• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

I was a sprinter in high school, but ran cross country in junior high. Knee got all out of sorts when I was growing so I had to stop the distance.

Many years later, I finally started running again last year. Biking and rowing are great, and while running is harder on the body, its safer than having assholes try to run you off the road. Not sure I intend to do anything longer than 5k at this point, but I signed up for this event in July.

https://warriordash.com/location/2017-warrior-dash-ohio/

Got my brother to join as well, so it should be a fun time.
you had me at beer

my shins always gave me issues - any kind of distance just magnified it

Slo

Warrior Dashes are pretty fun. I've never done any of the longer variations like Tough Mudder or Spartan Race or whatever. Seems like too much suffering.

jbug617

Banned
tumblr_nus5kxTyoR1rwnp75o1_500.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Normally at 9 PST on a Sunday we'd all be gathering to watch our favorite NFL teams go to battle on their quest for a Super Bowl.

Since that won't be happening again until September I thought a Matthew Stafford pic would replicate some of those great NFL Sunday Morning feelings:

8ff14fa6429f2a2faaf34dd092f48332.jpg

bionic77

I was a sprinter in high school, but ran cross country in junior high. Knee got all out of sorts when I was growing so I had to stop the distance.

Many years later, I finally started running again last year. Biking and rowing are great, and while running is harder on the body, its safer than having assholes try to run you off the road. Not sure I intend to do anything longer than 5k at this point, but I signed up for this event in July.

I am going to start biking on trails and tracks. Just need to get the kids to be able to ride at a decent level.

Fuck biking on the road.

brentech

I am going to start biking on trails and tracks. Just need to get the kids to be able to ride at a decent level.

Fuck biking on the road.

We have really good mountain biking trails near me, so that is actually what I first started doing what I got into biking in 2012. The nearest one is a international mountain biking association single track trail (most good trails are designed with bypasses on the obstacles so kids can just go around them).

I went full bore and got some clipless pedals designed for mountain biking. Just snap out if the trail gets too wild so you can still use a leg if really needed. I only went down once, and it was on a little snake bridge that is about (3) 2x4s wide. Otherwise, the pedals allow you to get power on both your push and pull, which is really helpful when elevation is changing rapidly.

Eventually I got sick of having to drive to a park every single time I wanted to ride and switched to road cycling, which was my main cardio work until I got back into running last year.
I stick to mostly country roads and it's only when I get into town when there is an issue.
I've only had a two instances on the road where someone has intentionally tried to spook me, and those are really scary, but every now and then you just get someone that simply doesn't see you and that is probably the bigger risk.
Slam on your brakes on a road bike and you still slide like 30 ft when at speed.
But, I really enjoy it. Running and riding are both great ways to get a work out and some fresh air.

brentech

It's the reason I've backed off this place.
There isn't even an actual conversation being had. It's just, "It's anime [insert day of the week]" and a bunch of gifs. It serves no purpose other than to keep the thread floating and I would personally rather see it die a horrible death.

MechDX

Nick Korte‏
@nickkorte

Right now, only 12 teams would get 2018 compensatory picks. Packers, Cowboys, Bengals, Texans, Raiders would each get 4.

Im almost convinced Rick Smith is hanging BOB out to dry for this season and building up these picks and cap room for the 2018 season with a new yes man as head coach.

Guess BOB just has to go out and win the whole thing!

YSiXUBH.jpg

Eleuin

Good to know there are these kinds of events without electric wires

Fuck that shit

Sweeney I worked in the Montrose area of Houston and voted for Annise Parker as Houstons mayor multiple times

but what if the bathroom bills come here next

I'm not saying All Texas Is Filth, I'm sure there's more good people like you and Antonio, I'm just saying, ya know, kick it out out out until we figure out what's going on

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's the reason I've backed off this place.
There isn't even an actual conversation being had. It's just, "It's anime [insert day of the week]" and a bunch of gifs. It serves no purpose other than to keep the thread floating and I would personally rather see it die a horrible death.

This is kinda related but it's sad that there's not a lot of Packer related discussion anymore though (we're a dying breed around here I've noticed without buckethead and ez)

Eddie Lacy and TJ Lang getting signed elsewhere was a thing for a second but I don't think many Packer fans are that worried. TT did sign Bennett but there's not really as much of the usual "omg TT do something" consternation around here.

Only Packer related news I'm dreading is signing AD

brentech

This is kinda related but it's sad that there's not a lot of Packer related discussion anymore though (we're a dying breed around here I've noticed without buckethead and ez)

Eddie Lacy and TJ Lang getting signed elsewhere was a thing for a second but I don't think many Packer fans are that worried. TT did sign Bennett but there's not really as much of the usual "omg TT do something" consternation around here.

Only Packer related news I'm dreading is signing AD

I didn't even mean in terms of football conversation. Just trying to say people don't even have an actual convo about about anime, they just scream it and drop gifs. That doesn't really have any place in the community.

We've moved to a discord chat, so we don't really discuss that stuff here anymore, but from time to time I click in to see if there is anything worth talking about.

MechDX

but what if the bathroom bills come here next

I'm not saying All Texas Is Filth, I'm sure there's more good people like you and Antonio, I'm just saying, ya know, kick it out out out until we figure out what's going on

Youre always welcome. We can down some St Arnolds, eat some Whataburger and whoop Jaks ass together

bionic77

got some time to play a little yesterday for like a hour or 2. still only in the opening portion but I felt like I was being serviced. wish I could play more right now, but have a good amount of work I'm going through -__-
Probably the best graphics of all time.

But if you think that is being servicing then you are an ignorant slut who might be a boy but sure as hell ain't a JoyConBoyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom