• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

JABEE

I don't think there were any franchise QBs available in 2016.
HPCWOAd.jpg

effzee

I enjoyed Rogue One but there's a lot of little filmmaking quirks that were a bit jarring to see a Star Wars movie.

No crawl, flashbacks, random jump cuts, planet titles and shit. None of that was in the Lucas movies and outside of one flashback none of it was in TFA either. At times, RO feels less like a movie made by Lucasfilm and more like a REALLY well done fan film. Like one of those things you would watch on TheForce.Net back in the OG OG days

The story was also kind of boring for 75 minutes or so, but the last 3rd redeemed it in that aspect.

You are wrong. Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie to date.

JABEE

When you're so distracted by cheerleaders you can't tell the difference between a tight end and a true JCB Franchise QB.

ihs32rV.jpg

BigAT

When your lady friend texts you to hang out after school and you already have the corresponding Persona equipped to help increase your S-Link.

ihs32rV.gif

Who wants a Sammy

NFL.com said:
The deadline to exercise fifth-year options on 2014 first-round picks is approaching, and Sammy Watkins' long-term future with the Buffalo Bills remains in limbo.

The wide receiver, drafted fourth overall out of Clemson three years ago, has incurred multiple injuries over his first three seasons, the latest being a foot ailment that landed him on injured reserve in 2016. The Bills have seen Watkins miss 11 games over the past two years and are reportedly hesitant about extending the wideout through 2018.

According to WGR 550's Sal Capaccio, the team has not yet picked up Watkins' option because the fifth year is guaranteed against injury. If Buffalo exercises the option, the Bills will shell out around $13 million in 2018, more than double what Watkins is earning in 2017.

While new coach Sean McDermott has said recently that his star wideout has suffered "no setbacks" in his rehab and should be in the organization's plans in 2017, it will be hard to evaluate Watkins' value to the team going forward if he continues to miss significant time in-season.

Hints at Watkins' future with the club should come on draft night. The Bills are slated to pick 10th in the first round and have been linked to the class's top two wideouts, Mike Williams and Corey Davis. It would be quite cruel for Buffalo to draft Williams, a Clemson wideout in the same mold as Watkins, and then choose to bypass the veteran's fifth year, but that's the business.

If Buffalo chooses not to exercise the option, it can always offer Watkins an extension during the season or place the franchise tag on him in the offseason if he stays healthy and produces at a level worthy of a longer deal. That's a big if.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Was Sammy Watkins the guy that the Bills traded their whole draft to get?

Is he really already up for his 5th year option?

I'm an old fart Jesus

Jarnet87

Still feels like just yesterday that LJ11 was applauding the decision because the Bills haven't had a marquee player for years.

Madness.

I give thanks everyday that the Bills went and traded up for Samuel and Tampa got to sit pretty and take the superior Mike Evans. I think the Bills will pick up the 5th year option just in case he actually stays healthy and has a huge year.

You are wrong. Rogue One was the best Star Wars movie to date.

?

I am wrong about what? Rogue One does have a lot of filmmaking quirks that separate it from the other 7 Star Wars movies.

But nah it's not the best Star Wars movie to date. It probably has the best single 45 minute or so stretch in the series tho. Between the RO ending and the ending of Jedi

bionic77

When I see things like Donald Trump and opinions on Rogue One being the best Star Wars and the "complaints" about Zelda it is apparent that the Internet was a huge mistake.

tmdorsey

When I see things like Donald Trump and opinions on Rogue One being the best Star Wars and the "complaints"about Zelda it is apparent that the Internet was a huge mistake.

What? I mean it's not perfect but it's the best console Zelda game and I've played them all going back to the NES.

Top Bottom