• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Dishwalla

Banned
The Boise State game was insane for someone living in Boise at the time. For months all you heard about was that game, no matter what was happening in national sports it was the top highlight on local sports newscasts. The local Fox station replayed the game a few times over the following weeks. You couldn't walk into a Albertsons or a Fred Meyer or a Walgreens and not be inundated with blue and orange merch.

The small city of Boise Idaho got to have it's time in the big leagues, if even temporarily, and boy did that city relish it.

squicken

"This past January at the Senior Bowl I had coffee with a Vikings assistant coach and he made a salient, succinct point. “Two things are very clear in the NFL right now,” he said. “One is that the wide receivers are better than the cornerbacks. And two is that the defensive linemen are better than the offensive linemen.”

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What's the difference between a California Burrito and a regular Burrito? Is it just (aside from quality) that they put fries in it?

The California Burrito (which really should be dubbed the San Diego Burrito) replaces rice with french fries.

Mission/San Francisco style burritos are what you primarily see and is what ended up inspiring/spawning off the bigger chains like Chipotle and what not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_burrito

It has been referred to as one of three major styles of burritos in the United States, following the earlier, simple burrito consisting of beans, rice, and meat. It precedes the California burrito, which developed in the 1980s and contains cheese and potatoes.

Bread

Banned
What's the difference between a California Burrito and a regular Burrito? Is it just (aside from quality) that they put fries in it?
california burrito isn't just a burrito you find in california. it has carne asada, cheese, guac, and french fries.

burritos in san diego don't come with rice though, that's not limited to the california burrito.

Nothing, really. The one by me is Carne asada with seasoned French fries, salsa verde, pico de gallo, Oaxaca cheese, sour cream, and guacamole

EDIT: Ah, I guess it really is the fries

Draxal

"This past January at the Senior Bowl I had coffee with a Vikings assistant coach and he made a salient, succinct point. “Two things are very clear in the NFL right now,” he said. “One is that the wide receivers are better than the cornerbacks. And two is that the defensive linemen are better than the offensive linemen.”

I def agree with the second, I think the first is helped by refs and rules in general.

squicken

What was worse?

iAZHZWF.jpg

Besides deaths and illnesses, nothing will surpass that day

The universe is full of mysteries, friend. I mean Syracuse? Really? :(
It's aggravating. Then again, I have a feeling in my subconscious that I shouldn't say anything for some reason about teams not showing up.. like a horrible sensation in the pit of my stomach and a voice saying that is saying 10 points.. 10 points up..

So everyone is going to die?

Like I was saying the other day, the Dolphins have four first round picks on their o-line and it takes all of that for them to look competent against a decent defense. That is absurd. Obviously talent evaluation plays a role but it's a real problem. One of the reasons NE has been so successful with their quick passing game.

squicken

I def agree with the second, I think the first is helped by refs and rules in general.

I think the disparity of CB to WR is even more magnified in college. But WRs are just bigger and stronger than CBs and every bit as fast. If the NFL ever really cracked down on all the grabbing that DBs do, it would be even worse. I mean there isn't a deep throw anymore where the DB isn't holding the trail arm of the WR

Hindl

Ah thanks for the clarification. That sounds pretty dope I'd try that. I once had a gyro with fries in it and that was pretty great as well. Still prefer a classic one but I'd get that again

Ah thanks for the clarification. That sounds pretty dope I'd try that. I once had a gyro with fries in it and that was pretty great as well. Still prefer a classic one but I'd get that again

My Bostonian friend was dying to take me to this place called Anna's Taqueria, and it was average as fuck. I felt bad for him. Very blessed to have lived next to good tex-mex most of my life.

California burritos with fries arent as good as the ones with seasoned potatoes. It's really not even close. Through in some guac while you're at it for an optimal experience.

Hindl

My Bostonian friend was dying to take me to this place called Anna's Taqueria, and it was average as fuck. I felt bad for him. Very blessed to have lived next to good tex-mex most of my life.

Yeah you're right, when I came to Boston everyone was raving about Anna's and how it was so good, and I went there and it was completely average. It just tasted bland and everything blended together and I couldn't taste the individual ingredients. The real place to go in Boston is El Pelon. That place is legitimately good. I think that's what made Anna's even worse, because I lived next to El Pelon for a year and used to get their burritos all the time. Anna's was such a letdown after it. I've never been to the Southwest so I can't comment on it, though I doubt it's as good as the real thing. But I think it could at least hold it's own as a substitute. 538 ranked it as one of the top burritos in the country:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-handsome-man-burrito-and-its-plantains-win-by-a-nose/

I'd like to see what you think of it. To me it shits all over Anna's. Again, probably not as good as the real thing, but the best burrito I've had in the Northeast

Bread

Banned
It's just like a more fresh tasting chipotle, really not that special at all. You have no idea how bad the mexican is in New England.

Crooks with the brainpower of the Wet Bandits decided to burglarize the home of an NFL player while he was at a game.

“After a great win, came home to find my house was robbed,” Broncos linebacker DeMarcus Ware tweeted after Monday night’s 27-9 victory over the Texans. “Never about the material things for me but my safety. Thank God for hidden cameras.”

That’s right, Ware had hidden cameras in his house. Which, via the Denver Post, obtained clear images of the faces of the perps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tm_source=TW @SNFonNBC&utm_tags=srm[football]

these chipotle fucks don't know what makes a good burrito

christopher we shall meet at al & bea's for a bean and cheese burrito soon

It's sad friend, not everyone can experience our greatness,

Sounds good I have a few dealers I can go visit while I'm out there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...brien-says-considered-benching-brock-osweiler

HOUSTON -- Although Houston Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler played poorly in the team's 27-9 loss to the Denver Broncos, coach Bill O'Brien said he has not considered benching his quarterback.

"He's a good player," O'Brien said. "I think it's very difficult to come into a new system and a new team and just pick it up right away. I think everybody has to do a better job."

How hot is BoB's seat at this point? Or is he just taking orders from up top?

70 year old billionaires arguing about gifs. Arguing so passionately in fact, that one of them has to leave the room. What a time to be alive.

Top Bottom