• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

california burrito isn't just a burrito you find in california. it has carne asada, cheese, guac, and french fries.

burritos in san diego don't come with rice though, that's not limited to the california burrito.

I want an authentic Mexican burrito

you have to go to san diego to get those

Is that where Mexico is?

Trump fans smh

On the Giants offense...

If you think the Giants have been in “11” personnel an extraordinary amount of time this season, your eyes have not been deceiving you. Per official NFL stats from NFL GSIS the Giants have run 370 offensive plays this season that have not been nullified by penalty. They have been in “11” personnel on an amazing 356 of those, or 96.2 percent if you don’t want to bother doing the math.

So the coach doesn’t have to look it up himself, let’s help him out. When the Giants were one of the highest-scoring offenses in the league a season ago they ran 72.6 percent of their plays out of an “11” personnel grouping. Yet, relying heavily on guys who are no longer around — like Rueben Randle and Andre Williams — they played better offense.

So yeah, uh Ben...how about not running 11 personnel 97% of the time?

BigAT

Lebron talking about supporting the Indians and how if you don't root for Cleveland you're crazy...

mlb_a_ljames_195.jpg

Tom Penny

Russell Wilson is concussed again. Give him some water

Wilson said after thinking about the 6-6 tie in Arizona that the league needs to come up with a tiebreaking rule. Wilson’s idea is an interesting one: A final field goal to either win or lose.

“Let’s say we’re the away team. We win the coin toss, we get the ball on the 35-yard line going in. You kick one field goal,” Wilson said. “You can’t do anything else but a field goal. You make the field goal, the game’s over. If you miss the field goal, the game’s over and the other team wins. I just think that if you play that long, you’re putting your lives on the line. You should find a way to win. I don’t like ending in a tie.”

Pepiope

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 16m16 minutes ago

Huh, #Eagles are trying for Alshon Jeffery after all.

Would need him to work out long term deal. Mid round pick to #Bears as compensation.

Source Numbah 2

effzee

I remember saying he was absolutely going to be fired and people kept quoting fucking Ian Rapoport stating how he was in fact safe

The day he was canned I remember the thread blowing up with "WTF" "OMG" posts of the mentality of HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN and it is to this day one of the most baffling experiences I've had in a forum

And yes Mech was one of the CHIP'S STAYING folk

Except the rumors were he would leave cause colleges were sniffing around. You know nothing and got lucky I guess but no one rightly assumed the owner would fire him 9 months after giving full power and especially cause the real reasons had less to do with winning and more to do with Howie and holiday parties.

So again you know nothing.

On Jefferies. Man oh man that would be a great pick up. Give up a 3rd or 2nd I don't care. Wentz with Jefferies would be amazing!

gutshot

Jeffery was who I wanted in FA anyway so if we can get him early and only have to give up a mid-round pick? Go for it.

Hindl

I'm still invested in your season going as terrible as possible.

Even if Jeffery happens he probably won't affect things too much this season. I'd expect thru 8 games he'd get at best 600 yds 5 tds. A full off-season with the team and that'll change. Plus even without him accept the fact that you're probably getting high teens at best

JABEE

Even if Jeffery happens he probably won't affect things too much this season. I'd expect thru 8 games he'd get at best 600 yds 5 tds. A full off-season with the team and that'll change. Plus even without him accept the fact that you're probably getting high teens at best
That's an improvement for the Eagles this season. It also helps everyone else on offense.

Matthews, DGB, Jeffery

I need it lower!!

We need help at secondary and LB pls!!

Hindl

Isn't Alshon Jeffrey one of their best players? Is he just wanting a small fortune to stay in Chicago?

I think he just wants out of Chicago. Didn't really want to play for them this year and they franchised tagged him. And it makes sense, he's one of the best WRs in the league (just outside the Top 5 probably), and Chicago basically needs to blow up and start over. Doubt he wants to be a part of that.

That's an improvement for the Eagles this season. It also helps everyone else on offense.

Matthews, DGB, Jeffery

Oh I agree completely, even with an 8 game deficit he'd still probably lead our WR corps. But I'm just saying his presence probably won't be completely felt till next year, since he'll take a few games to learn the playbook. But again, it's a dream.

I need it lower!!

We need help at secondary and LB pls!!

This draft is deep with secondary talent you'll be fine

JABEE

I thought the trade was contingent on him signing an extension. Maybe I read that wrong.
Yeah, but you would still have to give him a boatload of money to avoid free agency. It's a good deal if they can sign him with that leverage. Maybe the Bears could get more if it's contingent on an extension in this situation.

Hindl

I thought the trade was contingent on him signing an extension. Maybe I read that wrong.

No you're right. My big hangup is that the Eagles has among the lowest amount of cap space for the next few years. Not sure how this works, since I'm assuming Jeffery would want $11-12M a year at least

But not at as nice at LB and I need it at 15 minimum to have a chance at Raekwon..

I can't let him end up in a Pittsburgh Hindl.. I can't have this..

Don't let this happen.

So take a stud LB with your pick, punt on a QB and roll with Kessler for another year, and choose a CB with our pick

Striker

Isn't Alshon Jeffrey one of their best players? Is he just wanting a small fortune to stay in Chicago??
You would figure Chicago is willing to break bank to pay him whatever he asks for. They have no one else at WR or TE who is as good as he is. Their top pick a year ago can't stay healthy.

Hindl

That's overpaying.. I need to take Peppers with our pick and McMillian with yours.. I need you to just be average..

I think that's fair

This is your pennance for passing on Wentz.

Like Peppers though, he would make a dope moneybacker.

You might get your wish though, Eagles have toughest remaining schedule in the league.

You would figure Chicago is willing to break bank to pay him whatever he asks for. They have no one else at WR or TE who is as good as he is. Their top pick a year ago can't stay healthy.
Can only pay if he wants to stay and I think he wants to get the hell out.

Can you blame him?

Did they Franchise him already?
Yes

This is your pennance for passing on Wentz.

Like Peppers though, he would make a dope moneybacker.

You might get your wish though, Eagles have toughest remaining schedule in the league.
He is athletic enough and makes Woodson look like a slob. He may not have his instincts.. but We need to go for him because of his versatility.

Raekwon can help stop making our Run D look like garbage. He has been solid since a freshmen. We need him

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
But not at as nice at LB and I need it at 15 minimum to have a chance at Raekwon..

I can't let him end up in a Pittsburgh Hindl.. I can't have this..

Don't let this happen.

Don't worry, the Steelers will be selecting a bust at OLB with their first rounder, guaranteed.

Top Bottom