• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hire over 2000 new teachers every year. The most of any district in the country. I expect that number to be even higher this year due to all the anti-teacher stuff they added in the last contract.
Welp my district keeps laying off more and more and it's not looking good. So much for getting a raise

Welp my district keeps laying off more and more and it's not looking good. So much for getting a raise
We have gotten our cost of living raise once in the last 6 years. To go up a step on the payscale you need 144 contract units each one has to be approved by your principal. You can only go up once every 2 years and any unused units do not carry over. Nevada is the 11th most profitable state and yet they won't pay teachers anything.

YH. Are they hiring in Vegas for school district?

Isn't Vegas hiring in everything because it's so hard for them to get people. My cousin just finiah med school and he's gonna move to Vegas. He was telling me how desperate they are since no family man wants to move there so they hire a bunch of people fresh outta school.

Yeah terrible weather, horrible traffic, every time I turn on the news there is another home Invasion story, the most drunk drivers. Vegas is a mess, oh and it is rated dead last in education so no one wants to raise kids here.

We have gotten our cost of living raise once in the last 6 years. To go up a step on the payscale you need 144 contract units each one has to be approved by your principal. You can only go up once every 2 years and any unused units do not carry over. Nevada is the 11th most profitable state and yet they won't pay teachers anything.
So basically gotta try back east to find decent salary.

So basically gotta try back east to find decent salary.

For sure.

Why did you want to move out there to begin with?

When my wife finished her student teaching their was a hiring freeze for elementary teachers in Philly. Vegas was the only place that we were sure we would both get in, plus I got offered a job teaching high school students for college credit which seemed like it would be cool. My dream was always to teach college but I had to leave just before I finished my PHD. The cut that program so now I am just teaching regular classes and it is terrible but hindsight is 20/20 so nothing I can do now.

Rorschach

I didn't actually pass the bar. I was trying to troll Bionic. :*(

dysH3xI.gif

Happy Saturday!

As far as I can tell there's no vomit on the floor or pink in my eye so St. Paddy's Day 2017>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>St. Paddy's Day 2016

32771b4d97dd7d087187ec99e4f443e1-tina-fey-self-five.gif

Proud of you!!!!

And a bit dissapointed.

100% real talk...I didn't go out last night.

I'm like Johnny, I'm getting my life back together so I can be a better family man. So instead of going out last night like a young fool, I stayed home and drank water and apple juice.

Then woke up this morning, not hung-over, not pink-eyed, not covered in vomit,
only slightly blue-balled
, and was able to go to the gym and get my work in.

#comebackszn

Greg

I 100% went out last night to 3 different bars, and I'm paying for it with this headache

peer pressure doesn't work on me anymore, but oldest brother pressure still does

Sanjuro

I 100% went out last night to 3 different bars, and I'm paying for it with this headache

peer pressure doesn't work on me anymore, but oldest brother pressure still does

Stop being such a little bitch and put whiskey in your coffee, Greg.

100% real talk...I didn't go out last night.

I'm like Johnny, I'm getting my life back together so I can be a better family man. So instead of going out last night like a young fool, I stayed home and drank water and apple juice.

Then woke up this morning, not hung-over, not pink-eyed, not covered in vomit,
only slightly blue-balled
, and was able to go to the gym and get my work in.

#comebackszn
"5 Years later, how am I the man still?"
cant believe Johnson ruined a perfectly good song

brentech

I know my oldest brother would get me killed at some sketchy club, so his pressure don't work on me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom