• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 7 [OT] - Challenge of the SuperFrauds

brentech

I'm really struggling to blame Rodgers for what I'm seeing tonight. He looks ok to me.

I see:
* lack of chemistry with young receivers?
* lack of ability from established ones? (Jordy, Adams, TE Rodgers)
* not a lot of interesting play/route concepts (not helping guys get open much)
* not enough 5 wide!
* catch the ball Cobb

e: I jinxed it, that was brutal. That's all on #12
Again, none of this is mutually exclusive. Everyone has their part, but a good QB elevates the play of the team around them. He hasn't done that in a great while.

Most say it dates back to the Denver game last year. I say it goes back to the game against the Bills a few years ago. They were the first team that straight up shit him down and the receivers couldn't do anything.

I agree the team needs a new look and Rodgers could probably benefit from having to learn a new offense.

Jarate

Banned
This is the best opportunity to get rid of McCarthy.

We somehow have 3 wins, there still a chance for something to happen, but what's happening now isn't working.

Again, none of this is mutually exclusive. Everyone has their part, but a good QB elevates the play of the team around them. He hasn't done that in a great while.

Most say it dates back to the Denver game last year. I say it goes back to the game against the Bills a few years ago. They were the first team that straight up shit him down and the receivers couldn't do anything.

I agree the team needs a new look and Rodgers could probably benefit from having to learn a new offense.
Why stop at the Bills? Chiefs and Giants did the same thing in the 2011 season.

Key part of that game plan is to jam/hold receivers and bet that Rodgers won't run. Lacy + run action was our solution to that, when it's not working we're back to the same problem. WR in backfield is our best wrinkle...

Shit, you just reminded me of that Bills game. I think I agree with you there..

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The ratings are down in the NFL because of shit like this game. The product is bad.

Ray Lewis was on Cowherd the other day, and he blamed it on how young the league is, how there's too much money to young guys and no more passing of the guard from the old guys to the young guys.

I don't know if he's right.. but damn.. there's some bad football lately.

The ratings are down in the NFL because of shit like this game. The product is bad.

Ray Lewis was on Cowherd the other day, and he blamed it on how young the league is, how there's too much money to young guys and no more passing of the guard from the old guys to the young guys.

Quality of play has been increasingly fucked since the lockout. Accumulated lack of practices, maybe?

Jarnet87

Brad Kaaya is tanking his NFL stock, rejoice QB needy franchises. You will only waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick and not a high 1st round

Striker

Lots of flags and bad officiating plays into it. There was bad football last year, too.

And TNF being free basically by broadcasting it on Twitter is another factor.

Xeteh

I think that call would have stood if they called it incomplete on the field and oh god Phil Simms said the same thing, I feel gross.

That's generous. I'll take it though, we need all the help we can get.

If the ref can screen a DB in the end zone, that would be awesome

DMczaf

It's incomplete, will be reversed. Another FG!

I think of it like the NBA Y2K death of basketball, but with doomsday players who have never played in a pre-lockout NFL.

My theory may not be correct, but I believe it and that's what's important.

Anthony Davis leads the Nuggets to another NBA title. At the White House, the same President is there to greet them. Barack Obama has now been President for 19 years.

God King Emperor!

Top Bottom