• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

Can I have some? I really thought by now I would have some money saved up and such but alas that is not the case. I cant wait until the kids are in school and we dont have to pay child care anymore. Who knows maybe Las Vegas will be able to scrape together some money by then and actually give teachers the raises that they promised, yeah right. I keep hearing that Texas is going to turn red some day, I wonder if the same will ever happen for Nevada. We need all new people in charge of the government out here.

Hey Yankee I'll be in Vegas weekend of Nov 20, maybe we can grab some beers? Hand deliver Star Trek Beyond??

Pepiope

Per ESPN Stats & Info, Wentz was 11-of-12 against the blitz (2 TD) vs. Lions. Wentz is now 27-of-32 with 3 TD against the blitz this season.

I love my QB.

The Dallas @ Green Bay game is going to be good. They should flex that or the Falcons @ Seahawks game to prime time. Instead we're stuck with Colts @ Texans.

Edit: Can they still only flex two games a year?

What exactly do you need that you can't buy?

I feel anyone that has a decent savings account has more money than they need. If you are living check to check that's a different story.

Also, if you are serious about asking for money I just became poor since my last post.

No I was just joking. We are definitely paycheck to paycheck at the moment but that will be getting better soon. It is funny that we left Philly where the pay was much better because there was a hiring freeze and Vegas was hiring, and now Philly has a shortage of teachers and my wife would get hired no problem but I cant.

Hey Yankee I'll be in Vegas weekend of Nov 20, maybe we can grab some beers? Hand deliver Star Trek Beyond??

That would be very cool. Let me know and I will try my best.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jeremy Fowler ‏@JFowlerESPN 45m45 minutes ago

Can't imagine Sammie Coates doing much in practice this week. That soft cast on his left hand is sizable.

CryingFloutist.gif

Pepiope

101116_Wentz-INT-8.width-800.png

Another angle of the Wentz pass...Doesn't look as bad of a decision anymore, just a not so great throw/route.

Hindl

Another angle of the Wentz pass...Doesn't look as bad of a decision anymore, just a not so great throw/route.

Yeah, also could've thrown to Matthews if he saw it sooner. He also probably could've scrambled for a 1st or more. Yeah the clock would keep running, but he would've been able to spike the ball with probably 1:15 left. He'll learn though and at least he's taking the shots downfield

Another angle of the Wentz pass...Doesn't look like as bad of a decision anymore, just a not so great throw/route.

Man I really thought that this game was by far the worst from a coaching standpoint and gameplan. Schwartz resting the good LBers in the first half was completely ridiculous, especially right after a bye. The play calling was also odd, and not giving Smallwood any touches after he had 80 yards against the Steelers and looked really good was just dumb. That play in particular though seems like a bad idea, why not give Wentz a safety valve underneath in case the WRs were all covered. The Lions D is bad, they should have tried to get a few short plays going get the chains moving and get them on their heels before they tried to hit something down the field. Sucks that the Eagles have no shot at the playoffs now. :(

Pepiope

Lane really screwed himself

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane Oct 11

Lane Johnson will lose 10 games worth of $675K salary and $10M signing bonus. Remaining $25M no longer guar, but 2017 ($10M) virtually guar.

Lane really screwed himself

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane Oct 11

Lane Johnson will lose 10 games worth of $675K salary and $10M signing bonus. Remaining $25M no longer guar, but 2017 ($10M) virtually guar.

His signing bonus is lost? How's that work? I wonder what effect this has on the team salary cap.

Mary Kay Cabot
Mary Kay Cabot – Verified account ‏@MaryKayCabot

#Browns Joel Bitonio has a mid-foot injury and is out for an extended period of time.
Holy shit, he was having a pro bowl season ;_; *pukes

Hindl

Man I really thought that this game was by far the worst from a coaching standpoint and gameplan. Schwartz resting the good LBers in the first half was completely ridiculous, especially right after a bye. The play calling was also odd, and not giving Smallwood any touches after he had 80 yards against the Steelers and looked really good was just dumb. That play in particular though seems like a bad idea, why not give Wentz a safety valve underneath in case the WRs were all covered. The Lions D is bad, they should have tried to get a few short plays going get the chains moving and get them on their heels before they tried to hit something down the field. Sucks that the Eagles have no shot at the playoffs now. :(

It wasn't that bad. Read this article, but I'll summarize:
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ek-5-carson-wentz-shines-jason-peters-slowing

Schwartz messed up on the 1st 2 drives, but on the third drive he adjusted. Had Kendricks or Tulloch made that tackle where they had 9 yards to the 1st down it would've been fine. Turns out Bradham was playing on the 1st 2 drives, just not on the 3rd. As for the offense, what they were doing was working. The 1st drive they punt, and we all know the last 2 drives. But between that were 6 drives, 5 of which ended in points. They were moving the ball pretty well. I agree about Mathews, even without the fumble, I think Smallwood and Barner earned more playing time. And on the final play, Wentz did have a good matchup with Matthews on the left. Had Wentz seen it and thrown, it would've been an easy completion. He just made a mistake.

His signing bonus is lost? How's that work? I wonder what effect this has on the team salary cap.

Eagles get back $2M in cap per year I think

Edit:

Interesting. Desean Jackson doesn't necessarily rule out a return to Philly:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ackson-didn-t-rule-out-a-return-to-the-eagles

Washington is his first choice, but if it doesn't work out he wouldn't mind. Makes sense, he played a bit when Doug was here as Andy's assistant, and likes him. He also has been impressed by Wentz. He holds the grudge against Kelly, and seems open to returning. For the right contract I wouldn't mind him coming back. He's lost a step but is still a good player, and he'll only be 30. Would be nice to give Wentz a reliable deep threat with hands, and he'd probably be easier to get than Alshon Jeffery and Michael Floyd.

Farooq

Banned
Dak has me excited. Moving defenders with his eyes to open throwing windows. Holding defenders to keep routes open. Getting through and eliminating reads quickly.

I said he needed refinement in the preseason, and he still does mechanically, but you can't really teach quick processing. You can clean up mechanics.

To quote Bill Parcells when he signed Romo, Cowboys-Gaf "We got ourselves a QB".

cdyhybrid

Dak has me excited. Moving defenders with his eyes to open throwing windows. Holding defenders to keep routes open. Getting through and eliminating reads quickly.

I said he needed refinement in the preseason, and he still does mechanically, but you can't really teach quick processing. You can clean up mechanics.

To quote Bill Parcells when he signed Romo, Cowboys-Gaf "We got ourselves a QB".
Welcome back, friend.

Pepiope

Interesting. Desean Jackson doesn't necessarily rule out a return to Philly:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ackson-didn-t-rule-out-a-return-to-the-eagles

Washington is his first choice, but if it doesn't work out he wouldn't mind. Makes sense, he played a bit when Doug was here as Andy's assistant, and likes him. He also has been impressed by Wentz. He holds the grudge against Kelly, and seems open to returning. For the right contract I wouldn't mind him coming back. He's lost a step but is still a good player, and he'll only be 30. Would be nice to give Wentz a reliable deep threat with hands, and he'd probably be easier to get than Alshon Jeffery and Michael Floyd.
No thanks. Like you said, Jackson will be 30. He's a speeder who will start to slow down.

Rather use a pick or two on WR.

Welcome back friend!

Dak is better than we could have imagined!

Bread

Banned
8-8 was a reality before a series of unfortunate, unforeseen, and impossible to predict events occurred. I still see an 8-8 future in the Cleve.

No thanks. Like you said, Jackson will be 30. He's a speeder who will start to slow down.

Man Djax isnt even a shell of his former self anymore he is fucking done. I wouldnt even waste the roster spot on him, give me a late round Wr who doesnt have all the fucking baggage and might actually do something all fucking day.

Hindl

Yeah, but I think he still has 2-3 years left in him. We need an instant impact at WR, we've spent too many recent high picks on WR, we need to go elsewhere with those picks. Need to target OL, LB, and possibly RB if the right back is available. Maybe taking a late round pick on a WR, but they wouldn't be an instant impact. Even if Jackson slows down a little, he's still fast and would open up Matthews so much. He's not a long-term solution but he along with some smart draft picks next year could really boost this offense. He'd probably be available for around $3-4M a year. If he did a 2 year $7M contract I'd take it. Injury is the only issue with him

Djax is averaging 3 catches for 50 yards a game this year, he has 1 TD in 5 games. I am not sure he even has any steps left to lose at this point.

GB had 16 QB hurries vs Giants, 14 of them came from Flowers and Hart(7each).... only 2 from Guards/Center..Eli will remain shaky all season if these 2 remain at tackle position...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The Dallas @ Green Bay game is going to be good. They should flex that or the Falcons @ Seahawks game to prime time. Instead we're stuck with Colts @ Texans.

Edit: Can they still only flex two games a year?
  • Two games between weeks 5-10
  • Must be announced 12 days ahead of time
  • Fox & CBS can each protect a game (aka what you actually want on SNF)
  • There's a limit to how many primetime games each team can get every year. Three teams can have 6 primetime games, everyone else is capped at 5 and you can only be on NBC specifically 4 times.

We're already doomed to have Colts v Texans this SNF

• Two games between weeks 5-10
  • Must be announced 12 days ahead of time
  • Fox & CBS can each protect a game (aka what you actually want on SNF)
  • There's a limit to how many primetime games each team can get every year. Three teams can have 6 primetime games, everyone else is capped at 5 and you can only be on NBC specifically 4 times.

We're already doomed to have Colts v Texans this SNF

Gross.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fucking Thursday games.

Trevor is ready to go. Light up the fucking Chargers in those awesome uniforms.

Go Broncos.

The Eagles were the most sided bet game of the week -- sharps liked them too -- and it became the biggest decision for the books among the first 11 games. The Lions tried to give a 21-7 lead away, but came away with the 24-23 win which paid +165 on the money-line. The Lions winning was our best decision of the day, said Kornegay. It felt like everyone in the house had a ticket on the Eagles of some kind. Every time the Eagles did something positive the entire crowd roared.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1805450

Zeke

God damn man, where have you been? Dak wins these next two games and I think we have a full blown qb controversy.

Fox318

I thought that sound was the opening kickoff for the first game of the season.

Honestly the first game you could tell Bowles didn't really have the guts to be a head coach.

There were so many little calls that just screamed "oh I'm gonna play the numbers".

I'd rather have somebody like Jay Gruden who does dumb shit like pass on 2nd 1 than somebody like Bowles who punts when down 2 positions.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 3m3 minutes ago
Chuck Pagano on Brock Osweiler: 'Brock's a good player. He does a nice job. He's a good game manager.'

Entire staff of the Colts is on coke confirmed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think the Chargers could pull out the upset against the Broncos. They're probably the best 1-4 team in the league. They even have a positive point differential.

Y'all forgot Wienku was married before?

Congrats, friendo! Don't go missing due to marriage problems again, pls!

Last time I got married it was because her parents pressured us due to premarital relations.

And because she wanted a diamond ring. She was also 19.

Sooooooo yeah. Lesson learned.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Honestly the first game you could tell Bowles didn't really have the guts to be a head coach.

There were so many little calls that just screamed "oh I'm gonna play the numbers".

I'd rather have somebody like Jay Gruden who does dumb shit like pass on 2nd 1 than somebody like Bowles who punts when down 2 positions.

Besides being overly pass happy, Jay Gruden coaches scared plenty.

bionic77

I think the Chargers could pull out the upset against the Broncos. They're probably the best 1-4 team in the league. They even have a positive point differential.

Last time I got married it was because her parents pressured us due to premarital relations.

And because she wanted a diamond ring. She was also 19.

Sooooooo yeah. Lesson learned.
What is success rate of people who are that young getting married?

I don't know anyone who married at that age in the past 40 years who is still together.

I do know one guy who married his high school gf and they are still together. But they waiting until their 20s.

Top Bottom