• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

bionic77

How long was Wussle married?

Kids are great but it's nice to wait a few years before you have them and just enjoy the no condom fuck whenever lifestyle.

Those days don't come back...

Hindl

Yup, our WR corps is trash outside of JMatt, and even he's just good enough to get stuff done. And those are all picks in the 1-3rd rounds over the past 4 years. That's why I'm alright giving up something for Jeffery, even though it won't happen. There's no really impressive WRs in this draft and we haven't had good success drafting them anyway, I want a proven #1. Really hope Howie can get him in the offseason

bionic77

Davante Adams NFC Offensive Player of the Week... rest of the league, are you even trying?
I picked him up in fantasy. I am sure he and Rodgers (my fantasy qb) will find a way to let me down against the Falcons defense that lets everyone put up 30.

Also, the Steelers are trying but most of our starters on defense died along with our starting qb so playing football is kind of hard right now.

Thank God for the bye. We won't be like the Browns for at least one week.

MechDX

Stupid idea but the Texans should just trade Hopkins.

Maybe then Brock wont feel obligated to force the damn ball to him every other play

Greg

a good QB makes his receivers better - see what the GOAT is doing with Davante right now!

maybe you should be looking for a new QB with those picks instead of a WR

I picked him up in fantasy. I am sure he and Rodgers (my fantasy qb) will find a way to let me down against the Falcons defense that lets everyone put up 30.

Also, the Steelers are trying but most of our starters on defense died along with our starting qb so playing football is kind of hard right now.

the Bears tricked you, friend

Rodgers will resume his trash play this week :(

Pepiope

Yup, our WR corps is trash outside of JMatt, and even he's just good enough to get stuff done. And those are all picks in the 1-3rd rounds over the past 4 years. That's why I'm alright giving up something for Jeffery, even though it won't happen. There's no really impressive WRs in this draft and we haven't had good success drafting them anyway, I want a proven #1. Really hope Howie can get him in the offseason
Yeah. I doubt anything happens this week, but I so badly want it to. I can easily see us sending Aggy to CHI.

MechDX

Tbf the doom and gloom over Brock after 7 games is just as silly as thinking he was a franchise qb after 7 games last year.

Normally I would agree but he cant even do the basics right at this point and has regressed every week since the first game.

Wen the biggest positive is " well he didnt throw an INT on Monday" it isnt good. Sadly, barring injury, he isnt being benched until midseason next year at the earliest

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Davante Adams NFC Offensive Player of the Week... rest of the league, are you even trying?

What a weird world we live in.

I still think that he's going to get hit with that "Jermichael Finley" injury now that he's playing better.

Normally I would agree but he cant even do the basics right at this point and has regressed every week since the first game.

Wen the biggest positive is " well he didnt throw an INT on Monday" it isnt good. Sadly, barring injury, he isnt being benched until midseason next year at the earliest

Eh. I think the Brock hate is overblown. The Broncos are still dominant on defense, he's only played 7 games, and like I said before how many snaps did he realistically get to take while spelling Peyton Manning in Denver? Give the guy time.

Hindl

Yeah. I doubt anything happens this week, but I so badly want it to. I can easily see us sending Aggy to CHI.

McLane bringing up the point they can't extend him though:

Jeff McLaneVerified account
‏@Jeff_McLane Jeff McLane Retweeted The Money Badger
All I know is that they can't extend a Franchise Player, per CBA.
The Money Badger @Scott2345
@Jeff_McLane @phillysport any truth to the eagles wanting to acquire Alshon?

So I can't see Howie giving up picks if he can't also work out an extension in the trade. Jeffery could say he'd definitely work out an extension once the offseason hits, but with no guarantee, it's just a chance of getting a 2 month rental for picks and cap space. Maybe if we were a piece away from being contenders I'd consider it, but I'd want Jeffery for the future, not just a year. Just gotta hope Eagles win the bidding war in March

Eh. I think the Brock hate is overblown. The Broncos are still dominant on defense, he's only played 7 games, and like I said before how many snaps did he realistically get to take while spelling Peyton Manning in Denver? Give the guy time.

Plus his three losses have come against New England, Minnesota, and Denver. Not exactly defensive slouches. He definitely has problems and at this point his confidence might be broken, but I don't think he's quite as bad as it appears.

jmdajr

There's still Monday, Nov. 21st and Saturday Night Xmas Eve Fuckball.

Playing at night is stupid.

I need my sleep! It's makes no sense to stay up for these car wrecks. Heck it be great if it was a London game. Get that shit out of the way first!

jmdajr

I went with Montgomery because....I need something.

Greg

What a weird world we live in.

I still think that he's going to get hit with that "Jermichael Finley" injury now that he's playing better.
he already had his moment this season where I thought he was dead, so it's smooth sailing from here

as long as Rodgers remains inaccurate, Davante will be great!

Line_HTX

A lot of people here don't give any quarterbacks time unless it's convenient for them, so what else can be said?

bionic77

Tbf the doom and gloom over Brock after 7 games is just as silly as thinking he was a franchise qb after 7 games last year.
Two things. The salary and people bought into the hype.

It is pretty normal for people to look at some scrub who gets 70 million dollars or whatever and expect them not to play like they are the 5th best qb in Cleveland.

But more than that I think a lot of Texans fans got caught up in the hype and the preseason bullshit and when it does not pan out they turn to the dark side and blame the fact their wife got fat, their job sucks and worst of all their football team might not make the playoffs in the worst division in football on brock. He is the easiest scapegoat out there right now (JJ shows his brilliance once again by being injured so as to escape this crap). One of the worst things in life is to believe in something and be let down.

MechDX

He is making me miss Schaub. Matt Pick 6 Meltdown Schaub.

A Texans blogger pointed out they removed slants and and crossing patterns over the middle from the game plan two weeks ago to try and make him more comfortable in the pocket. If a blogger is seeing this how can opposing defenses not see it?

he already had his moment this season where I thought he was dead, so it's smooth sailing from here

as long as Rodgers remains inaccurate, Davante will be great!

So with Brock he would already be Jerry Rice?

It is pretty normal for people to look at some scrub who gets 70 million dollars or whatever and expect them not to play like they are the 5th best qb in Cleveland.

But more than that I think a lot of Texans fans got caught up in the hype and the preseason bullshit and when it does not pan out they turn to the dark side and blame the fact their wife got fat, their job sucks and worst of all their football team might not make the playoffs in the worst division in football on brock. He is the easiest scapegoat out there right now (JJ shows his brilliance once again by being injured so as to escape this crap). One of the worst things in life is to believe in something and be let down.

Bionic with the worked shoot on Texan fans

FMT using his time valuably

When the 1-6 49ers return from their bye, an effort will be made to force the team to bid farewell to G.M. Trent Baalke.

Via 49erswebzone.com, an anti-Baalke banner will fly over Levi’s Stadium in connection with the team’s next home game, on November 6 against the Saints. The public funding goal of $1,076 was quickly reached, allowing for the “#FireTrent” message to be displayed to anyone at the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/26/anti-baalke-banner-to-fly-over-next-49ers-home-game/

jmdajr

hmmmmm

Line_HTX

I need my sleep! It's makes no sense to stay up for these car wrecks. Heck it be great if it was a London game. Get that shit out of the way first!

At this point, the league scheduling person needs to get fired and put everything at noon or 3:25. So exhausted having to stay up for stupidity.

MechDX

I said inaccurate, not blind!

and to complete a pass, you have to secure the ball long enough to actually throw it

sorry, Mech

85482-cheetah-in-the-rain-gif-Imgur-XInS.gif

MechDX

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 2h2 hours ago
Time to start talking about @HoustonTexans CB A.J. Bouye—the highest-graded cornerback in the league this season: http://bit.ly/2dWfFPf

CvskPkaXgAAz2FN.jpg:large

#Positive

The can cut Joseph next year with a 500K cap hit and save 6.5 million. Resign Bouye and pair him with Kevin Johnson (who was also having a great season until he broke his foot last week :( )and have a great starting CB tandem the next 5 years.

Sadly DB coach John Butler will likely be up for some DC positions around the league. Interviewed for Niners spot this year after Vrabel turned them down.

jmdajr

CvskPkaXgAAz2FN.jpg:large

#Positive

The can cut Joseph next year with a 500K cap hit and save 6.5 million. Resign Bouye and pair him with Kevin Johnson (who was also having a great season until he broke his foot last week :( )and have a great starting CB tandem the next 5 years.

Sadly DB coach John Butler will likely be up for some DC positions around the league. Interviewed for Niners spot this year after Vrabel turned them down.
Is he still hurt? Bouye?

Top Bottom