• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Wonder if he wil get 25 tds next year on the Pats..

Would you want him though? Even at the vet minimum.

He was a great running back, but he's 32 years old. I don't think he is capable of a full season any longer. I could be wrong here. Just my thoughts.

jmdajr

He was a great running back, but he's 32 years old. I don't think he is capable of a full season any longer. I could be wrong here. Just my thoughts.

What is the VET minimum? How do you meet the requirement?

JaMarco

Uh yes I would want Peterson at the vet minimum.

200,000 fans expected for NFL Draft

Draft details.

The Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be transform into a festival the size of 25 football fields, open free to the public before and during the draft.

Activities at the festival which is open noon to 11 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, include a 100-yard zip line across the parkway, exhibits featuring Eagles memorabilia, the Vince Lombardi Trophy, and a chance to visit the draft set and replica NFL locker rooms.

There will also be a football field and the opportunity to run a 40-yard dash, test your vertical leap and kick a field goal.

More at article.

Anyone coming for the draft? It's about 8 blocks from my house so I'll probably walk over each night.

I'm sure it's gonna be a mess if Zelda ends up with a higher Metacritic. Or vice-versa really. Gah.

Only on GAF can there be controversy about two good games being out at the same time.

Jarnet87

Oh yeah that Zelda review thread is gonna be a bloodbath either way. Lots of grey names will be showing up

Did you not see Edge basically calling it the greatest game of all time? There will be no need for bloodshed because the perfect 100 meta critic score will unite gaf. This will be like the Portlandia skit about Pitchfork, we can officially stop talking about games

Hindl

Damn Switch getting some good indie support:

switch_indiegraphic5psnk.png

Switch being a Nintendo + indies machine sounds perfect to me. Plus, it'll be great to have those couch multiplayer games on there. I have a ton of them on PC and my friends always enjoy them when they come over. But if I go over their place there's no way to bring it. Taking shit like Ultimate Chicken Horse wherever I go sounds great

Did you not see Edge basically calling it the greatest game of all time? There will be no need for bloodshed because the perfect 100 meta critic score will unite gaf. This will be like the Portlandia skit about Pitchfork, we can officially stop talking about games

You must've missed the Dualshockers editor's comments. He isn't even reviewing the game, but he had pretty negative impressions. He said the game looked bad technically (true) especially next to Horizon (true) and had other issues. Now, most of his issues were technical and didn't have much to critique about the gameplay, and he had some pretty childish arguments tbh (game's getting a pass cuz it's Zelda, thinks it's childish, etc.) But that single editor managed to derail the preview thread for a solid 6 pages with people attacking him on various points. The second a bad review hits, that review thread is going to be a mess

200,000 fans expected for NFL Draft

Draft details.

More at article.

Anyone coming for the draft? It's about 8 blocks from my house so I'll probably walk over each night.

Only on GAF can there be controversy about two good games being out at the same time.
Man it is killing me so fucking much that I am going to miss that. I love going to the draft so much and them having it in the greatest city in the world is just going to make it better.

Man it is killing me so fucking much that I am going to miss that. I love going to the draft so much and them having it in the greatest city in the world is just going to make it better.

Yeah dude a shame you can't make it out, I'd buy you some beers. Any luck finding jobs here?

Also, I am going to try to compile a list of all other teams bars in the city and post it on the NFL subreddit for other fans. I know there is a Chief's bar in south philly, and a place scum, ...uh... I mean Patriots fans meet up. I think there is also a Packers bar and a Bears bar. I gotta do some research though.

Yo if we aren't hanging out for the draft then I'ma fight u

Definitely dude.

MechDX

Chiefs gave S Eric Berry a six-year, $78 million deal that includes $40 million guaranteed and a $20 mil signing bonus, per source.

Via Schefter. Berry got paid

Yeah dude a shame you can't make it out, I'd buy you some beers. Any luck finding jobs here?

Also, I am going to try to compile a list of all other teams bars in the city and post it on the NFL subreddit for other fans. I know there is a Chief's bar in south philly, and a place scum, ...uh... I mean Patriots fans meet up. I think there is also a Packers bar and a Bears bar. I gotta do some research though.

