembly will approve this later this week and then Sandoval will sign it into law.

KingBroly

Banned
Nevada Governor after the state Senate approved stadium funding:

The writing is on the wall, the NFL isn't walking away from 750 million in public funding and a 2 billion dollar stadium. Assembly will approve this later this week and then Sandoval will sign it into law.

They're not dumb enough to fund it without confirmation the team is gonna come there...right?

They're not dumb enough to fund it without confirmation the team is gonna come there...right?

Funding is contingent on the Raiders coming, but there is a back-up allowing the building of a MUCH cheaper stadium for UNLV if somehow this collapses. Money has to be in place before the NFL even considers anything though.

squicken

Seattle, Atlanta and Minnesota seem to be the only real 'top' teams in the NFC right now. Maybe Green Bay can be there but they haven't looked overly impressive. AFC has Denver, Pats and the Steelers. Maybe Oakland but edging out bad teams like the Ravens, Saints and Chargers isn't much speak of. We'll see how they do against KC and DEN.

I think Philly and green bay are legit in the NFC. It's going to be important in the AFC that New England doesn't get home field

Hindl

Philly's next three are pretty huge. They have faced, aside from Pittsburgh, fairly easy teams so far.

Agreed, although I'd say the 3 following the next 3 are bigger. Aside from Vikings, they have 3 road divisional games where anything can happen. Winning there means they could take the division, but the Atl - Sea - GB - Cincy stretch will show how legit the team really is. I think the defense Is legit, it's just a question of how the offense reacts to facing a talented D

bionic77

If you thought commercials after punts and kickoffs were bad I've just witnessed 6 different commercials in a half inning due to pitching changes. Baseball needs more stoppages of course.
Baseball is so boring that you look forward to the commercials so that is smart of MLB.

effzee

Not to mention that a lot of the issues seem to stem from him trying to do too much. Which I suppose is a natural reaction to him being benched but as a veteran you would hope he would realize that the way to earn more playing time isn't to ignore all your responsibilities and play like a crazy person.

He did have a terrible game but the game against Pittsburgh I believe he received a highest grade of any defender on the team.

Spinluck

Let's have a viewing party at squickens house. We can laugh at NFL GAFs misery

Colts vs Texans Drinking Game:

1. Take shot when commentators mention JJ Watt being injured

2. Take shot when someone says "this rivalry."

3. Take shot when Pagano looks worried, or when BoB looks dead in the eyes.

4. Take shot after every fuckball play.

5. Take shot after they say something bad about Colts O-line or if both defenses look like shit.

6. Take shot after commentators ride the Luck and TY tandem.

7. Take shot after every DeAndre catch.

8. Take shot if they show Watt on sidelines

9. Take shot if Adam V makes FG

10. Take shot if you still think your team sucks after game.

jmdajr

Colts vs Texans Drinking Game:

1. Take shot when commentators mention JJ Watt being injured

2. Take shot when someone says "this rivalry."

3. Take shot when Pagano looks worried, or when BoB looks dead in the eyes.

4. Take shot after every fuckball play.

5. Take shot after they say something bad about Colts O-line or if both defenses look like shit.

6. Take shot after commentators ride the Luck and TY tandem.

7. Take shot after every DeAndre catch.

8. Take shot if they show Watt on sidelines

9. Take shot if Adam V makes FG

10. Take shot if you still think your team sucks after game.
Don't do it

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Got engaged Monday night. I know y'all are just chomping at the bit for an update on my personal life.

Who the fuck thought Colts/Texans would be a good SNF game?

Not even actual fans of football will watch that.

Brock was supposed to be better and JJ Watt got hurt.

Andrew Luck is also a factor. He's played a lot better this season though! The only real egg he's laid was against Denver although he wasn't that great against Jacksonville.

Top Bottom