• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

MechDX

I also think there was value in knowing that if you watched an NFL game in primetime, you would be entertained or you would get a good match.

The NFL has diluted their product. I don't think they have enough good match-ups to necessitate a Thursday Night Game.

They have essentially killed Monday Night Football too.

Remove TNF
Make every Monday a double header game
One game on NFLN/Twitter one on ESPN
????
Make MNF great again

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Blockbuster deal: Patriots traded LB Jamie Collins to Cleveland for a compensatory third-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

Woah

Tom Penny

I think Thursday Night Football is the single most damaging "product" that the NFL has wrought upon its brand above all of the issues that have been already mentioned. You can argue that the NFL trying to litigate celebrations, big hits, etc. have sucked some of the enjoyment out of the game and there's a fair point to be made there but TNF is an abomination. Not only in the quality of the respective product on the field every week (which is terrible), but the toll that it takes on NFL players health in a 16 game season and the overall preparedness that a team comes into these games with in a short week. It's just bad and it needs to end. I don't believe that there is a football fan in the world that would miss it.
TNF is the worst major sports product in history in basically all aspects.

JABEE

The Eagles game was a collapse by the Eagles.

They fumbled away a field goal and the Doug Pederson punted away three points on the other end.

Pederson should be taking a lot of responsibility for blowing that game even if his playcalling and decision to move to tempo helped the Eagles gain the lead.

Pederson's decisions at the end of the game lost the Eagles the game.

this_guy

Yes TNF has got to go.

The Monday Night game is no longer the premier match up ever since it moved to cable (espn).

Oh well I need to go get my free McNuggets and monster taco in a bit.

The Eagles game was a collapse by the Eagles.

They fumbled away a field goal and the Doug Pederson punted away three points on the other end.

Pederson should be taking a lot of responsibility for blowing that game even if his playcalling and decision to move to tempo helped the Eagles gain the lead.

Pederson's decisions at the end of the game lost the Eagles the game.

It's a shame because I think he called a good game up to that point.

Dishwalla

Banned
TNF is really only an advertisement for the NFL Network, which itself is something less and less people actually want. There's really no other reason for the Thursday night games.

Bread

Banned
Collins has been inconsistent but damn. Must mean Bill has a lot of confidence in Elandon Roberts.

This means we're giving Malcolm Hero an extension!!!!!!!!

JABEE

TNF is really only an advertisement for the NFL Network, which itself is something less and less people actually want. There's really no other reason for the Thursday night games.

The NFL's plan is to get as much TV money as possible.

If any Cable Channel, toilet bowl maker or failed social media company wants to give the NFL money, they will take it, even if the product suffers.

I did it!
1pp2FVk.jpg

I feel sad for Collins my new boy is probably so depressed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Remove TNF
Make every Monday a double header game
One game on NFLN/Twitter one on ESPN
????
Make MNF great again

Woah

Extend the season to 18 games even. I think Thursday night is just that toxic.

I still think schedule flexibility is the key also. There's no reason Titans-Jags should be the primetime game. I get there has to be balance because I don't want to watch the NFC East every damn weekend but there are also small market teams with strong narratives each season. This season should have more Vikings and Raiders games out front - and not games against the fucking Chicago Bears.

College is able to move shit around at the last second so should the NFL.

JABEE

Collins has been inconsistent but damn. Must mean Bill has a lot of confidence in Elandon Roberts.

This means we're giving Malcolm Hero an extension!!!!!!!!

Will Malcolm vote for Trump as stated in his contract? This is a moral question all future and current Pats are faced when making a deal with the devil himself

FTF

wtf...I always trust in Belichick but this one is hard to understand. We're going for another championship this year, damnit.

this_guy

Also the NFL really need to get rid of Phil Sims. I can't stand watching games where he's announcing. He offers no insight what-so-ever and every call or decision on the field is always the right call. Nintendo Power used to be more critical of Nintendo than Phil Sims is of anything football related.

lol being traded to the Browns is a harsh punishment. Bellichick must have really hated him.

vikki

[What do the Patriots know that we don't? Is it nagging injuries? And they sent him to the Browns. What are the Browns going to do with him?

Edit: I did say we, that's silly

Spinluck

Colts WRs straight up threw Luck under the bus after yesterday's game.

Fucked up considering Luck never complains or does that shit when the rest of the team does shit. O-line just gave up on him yesterday. I'm sure Pagano has his team under control!

squicken

Man it sounds like Teddy's injury was really gruesome

They won't talk about what the injury looked like, out of respect. These are men who long ago came to terms with the inhumanity of their game. They laugh about concussions and broken bones as a defense mechanism, the way an electrician might laugh with his buddies about getting a jolt from a faulty circuit. Occupational hazard.

But this is different. They close their eyes and wince, the image flashing in their minds. They shake their heads reflexively, as if they can dislodge the memory and evict it from their brains. They watched Teddy Bridgewater go down on that field on Aug. 30, his left leg separating at the knee, during the first minutes of a Vikings preseason practice. Every time they think about it, every time they stand near this field and close their eyes, they see it again.

Why do you do this, Squicken? Why?

Fans and media (really just Kempski and ESP) there seem to have blamed SB for stuff that is still a problem, only Wentz is forgiven. Eagles talking all that bs after last week also rankled. But they certainly aren't on my hate list or anything. Nothing like SEA or NE

MechDX

Colts WRs straight up threw Luck under the bus after yesterday's game.

Fucked up considering Luck never complains or does that shit when the rest of the team does shit. O-line just gave up on him yesterday. I'm sure Pagano has his team under control!

What did they say?

Move is worthless if we can't resign him. Tebow knows the Browns have the money though

Sushi brown pls resign. Hopefully they've already had something working

Apparently they couldn't get a long term deal worked out.

If Browns can't sign Collins we gonna look silly as fuck. It's a 3rd found comp pick we traded so end of round

Top Bottom