• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Remember when Chip Kelly wasn't getting fired no matter what?

I remember saying he was absolutely going to be fired and people kept quoting fucking Ian Rapoport stating how he was in fact safe

The day he was canned I remember the thread blowing up with "WTF" "OMG" posts of the mentality of HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN and it is to this day one of the most baffling experiences I've had in a forum

And yes Mech was one of the CHIP'S STAYING folk

Duxxy3

I mean lack of highlights on social media means I'm less likely to turn on a potentially interesting game

Yeah I don't like that. I consider the gifs just more advertisement for the games.

Telling me that a player made a great play doesn't make me want to watch a game. SEEING a player make a great play makes me want to tune in.

MechDX

Remember when Chip Kelly wasn't getting fired no matter what?

Just not McNairs M.O.

I posted it earlier: Capers got 4 years! And never posted a winning season his best season was 7-9

Kubiak had a sub .500 record and got 8 years. He only got fired because he was specifically told not to insert Schaub into a TNF game vs the Jags in 2013 and did it anyway. If he had not done that I believe he would have been given another year.

My Bostonian friend was dying to take me to this place called Anna's Taqueria, and it was average as fuck. I felt bad for him. Very blessed to have lived next to good tex-mex most of my life.

It's ok and id eat that over the fast food burrito chains but it's still shit
So I'm eating shit

My uncle took me to a great burrito place near his navy base in San Diego , was really good

Pepiope

KevinMatuszak ‏@KevinMatuszak 1h1 hour ago
FWIW: I've been told that the #Eagles are highly likely to make an offer to the #Bears for Alshon Jeffery... if they can re-sign him. Rd 3/4

That would uh....Be huge. HUGE!

Striker

FWIW: I've been told that the #Eagles are highly likely to make an offer to the #Bears for Alshon Jeffery... if they can re-sign him. Rd 3/4

I'll be pissed.

Jeffery for a third and a fourth?

A third and fourth for him?

Is the league really going to let Howie wheel and deal like this again because they should bid just to keep him out of Philly.

How many more years until Jaguars coach Gus Bradley posts a winning season?
None because he should be fired at the end of the season.

Hindl

I'm sure they're asking about it, especially since he's almost definitely walking in FA, Chicago would be keen to get something out of it. On the one hand, it would be sweet to get him now, and we wouldn't have to enter a bidding war against other teams. OTOH, if we wait till the offseason we wouldn't have to get rid of picks. Still highly doubt it'll happen. And if it does I don't expect him to have a big role in the offense this year. Receivers don't really come in midseason and hit the ground running. Hell, Randy Moss was traded mid season and only caught 19 balls

No fucking way is a proven top WR worth only a 3rd round pick, unless there is some serious salary cap fuckery involved.

Chicago could either trade him now for a 3rd and 4th, or get nothing when he leaves in FA. Not necessarily the Eagles, but I could see them just wanting to get whatever they can. And it's just an inquiry, this probably means nothing.

Pepiope

No fucking way is a proven top WR worth only a 3rd round pick, unless there is some serious salary cap fuckery involved.
From what I've read, they would save like 8M this year and they don't expect him to come back next season. So they may as well get something for him now.

Howie is just trying to sign him to a deal to avoid a bidding war next season. He's willing to deal a pick to have that right. I mean. We can give up MIN's 4th rounder no problemo.

Pepiope

Surely other teams will bid and the price will go up.
Well they have to be willing to sign him long term. Who else is willing to take on 8M and lose a draft pick for a half season rental?

Chicago could either trade him now for a 3rd and 4th, or get nothing when he leaves in FA. Not necessarily the Eagles, but I could see them just wanting to get whatever they can. And it's just an inquiry, this probably means nothing.
Could just be an inquiry, but this tweet makes it seem more serious than that.

KevinMatuszak ‏@KevinMatuszak 49m49 minutes ago
For those asking, I don't have a timetable. I was told that the Torrey Smith scenario isn't real and that Howie is being "aggressive" for AJ

Hindl

Well they have to be willing to sign him long term. Who else is willing to take on 8M and lose a draft pick for a half season rental?

Any team looking to trade would be looking to sign him long term. I agree with Croc, if this is at all true should be a bidding war. If I were other GMs with the cap space I'd be contacting Chicago immediately.

Hindl

Could just be an inquiry, but this tweet makes it seem more serious than that.

KevinMatuszak ‏@KevinMatuszak 49m49 minutes ago
For those asking, I don't have a timetable. I was told that the Torrey Smith scenario isn't real and that Howie is being "aggressive" for AJ

Well he does have good sources. That was the guy who broke the Demarco to Philly signing before anyone else. But I bet Howie is being aggressive, still doubt it happens.

Pepiope

Any team looking to trade would be looking to sign him long term. I agree with Croc, if this is at all true should be a bidding war. If I were other GMs with the cap space I'd be contacting Chicago immediately.
Any team is willing to spend 8M+ on a long term deal with a WR? I disagree.

JABEE

:)

Edit: who is that?

Doomsayer

Any team is willing to spend 8M+ on a long term deal with a WR? I disagree.

Salary cap is going up every year, football is heavily slanted to offenses now. 8M+ a year isn't bad for a player of Jefferey's caliber (when healthy).

There is also no guarantee that he re-signs with whatever team he gets traded to.

CvpbYRuWYAA0f81.jpg

NFL...you've been put on notice. Rambo is coming for your ass.

Tom Penny

Give up tons off assets on a player on a team with no leverage going into free agency. Dumb GM'ing 101.

Top Bottom