• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
5Opui.gif

Duxxy3

Dolphins ignored concussion protocol.

They should lose all draft picks this year.

edit: They should also have a book thrown at them. Something large and heavy will do just fine.

Farooq

Banned
#PatsSouth is real....

Now about that QB

Sorry buddy, Garret and Wes have older ties..

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4685024/jason-garretts-role-in-wes-welkers-rise

”His last year in Miami he was the scout team quarterback, I was the scout team receiver and then becoming a coach he always instilled a lot of confidence in us," Welker said. ”I remember one time I sat there and told him, ‘Jason, I think I can get them on this or that route or whatever and he said ‘Wes, you know what, you can get them on any route. It's just great to hear that confidence from a coach and that edge. In my mind I thought, ‘You're right.'"

Wes is coming to Dallas to teach Beasley the ways of the short receiver.

MechDX

Dolphins ignored concussion protocol.

They should lose all draft picks this year.

edit: They should also have a book thrown at them. Something large and heavy will do just fine.

C3C_HaeWQAEmDxb.jpg:large

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
More
No punishment for Dolphins for not following concussion protocol, but could be if they commit violations in the future

He was bleeding from the mouth and did nothing. As much as people hate on Brady for the whole deflate nonsense it is seriously hypocritical of the league to do nothing to the Dolphins. The document I posted shows that bleeding from the mouth is a clear documented symptom of a concussion and requires going to the locker room. Dolphins should be subject to more punishment than a damn slap on the wrist

Player safety my left nut

BigAT

He was bleeding from the mouth and did nothing. As much as people hate on Brady for the whole deflate nonsense it is seriously hypocritical of the league to do nothing to the Dolphins. The document I posted shows that bleeding from the mouth is a clear documented symptom of a concussion and requires going to the locker room.

Player safety my left nut

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this on the Dolphins? The doctor that evaluated Moore on the sidelines is supposed to be independent and unaffiliated with the Dolphins. That doctor cleared him to go back on the field.

The doctor certainly screwed up, but they put independent medical evaluators on the sideline for a reason. What is wrong with the way the Dolphins as a team handled it?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is this on the Dolphins? The doctor that evaluated Moore on the sidelines is supposed to be independent and unaffiliated with the Dolphins. That doctor cleared him to go back on the field.

The doctor certainly screwed up, but they put independent medical evaluators on the sideline for a reason. What is wrong with the way the Dolphins as a team handled it?

The pats are scared of us and doing everything they can to sabotage us for next season! Go ahead and suspend Moore!

Maybe his brain is bleeding

The brain needs blood to function, I don't see the issue.

MechDX

Statement says that both the team doctor and the independant doctor failed to recognize the symptom and react. Someone needs to call the league out on the independent doctor no doubt but at the same time it falls on the team to actually give a shit about their own player.

yet everyone freaked out for two years about some air in a football, took away draft picks and suspended a starting QB for 4 games....priorities!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://deadspin.com/roger-goodell-insists-that-thursday-games-are-not-ass-1791626386

Cowherd said he was not sold that the games on short rest were necessarily worse, citing fewer penalties and higher completion percentages to combat the “media narrative.” These two specific categories wouldn’t account for running backs, who absorb more hits and tackles on offense, and it ignores that the quality of the games can be seen by actually watching the games, but okay—apparently Cowherd enjoys the Thursday-edition Los Angeles Rams without gritting his teeth, because he said, “We do think the games are pretty darn good.” Goodell agreed.

“We’re more than just optics here,” Goodell said. “We’re into facts. So, go to the same statistics, because you’re right about the quality of the games on Thursday night. There are actually less penalties, less turnovers—almost by every barometer, the quality of the game is better on Thursday night.”

Goodell admitted that not every game would be competitive, and maintained that there was no increased risk of injury for players in Thursday games.

#ThursdayNightQuality

BigAT

Statement says that both the team doctor and the independant doctor failed to recognize the symptom and react. Someone needs to call the league out on the independent doctor no doubt but at the same time it falls on the team to actually give a shit about their own player.

yet everyone freaked out for two years about some air in a football, took away draft picks and suspended a start player for 4 games....priorities!

How can the NFL hold teams accountable to a standard they can't even meet themselves?

bionic77

Pls watch this, skip to about 1:30. This is JoyConBoyz at their best. Laughed a good couple times
https://youtu.be/o3v8aY8R_QI
( language warning )
JoyConBoyz don't fuck around.

Hey man. I was a kid! That was back when I almost cried when my dad told me wrestling was fake and that a Jake's snake was not really venomous. I was like but you can see his blood!

When I was a kid I had recorded WWF Superstars to watch when we got home from church on sunday and my dad made it a point to pause Yokozuna's butt splash to show me that he didn't actually smash his opponents but instead landed on his feet over them. My dad did not protect the business.

bionic77

When I was a kid I had recorded WWF Superstars to watch when we got home from church on sunday and my dad made it a point to pause Yokozuna's butt splash to show me that he didn't actually smash his opponents but instead landed on his feet over them. My dad did not protect the business.
Thats fucking ice cold.

Why dads gotta be like that...

Duxxy3

That shit's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom