• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

TheFatOne

Collins had a rough game yesterday, but to think that you'd want Hightower over him, I'm not sure. Hightower is the better pass rusher, and he's somehow been able to cover guys, something I never thought would happen, but Collins is the better all around guy. Hightower's price must be lower, all I can say. It's amazing that a team contending for the superbowl would make a move like this. That rookie LB from Houston made a hell of a play on a cutback run, shit was going the distance, but he made a big play. Wonder what else they see in him.

Can the Bills trade Gilmore for something? LOL

Collins ceiling is highers than Hightower, but High is just much more consistent. You know what to expect from him every game. Can't say the same about Collins. When he is on though he's just a monster. Like that game he had against the Texans. Looked like he was worth 15 mil easily.

I think this pretty much confirms that Bill really likes the rookie Roberts. He's had some eye opening plays this season. Did you see what he did to Joe Thomas?

ExcitableGrippingArthropods-size_restricted.gif

He has made plays ever since they started playing him. So far he has seemed like the real deal, but it's a small sample size. Think this is a sign the Pats think he's for real. At least that is what I keep telling myself after the Pats just traded my favorite player on defense.

jmdajr

Tomlin era Steelers have this bizarre split where they are just awful against really bad teams. Cleveland will probably sweep them

One thing about the Texans, you can always count them to beat bad teams, and fall flat on their face against elite teams.

LJ11

FatOne, I didn't see the play against Thomas, but I saw what he did on that cutback run. You could drive a truck through that hole, but he stayed home enough to make the stop, diving stop, but a stop nonetheless, was going for 6 if you ask me. They were blowing him pretty good in the booth, just reiterating what Patricia told them.

Pats gaf class picture

False, we have at least 2 black Pats fans here.
Me and Bread

At least that is what I keep telling myself after the Pats just traded my favorite player on defense.

I always liked Hightower over Collins as a player. But dammit, Collins is something special, no doubt about that. It really sucks to se him go.

Unrelated news: https://youtu.be/hnXD6FRZtn0

I want to buy Skyrim Special Edition, but I don't have time :(

Bread

Banned
Collins had a rough game yesterday, but to think that you'd want Hightower over him, I'm not sure. Hightower is the better pass rusher, and he's somehow been able to cover guys, something I never thought would happen, but Collins is the better all around guy. Hightower's price must be lower, all I can say. It's amazing that a team contending for the superbowl would make a move like this. That rookie LB from Houston made a hell of a play on a cutback run, shit was going the distance, but he made a big play. Wonder what else they see in him.

Can the Bills trade Gilmore for something? LOL
You've never been a fan of Hightower. He's absolutely a top 5 LB and most of all he is consistent. Collins has games where he looks like the best LB on earth or he is invisible. I take HT any day over that.

TheFatOne

FatOne, I didn't see the play against Thomas, but I saw what he did on that cutback run. You could drive a truck through that hole, but he stayed home enough to make the stop, diving stop, but a stop nonetheless, was going for 6 if you ask me. They were blowing him pretty good in the booth, just reiterating what Patricia told them.

Seems like he makes a play or two like this in every game. Not necessarily stopping potential TDs like this play, but just making standout plays overall. Relying on him though is asking for trouble.

MechDX

Bucky Brooks Wellington is a Osweiler Truther!!

https://twitter.com/BuckyBrooks

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 1h1 hour ago
Bucky Brooks Retweeted Around The NFL
It's important for skeptics to acknowledge Osweiler's lack of experience (15 NFL starts; 30 total starts since HS). Reps matter at QB

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 53m53 minutes ago
Bucky Brooks Retweeted Tom Kessenich
Market value is also driven by supply and demand.. There weren't a lot of young options on the market, so HOU had to pay a premium for BO

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 53m53 minutes ago
Bucky Brooks Retweeted Steven Kriz
No matter how much you pay him, you can't accelerate the learning/development process.. Takes time to figure out how to best use him

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 51m51 minutes ago
Bucky Brooks Retweeted Rodi
Sitting isn't playing.. Practice reps are different than game reps.. Speed, tempo and timing is much faster in games

TheFatOne

False, we have at least 2 black Pats fans here.
Me and Bread

I always liked Hightower over Collins as a player. But dammit, Collins is something special, no doubt about that. It really sucks to se him go.

Unrelated news: https://youtu.be/hnXD6FRZtn0

I want to buy Skyrim Special Edition, but I don't have time :(

Collins was just a lot of fun to watch. Can't remember the last time the Pats had an athletic freak like that on defense. I always flipped between Hightower and Collins as my favorite players. Sucks to see such a talented guy go. Hope he finds success wherever he ends up.

You really doing that to your own post.

It feels like your ejaculating on my sad corpse, not even giving me time to grieve.

Collins was just a lot of fun to watch. Can't remember the last time the Pats had an athletic freak like that on defense. I always flipped between Hightower and Collins as my favorite players. Sucks to see such a talented guy go. Hope he finds success wherever he ends up.

Yeah, Collins was just a really exciting player to watch. He can make 1 or 2 plays a game nobody else can make. I hope he does great in the Cleve. Just really hope this means they re-sign both Butler and Hightower.

LJ11

You've never been a fan of Hightower. He's absolutely a top 5 LB and most of all he is consistent. Collins has games where he looks like the best LB on earth or he is invisible. I take HT any day over that.

Not entirely true, I thought he was a flat out stud before blowing out his knee. After the injury, he didn't look as smooth, was used as a pass rusher on 3rd down, which he was good at, but I never saw him as a cover guy coming out of Bama, he's certainly better than I ever imagined. Thought he would be a two down thumper that would come off the field or rush on the edge on 3rd down.

Duxxy3

It feels like your ejaculating on my sad corpse, not even giving me time to grieve.

Yeah, Collins was just a really exciting player to watch. He can make 1 or 2 plays a game nobody else can make. I hope he does great in the Cleve. Just really hope this means they re-sign both Butler and Hightower.

There's a lot of players that could be leaving soon.

Hightower, Butler, Ryan, Harmon, Long, Sheard, Solder, Cannon, Gronk (restructure), Bennett, Blount.

I think that's all.

Tom Penny

Yep But Collins can also get burned twice by Owen Daniels and Mannings corpse in an AFC championship...

There's a lot of players that could be leaving soon.

Hightower, Butler, Ryan, Harmon, Long, Sheard, Solder, Cannon, Gronk (restructure), Bennett, Blount.

I think that's all.

You wan't me to step down from the ledge or jump, friend?

Yep But Collins can also get burned twice by Owen Daniels and Mannings corpse in an AFC championship...

And that's why he's a Brown Brown and not a Brown Patriot anymore.

Farooq

Banned
This is going to sound silly, but I always thought Bill misused Collins. Just find ways to let him rush the passer.

Regardless, this trade does bring up an interesting scenario. Say you have a 10+ sack guy in the final year of his rookie contract, do you pay him or flip him for a top 100 pick.

MechDX

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaroCSN 3m3 minutes ago
It's fitting that Andre Johnson retires on Halloween. One of my favorite memories from covering him is based around the holiday. (1/2)

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaroCSN 3m3 minutes ago
Once @JamesPalmerTV spotted him cleaning out WR gloves from his locker. Andre said he gave them out to trick-or-treaters. (2/2)

Thats awesome

Bread

Banned
Not entirely true, I thought he was a flat out stud before blowing out his knee. After the injury, he didn't look as smooth, was used as a pass rusher on 3rd down, which he was good at, but I never saw him as a cover guy coming out of Bama, he's certainly better than I ever imagined. Thought he would be a two down thumper that would come off the field or rush on the edge on 3rd down.
He's one of the toughest mfers I've ever seen, he might not bring the raw athleticism that Collins has but he is absolutely the guy I'd choose if I had to pick between them. Shame we had to pick.
:') I'm doing it

Pretty sure Bill sees Hightower as more integral to the defense than Collins anyhow. I mean, he's the one with the green dot on defense.

Duxxy3

Pretty sure Bill sees Hightower as more integral to the defense than Collins anyhow. I mean, he's the one with the green dot on defense.

Collins gets the dot if Hightower goes down. Don't know who gets the dot if Hightower goes down now. Ninkovich maybe?

Top Bottom