• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Cornbread78

Honestly, if you can't catch a deflated ball thrown at 10mph, should you really be playing a position that needs to catch?

tenor.gif

Hindl

He's been on the protocol for like a year, hasn't he? I think that's your brains way of telling you to stop smashing it into other human beings.

Since Week 3. If Goodell actually wanted to pimp this idea of promoting player safety, he should make a rule where the NFL can force a player to retire for their own health. I know that that would turn into a mess and be abused, but if they could work it out, they should do it. Players like Oher shouldn't be allowed to keep playing

cdyhybrid

Since Week 3. If Goodell actually wanted to pimp this idea of promoting player safety, he should make a rule where the NFL can force a player to retire for their own health. I know that that would turn into a mess and be abused, but if they could work it out, they should do it. Players like Oher shouldn't be allowed to keep playing
"Colin Kaepernick is at risk of permanent health damage, so we're forcing him to retire"

BigAT

If teams actually cared, they can already effectively force a player to retire. The Panthers don't have any obligation to keep putting his scrambled egg brains out on the field. They could cut him and no other team in the league would need to sign him.

If teams actually cared.

The NBA has this process in place (they just used it for Chris Bosh)

Making it only available after an independent doctor review is essential though. Because otherwise you end up with shit like teams claiming underperforming players with huge contracts are at risk of tetanus after getting a scratch in practice so they have to retire.

Hindl

"Colin Kaepernick is at risk of permanent health damage, so we're forcing him to retire"
Yeah the NFLPA would have to figure out a way to regulate it so it isn't abused
If teams actually cared, they can already effectively force a player to retire. The Panthers don't have any obligation to keep putting his scrambled egg brains out on the field. They could cut him and no other team in the league would need to sign him.

If teams actually cared.
Yeah true
The NBA has this process in place (they just used it for Chris Bosh)

Making it only available after an independent doctor review is essential though. Because otherwise you end up with shit like teams claiming underperforming players with huge contracts are at risk of tetanus after getting a scratch in practice so they have to retire.
Agreed, an independent review would be essential. But they should start looking into it

In lighter Panthers news, Cam's annual charity kickball tournament!

DB53zUbWsAAHgxB.jpg

Joe Person‏Verified account @josephperson 6m6 minutes ago
More
Others here for Cam deal: Josh Norman, Brandon LaFell, Cody Zeller, Frank Kaminsky, Jameis Winston. Many others.

Apparently Jame is looking slender...

In lighter Panthers news, Cam's annual charity kickball tournament!

DB53zUbWsAAHgxB.jpg

Joe Person‏Verified account @josephperson 6m6 minutes ago
More
Others here for Cam deal: Josh Norman, Brandon LaFell, Cody Zeller, Frank Kaminsky, Jameis Winston. Many others.

Apparently Jame is looking slender...

I was there too but I couldn't check in because my laptop had been stolen.

RBH

The Cleveland Browns waived safety Tyvis Powell on Friday, just hours before he was scheduled to throw out the first pitch at a Chicago White Sox-Cleveland Indians game at Progressive Field.

The Browns were not aware that Powell was scheduled to throw out the first pitch until after the roster move was made, a team spokesman told Cleveland.com.

Powell is a native of Bedford, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb, and played college football at Ohio State. He joined the Browns on waivers from the Seahawks on Feb. 6, after appearing in eight games as rookie with Seattle last season.

Powell still will support a Buckeyes group event and throw out the first pitch at the Friday night's game, an Indians team official told ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-throwing-first-pitch-cleveland-indians-game

DB5nkbSXkAQrqBy

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pineapple pizza is fake news. No one (sane) orders just pineapple on pizza. That's a mark of a crazy person. Pineapple+Ham/Hot Ham/Pepperoni though? Pineapple/Mushroom/Pepper? Those are real ass pizzas you can proudly order.

Top Bottom