Definitely dude.
I have been trying like crazy. I talked to the head of hiring for the district and he told me no problem he could get my wife hired but he can't do anything for me. I have tried to find other non teaching jobs but it is so hard from across the country. My brother in law is a computer programmer and he offered to fake an email for me to the district even. This whole situation is such a disaster.

MechDX

Funny I was listening to Florio today and he had some draft guy on and that guy was saying no way would the skins franchise him again. Crazy that they are going to pay him so much and then be in an even worse negotiating position next year.

They can still trade him. Key thing is they didnt use the non-exclusive tag. Under that tag if another team offers him a deal Washington gets two first round picks in return. Obviously want more than that in return for him

Kirk Cousins‏Verified account @KirkCousins8 11m11 minutes ago
More
Tag! I'm it!

:jnc

They can still trade him. Key thing is they didnt use the non-exclusive tag. Under that tag if another team offers him a deal Washington gets two first round picks in return. Obviously want more than that in return for him
More then 2 firsts? No way would I give that up for him.

I have been trying like crazy. I talked to the head of hiring for the district and he told me no problem he could get my wife hired but he can't do anything for me. I have tried to find other non teaching jobs but it is so hard from across the country. My brother in law is a computer programmer and he offered to fake an email for me to the district even. This whole situation is such a disaster.

Are you interested in charters at all? They won't have the ridiculousness that the district has. I would look at places like FACTS or Mastery. I want my eventual kid to go to FACTS. It is only K-8 though an I think you teach high school.

BigAT

Funny I was listening to Florio today and he had some draft guy on and that guy was saying no way would the skins franchise him again. Crazy that they are going to pay him so much and then be in an even worse negotiating position next year.

Listen to Florio in 2017 fam

Are you interested in charters at all? They won't have the ridiculousness that the district has. I would look at places like FACTS or Mastery. I want my eventual kid to go to FACTS. It is only K-8 though an I think you teach high school.
I am just so worried about charter schools due to the lack of unions. I will definitely look into it though. I can't have my kids growing up in the state that is dead last in education.

Damn Switch getting some good indie support:

Switch being a Nintendo + indies machine sounds perfect to me. Plus, it'll be great to have those couch multiplayer games on there. I have a ton of them on PC and my friends always enjoy them when they come over. But if I go over their place there's no way to bring it. Taking shit like Ultimate Chicken Horse wherever I go sounds great

You must've missed the Dualshockers editor's comments. He isn't even reviewing the game, but he had pretty negative impressions. He said the game looked bad technically (true) especially next to Horizon (true) and had other issues. Now, most of his issues were technical and didn't have much to critique about the gameplay, and he had some pretty childish arguments tbh (game's getting a pass cuz it's Zelda, thinks it's childish, etc.) But that single editor managed to derail the preview thread for a solid 6 pages with people attacking him on various points. The second a bad review hits, that review thread is going to be a mess

Indies really have replaced the now dead AA side of gaming. And yeah Switch seems like it will be a great Nintendo (who can actually focus on one machine for the first time in 20+ years) + Indie platform, and maybe the rare AAA 3rd party game....that Nintendo pays to be ported.

I am just so worried about charter schools due to the lack of unions. I will definitely look into it though. I can't have my kids growing up in the state that is dead last in education.

I would view it as an opportunity to get your family moved back to the city and hold down a job for a year, then you could go to the surrounding area and find something better. Sometimes that first job is the hardest to get.

Duxxy3

The Patriots have the fourth largest space under the cap.

Bill's newest challenge is to win a super bowl while having 100 million in cap space.

For real, I don't think the Pats will get a better offer than the Browns 12th pick. Even then, I would wager that Bill trades down from 12.

Jarnet87

Bill's newest challenge is to win a super bowl while having 100 million in cap space.

For real, I don't think the Pats will get a better offer than the Browns 12th pick. Even then, I would wager that Bill trades down from 12.

Bill will instead trade up and draft Trubisky knowing that he is the true successor to Brady, congrats Browns you played yourself.

Duxxy3

if bill doesn't extend butler i hope they give him to cleveland so he can experience more prosperity

If Bill doesn't extend out Butler and Hightower I would seriously have to question what he's going to use all that cap space on. Hopefully not another Brady extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom