• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This Collins thing makes me want to break my laptop in half

Meh, dude is wreaking havoc with the Cardinals, probably top 5 at the position. Worth Von Miller money? No, but serious money he would have really helped the pass rush and overall defence this season as well.

Oft injured, never showed up in big games, always lit up crap teams to boost his numbers. He was good, but not great. He didn't deserve top tier money.

I love me some Seymour, but he and Von aren't even close.

Nonsense. Seymour wasn't as eye catching as Von because of the different positions but he had every bit as much impact on opposing offences as Von Miller does.

Now I'm going to go have a shower because I feel filthy having complimented a Pats player.

Duxxy3

The pick in the trade today will be based on this coming offseason, right? Look at the Browns list of upcoming FAs and tell me who will fetch a 3rd round compensation pick. Browns got rid of a ton of guys last year, this year they will be adding guys not losing guys. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see the Pats get a 4th back and not a 3rd.

This would go down as Bill's worst trade if it falls to a fourth round pick.

Trading a former 2nd rounder, a pro-bowl player, for a 4th round pick. All of this during a super bowl run.

At least when we traded away Jones it was the offseason and we got good value for trading him away. At minimum we should have got our 2nd rounder back for Collins.

This would go down as Bill's worst trade if it falls to a fourth round pick.

Trading a former 2nd rounder, a pro-bowl play, for a 4th round pick. All of this during a super bowl run.

At least when we traded away Jones it was the offseason and we got good value for trading him away. At minimum we should have got our 2nd rounder back for Collins.

At least we have Jonathan Coope...

Wait, doesn't he also play for the Brow..

glover-2013-12-31-13-14-49.gif

8-8! BILL IS GOING BACK TO THE CLEVE NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

cdyhybrid

Radio is diving deep on the last play. Corner was tiny and was six yards off while basically directly overhead instead of cheating in, along with no safety help. Could have thrown a slant to Kearse for an almost guaranteed TD.

Radio is diving deep on the last play. Corner was tiny and was six yards off while basically directly overhead instead of cheating in, along with no safety help. Could have thrown a slant to Kearse for an almost guaranteed TD.

We have all seen how wussel does with throwing slants to win games.

Hindl

Eagles schedule is brutal giants, falcons, Seahawks and packers. I could see an ugly skid coming up.

That part of the schedule is why I was always nervous about this season, although admittedly it looks better now than it did in the offseason. Giants are a divisional game so who knows what happens, but the Packers at home, and even @ Seahawks are looking much more winnable than they were. The Seahawks D will feast, but our DL should do equally well against their OL, especially if Russell is still hobbled. Falcons game is also brutal, but at home so we'll see. Expecting this season to end around 8-8 looking at what's remaining

Bread

Banned
Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins are really similar, athletic freaks who put up absurd numbers in a few games then disappear too.

I miss them both but I'd rather have Hero and Hightower!!!

TheFatOne

Nonsense. Seymour wasn't as eye catching as Von because of the different positions but he had every bit as much impact on opposing offences as Von Miller does.

Now I'm going to go have a shower because I feel filthy having complimented a Pats player.

After last year I just put Von in another level entirely, but that is probably because I saw the Broncos completely annihilate the Pats oline.

They have to be Von Miller tier to get paid?

Chandler Jones deserved to get paid. He got shipped off instead. Bill doesn't WANT players like Von Miller. Too expensive. Bill wants players who play assignment football as instructed.

Jones situation is different. Jones deserves to be paid by another team. He was a consistent no show in the playoffs for the Pats, and then he smokes synthetic marijuana in a playoff week. Doesn't make sense from the Pats perspective to waste a ton of money on a guy who is not going to show up when you need him.

Ok Patriots? emm I guess you guys are confident in offense enough

But I refuse to believe the Browns win this trade though per usual.
I guess at the worst it's a 1.5 year rental with the franchise tag but we'll get the comp for him if he leaves. Hopefully the deal is getting done

I guess Collins is the best player on the Browns defense now probably.

Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins are really similar, athletic freaks who put up absurd numbers in a few games then disappear too.

Why not keep them all. Pats are $10m under the cap this year, and $64m under for next year. They easily could have kept everyone and given themselves the best chance to win this year.

Generate

Banned
A lot of L's in the NFL have to do with what a team COULD have done but didn't.
I'm sure a lot of teams in a given situation would have done something different in hindsight, but winning requires spur of the moment good decisions.

bionic77

Please God in Heaven above hear my prayers and the prayers of all my decent brothers at NFL GAF.

We are afraid Lord. The world is a scary place these days. It looks like the Patriots and Trump are taking over. Protect us from this evil Lord. We are even prepared to sacrifice Floyd a hundred times if that is what it takes.

Duxxy3

Why not keep them all. Pats are $10m under the cap this year, and $64m under for next year. They easily could have kept everyone and given themselves the best chance to win this year.

There's a lot of players that could be leaving soon.

Hightower, Butler, Ryan, Harmon, Long, Sheard, Solder, Cannon, Gronk (restructure), Bennett, Blount.

I think that's all.

There's no way we keep everybody. Even taking away the 25 million a year we would have had to pay Collins and Jones, we're still not going to be able to keep everyone.

Please God in Heaven above hear my prayers and the prayers of all my decent brothers at NFL GAF.

We are afraid Lord. The world is a scary place these days. It looks like the Patriots and Trump are taking over. Protect us from this evil Lord. We are even prepared to sacrifice Floyd a hundred times if that is what it takes.
I see more and more trump signs everyday .....
I've seen more then one Hillary for jail sign

Zeke

Of course Jamie Collins gets traded to the Browns the week before they play my team lol.

Will he play?
He might but I wouldn't expect him to have a big impact Sunday. Steelers, ravens, skins and vikes gonna be an interesting few weeks coming up.

Hindl

And two of our best secondary players are knocked out....you could possibly do it.

No offense to Browns-Gaf, but how will they do it if they're never on the field? They're going to be run over by one of their own as Zeke dominates T.O.P. and the Browns are on the field for like 20 minutes max

Mindlog

@wingoz
The kicker with the worst FG % on the season.... was the only one drafted.. Robert Aguayo.. whom The Bucs traded up in the 2nd round to get
I will not have the integrity of the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE'S TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS slandered by petty stats and historical trends. Let's revisit this 10-15 years down the road. When most of you olds can't see without your artificial eyes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

When Collins popped he was much more impressive than Jones. That being said his faults have caused major issues in the past, namely afcc last year getting burned twice by 90 year old Owen Daniels.

Top Bottom