• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is why you're worst poster next to gata.

Yeah that post was....something else. Probably the scariest thing I'll see on Halloween.

Ok. You know I'll come back to it if you wrong pleighboi!...... you didn't have to do this

Okay but will you come back when I'm right? Nobody will because it's expected. Going to the Browns and failing is just par for the course.

I hope he pans out and y'all do well but I don't see it happening. Not an ex-Patriots player.

JABEE

How many division titles and Super Bowls the last 15 years? Everyon laughs and makes jokes when Bill does things like this but he just continues to win. I wish the some other team.....cough Texans would start to copy that blueprint

The Texans need to cheat like Bill.

BOB doesn't know the secret.

TheFatOne

Would rather they have kept Collins instead of trading him. He's been more bad than good this year. Even so pats defense really needs him, and I bet by the end of the year he would have been paying much better. They have two linebackers who can play and now they will only have one. The scary thing is highhtower is an injury risk. I get that they tried to sign Collins but couldn't so it's better to get a pick but I don't think that's the right decision given the lack of depth at linebacker. Don't like this move but understand why bill did it.

Tom Penny

That's nice.

Asterisks have no competition in their division.

Let's go round the league, shall we?

AFC North

Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals all good.

South

Manning went uncontested for years (though the Jags did make noise at first). Finally the Colts are getting grief from the Texans

West

Broncos, Chargers have been trading dominance for over a decade,

NFC North

Packers have the Vikings and Bears

South

Falcons, Saints, and Panthers

East

All 4 have won the division in the last decade

West

Cardinals, Niners, and Seahawks al have claimed the division.

The Asterisks have a lot of out of division wins, to be sure. You make the playoffs by winning your division though, and they haven't been given any serious challenge by any team in their division in almost a decade.
So what you're saying is the Pats beat basically everyone in the league consistently but couldn't win in other shitty divisions of the NFL. Gotcha.

The Texans need to cheat like Bill.

BOB doesn't know the secret.

I do.

etick_g_eadams09_350.jpg

Problems with all of Belichick's underlings is that they don't have this guy.

So what you're saying is the Pats beat basically everyone in the league consistently but couldn't win in other shitty divisions of the NFL. Gotcha.

Well, I thought that the Asterisks being dirty cheaters was implied by my calling them Asterisks, but if you need me to spell it out..

There's also the fact that the Asterisks are proven cheaters.

squicken

That's nice.

Asterisks have no competition in their division.

Let's go round the league, shall we?

AFC North

Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals all good.

South

Manning went uncontested for years (though the Jags did make noise at first). Finally the Colts are getting grief from the Texans

West

Broncos, Chargers have been trading dominance for over a decade,

NFC North

Packers have the Vikings and Bears

South

Falcons, Saints, and Panthers

East

All 4 have won the division in the last decade

West

Cardinals, Niners, and Seahawks al have claimed the division.

The Asterisks have a lot of out of division wins, to be sure. You make the playoffs by winning your division though, and they haven't been given any serious challenge by any team in their division in almost a decade.

gZJErZU.jpg

AFCS in Brady era

Duxxy3

Would rather they have kept Collins instead of trading him. He's been more bad than good this year. Even so pats defense really needs him, and I bet by the end of the year he would have been paying much better. They have two linebackers who can play and now they will only have one. The scary thing is highhtower is an injury risk. I get that they tried to sign Collins but couldn't so it's better to get a pick but I don't think that's the right decision given the lack of depth at linebacker. Don't like this move but understand why bill did it.

Hightower is the better linebacker, but I worry that he'll take the Mayo route and have a shorter career (mostly because of his build).

I have really liked Elandon Roberts, but after Hightower the linebacker play falls off a cliff. Maybe they think they can get away with Hightower, Roberts and Mingo.

Collins didn't have a good sunday. That's for sure. He let that Bills running back truck through him at the goal line. That would not have happened if it was Hightower or even Roberts. His effort was the lowest I've seen in a long time.

So dougie was asked today about the play call on the 3rd and 8 play at Dallas' 30 yard line with 5 minutes left and the Eagles up by 7. He said that he would absolutely make that same call again and that the only problem was the lack of execution by the players. Eagles could have just taken a knee there and kicked the FG and won the game. Not sure what I expected him to say about it, but I hate when coaches double down on something this stupid.

Anyone here get to any of the London games? I went to both the Wembley fixtures.

Colts vs Jaguars wasn't great....fucking Colts...ugh. But yesterday's game was really good, good atmosphere too.

How are the London games received in the US? I assume people don't really get up early to watch them...but is there any resentment that you're losing 3 games a year?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anyone here get to any of the London games? I went to both the Wembley fixtures.

Colts vs Jaguars wasn't great....fucking Colts...ugh. But yesterday's game was really good, good atmosphere too.

How are the London games received in the US? I assume people don't really get up early to watch them...but is there any resentment that you're losing 3 games a year?

Slight resentment from the "home team" to lose a home game.

They don't usually make a "marquee team" lose a home game by sending them to London though. You won't see a Packers home game in London anytime soon.

The Randy Watson kid is how I see BG.

I was just thinking that Kave would be the one in the McDowell's uniform.

LJ11

Collins had a rough game yesterday, but to think that you'd want Hightower over him, I'm not sure. Hightower is the better pass rusher, and he's somehow been able to cover guys, something I never thought would happen, but Collins is the better all around guy. Hightower's price must be lower, all I can say. It's amazing that a team contending for the superbowl would make a move like this. That rookie LB from Houston made a hell of a play on a cutback run, shit was going the distance, but he made a big play. Wonder what else they see in him.

Can the Bills trade Gilmore for something? LOL

Greg

as a viewer, the travel/schedule makes the play a bit questionable

but EST makes it the perfect time to watch on a Sunday morning... and in the case of yesterday's game, it rolled perfectly into the afternoon games

squicken

More than anything I noted a sympathy for London for getting such bad games. At least yesterday was good. Have the Rams and Jags playing a game over there every year made an impact on their status among fans there?

I watch them, I think they're great but I wish y'all got better games. It's usually TNF 2.0.

Pepiope

@JoshPaunil
Per @PFF: The Eagles' 14% drop rate against Dallas was the highest mark in the NFL this week. Wentz ranks 4th in passes dropped this season.

Wentz completed 74% of his passes. 14% of them were dropped. :(

Duxxy3

Collins had a rough game yesterday, but to think that you'd want Hightower over him, I'm not sure. Hightower is the better pass rusher, and he's somehow been able to cover guys, something I never thought would happen, but Collins is the better all around guy. Hightower's price must be lower, all I can say. It's amazing that a team contending for the superbowl would make a move like this. That rookie LB from Houston made a hell of a play on a cutback run, shit was going the distance, but he made a big play. Wonder what else they see in him.

Can the Bills trade Gilmore for something? LOL

He is a REALLY tough kid.

Made a shitload of tackles at Houston. In one of the pre-season games he played through a lot of pain. Was having difficulties getting around after some plays. But he never asked for a break, and when the ball snapped he didn't skip a beat. He is a tackling machine.

Bills loves the kid.

More than anything I noted a sympathy for London for getting such bad games. At least yesterday was good. Have the Rams and Jags playing a game over there every year made an impact on their status among fans there?

Not that I can tell. The most popular teams are the ones you'd expect...Patriots, Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Giants...

I think the fact Rams are now LA might give them a leg up.

No hope for the Jags. Not until they turn them in to the London Monarchs or some shit anyway.

By and large I think people are okay with the games for now...because it's the only chance they get to see NFL and it is competitive at least. But I think that will begin to taper off in a couple of years and people will want better teams.

@JoshPaunil
Per @PFF: The Eagles' 14% drop rate against Dallas was the highest mark in the NFL this week. Wentz ranks 4th in passes dropped this season.

Wentz completed 74% of his passes. 14% of them were dropped. :(

I read this and thought...you know what, I bet Colts are #1 for most passes dropped. And of course we fucking are.

MechDX

Marc Vandermeer ‏@TexansVoice 45s45 seconds ago
Opponents records of AFC division leaders (so far)
Hou 35-25
Pitts 29-22-1
Denv 27-34
NE. 26-34-1

I didnt realize that but IMO it just shows the Texans winning with below mediocre QB play

Top Bottom